Author Topic: Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today  (Read 482 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:15 PM »
90s RnB sucked. Put the best 10 RnB artists of the 90s together on one show and it'll be about half as good as an average high school talent show in the 1960s Detroit.

That being said, 90s RnB is still way better than the current stuff.

There you go again...

...like I said, you remind me of the Eminem fan who can't just say he likes "Lose Yourself" but has to say his favorite song was something off of the Infinite album or one of his rare guest appearances back in 1998 or something.

HA HA HA HA HA... I feel that way about Shallow sometimes too... lol

but

There is nothing obscure about Motown, Wilson Pickett, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, or James Brown. There is talent and then there is no talent. More people will always know and love the voices of David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks than the voices of KC and Jojo. In fact I'm using examples that are the exact opposite of what you claim I do. The songs are more popular. They sold more. And will continue to sell more.

This is what RnB is supposed to sound like;

that's a real point, sadly unless we got some misguided people on here, non of us were alive for the golden era of R&B, mid 60's-mid 70's (damn disco killed R&B), so I'll just keep it 90's vs. 2000's, because most here don't even know the 80's (which sucked worst than the 90's)

thegooddoc

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »
I'm feeling Avant and Ne Yo in regard to new R&B artist.  Got to agree though, old school R&B was nice.  Jodeci, Silk, Keith Sweat, Babyface........

Hey Ma

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
Even 90's R&B sucked by your fools definition, that is when it started to meld with hip hop and you saw groups wearing timbs and jerseys and shit and singing over beats not live bands. Just find stuff you like and don't lump entire decades into hypercritical little assessments. Isn't that the righteous thing to do brian?

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »
John Legend and Alicia Keys are killing it IMO

but hey what do i know

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 11:56:51 PM »

but hey what do i know

I forgot about Alicia, mainly because I think of her looks, but she can sing her ass off.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:07 AM »
hell yeaaa

all rnb groups from the 90s are better

Yah man, str8 up. I still bump Freaken You pretty regularly, that songs just 2 classic lol!!!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27:12 AM »

but hey what do i know

I forgot about Alicia, mainly because I think of her looks, but she can sing her ass off.

Yeah.. I forgot about Alicia Keys, I will have to give you that one.  But John Legend is still wack to me.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:06 AM »

but hey what do i know

Yeah.. I forgot about Alicia Keys, I will have to give you that one.  But John Legend is still wack to me.

I like John Legend, think he has a dope voice man, he can sing!!!

midwestryder

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 02:53:42 AM »
90s RnB sucked. Put the best 10 RnB artists of the 90s together on one show and it'll be about half as good as an average high school talent show in the 1960s Detroit.

There you go again...

...like I said, you remind me of the Eminem fan who can't just say he likes "Lose Yourself" but has to say his favorite song was something off of the Infinite album or one of his rare guest appearances back in 1998 or something.

HA HA HA HA HA... I feel that way about Shallow sometimes too... lol

but

There is nothing obscure about Motown, Wilson Pickett, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, or James Brown. There is talent and then there is no talent. More people will always know and love the voices of David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks than the voices of KC and Jojo. In fact I'm using examples that are the exact opposite of what you claim I do. The songs are more popular. They sold more. And will continue to sell more.

that's a real point, sadly unless we got some misguided people on here, non of us were alive for the golden era of R&B, mid 60's-mid 70's (damn disco killed R&B), so I'll just keep it 90's vs. 2000's, because most here don't even know the 80's (which sucked worst than the 90's)
the 80's were better then 90's in everything. music is 80's was better then music in the 90's . new edition was better then any 90's R&B group ever . the 80's will always be better then the 90's .i was born in 70's & raised in 80's & the 90's . so don't come with the 80's sucked worse then 90's bullcrap . the late 90's are reason all music sucks today . 1997 & up was downfall of all music . the 80's were best of music ever

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:37 AM »
where is jodeci ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 04:49:40 AM »

There you go again...

i think if god ever came back he would sound like sam cooke singing

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 04:51:50 AM »
and alicia keys was cool when she came out, then she started to make songs like all the other r&b hits, i couldnt even recognize her, had producers drown out her piano with wack ass shit

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 05:39:01 AM »
where is jodeci ?

They had a reunion show (only KCI and JOJO) awhile back and JoJo passed out on stage.  M.I.A. since.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 05:45:36 AM »
where is jodeci ?

They had a reunion show (only KCI and JOJO) awhile back and JoJo passed out on stage.  M.I.A. since.
LOL i saw that. they shoulda been dropped a new album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Suga Foot

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:28 AM »
where is jodeci ?

Just got this in my inbox:

You're Invited::

Saturday, January 10th 
((DOORS OPEN AT 9PM))

K-Ci & JoJo
Performing all thier hits live in concert

@ the all new CLUB FLOW::
10945 Composite
Dallas, TX 75220
(Take 35N & go East on Walnut Hill Lane then right on Composite)

For VIP Bottle Service or Tables call (214) 734-9764

* 2 Clubs in 1
* VIP Lounge
* Full Scale Kitchen
* Dress Code: it's not what you wear, it's how you wear it!
* Lavish Seafood Buffet (Shrimp & Lobster)

Live Broadcast by K104's Skip Cheatham