Author Topic: Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today  (Read 481 times)

2euce 7even

Re: Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
    Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today
agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

bumps "freakin you".

yesterday i was at my friends house, he was playin some video the game and you could hear "freakn you" in the background and i was like "you know da song" he: "nah, but its da bomb", i was like "type in youtube "freakn you" and we was bumpin "freakn you" we was drunk like a motherfucker...its sad ppl dont know who jodeci are/were these days.

midwestryder

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »
    Jodeci >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any R&B group or artist today
agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

bumps "freakin you".

yesterday i was at my friends house, he was playin some video the game and you could hear "freakn you" in the background and i was like "you know da song" he: "nah, but its da bomb", i was like "type in youtube "freakn you" and we was bumpin "freakn you" we was drunk like a motherfucker...its sad ppl dont know who jodeci are/were these days.
you are so right about that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 01:15:14 PM »
and alicia keys was cool when she came out, then she started to make songs like all the other r&b hits, i couldnt even recognize her, had producers drown out her piano with wack ass shit

I agree. Her first album wasn't a masterpiece of anything but it seemed like the beginning of a great string of amazing traditional RnB releases. Of course she made too much of an effort to garner hip hop respect she brought in all these losers to produce her shit and guide it the wrong way. Instead of becoming the female Stevie, Elton or Billy Joel, she's becoming the female Timberlake or Usher. The difference? People still talk about, respect, and buy the 70s work of Wonder, John, and Joel. 30 years from now no one will be praising Justified or whatever that fucker's new album is called.

She should call up Jack White again, play him Songs in the Key of Life, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and The Stranger and tell him I want my next album to sound like those three merged into one and then you'll hear some great RnB.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
...Akon is the only new R&B artist worth a listen. 

Because he's from Africa right? Lol

kemizt

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 02:05:13 PM »
jodeci is the TRUTH. no one better than them dudes.

all my children will be conceived to "Freakin' You".

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 02:15:43 PM »
...Akon is the only new R&B artist worth a listen. 

Because he's from Africa right? Lol

that's part of it, I've been to his home country Senegal twice, in 07 and in 08, so I see his music from a little bit different perspective.  But that's not the only reason I like his music, obviously other people like it because he's generally considered one of the top R&B artists out today; his record sales prove that I'm not the only one that listens to him.

And I don't put him in the same category as Jodeci or Nate Dogg... but he's the king of today's R&B... which isn't saying much because there is no competition.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:17:53 PM by Infinite African West Coastin »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
AKon sux.

he's not even really r&B.....he's dance hall, hip pop.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
he's not even really r&B.....he's dance hall, hip pop.

pop

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »
and alicia keys was cool when she came out, then she started to make songs like all the other r&b hits, i couldnt even recognize her, had producers drown out her piano with wack ass shit

I agree. Her first album wasn't a masterpiece of anything but it seemed like the beginning of a great string of amazing traditional RnB releases. Of course she made too much of an effort to garner hip hop respect she brought in all these losers to produce her shit and guide it the wrong way. Instead of becoming the female Stevie, Elton or Billy Joel, she's becoming the female Timberlake or Usher. The difference? People still talk about, respect, and buy the 70s work of Wonder, John, and Joel. 30 years from now no one will be praising Justified or whatever that fucker's new album is called.

She should call up Jack White again, play him Songs in the Key of Life, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and The Stranger and tell him I want my next album to sound like those three merged into one and then you'll hear some great RnB.
i didnt like their 007 song and i dont like billy joel, but i see what you are saying completely,

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 03:40:16 PM »
Don't forget about Donell Jones. His albums are also great.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

i didnt like their 007 song and i dont like billy joel, but i see what you are saying completely,

The 007 song really grew on me but that wasn't the sound I'd want for an Alicia Keys album. White showed me with Loretta Lynn that he can produce outside of his style and I think he can do Alicia justice.

I'm not the world's biggest Billy Joel fan but from an 80s pop perspective he is amaster of fun little ditties. Aren't you an MJ fan? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Either way if Alicia Keys could record songs half as good as New York State of Mind and Only the Good Die Young, she'd be in great shape.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »
Alicia keys has immense talent.

Shallow lets be honest, you always tryna put down black talent, its quite boring now.

As for alicia becoming the new justin timberlake, or the female version of him, thats rubbish. Usher has alot of talent by the way, has a great voice and put out a bad album but shit happens. There are some rnb singers today who could get a pass in terms of voice of any era but its a different industry and vibe today. She is also very good with the keys as we all know but i sure hope she aint looking to become the next elton.lol..just my opinion but she different to that. We'll see what the future holds for her music but if i was her, id get down with someone like quincy to do the majority of it and get him to simplify it and let he do her thing on the keys and bring it forward with modern music too.

And for who she should work with in the future, she should work with those she feels comfortable with and those who can continue to bring the best out of her. She is still putting out good music and selling well too. You cant go wrong there. Maybe not as great as when she first came out, but some of the stuff she puts out is still real nice.

pz

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 09:00:55 PM »
Alicia keys has immense talent.

Shallow lets be honest, you always tryna put down black talent, its quite boring now.

As for alicia becoming the new justin timberlake, or the female version of him, thats rubbish. Usher has alot of talent by the way, has a great voice and put out a bad album but shit happens. There are some rnb singers today who could get a pass in terms of voice of any era but its a different industry and vibe today. She is also very good with the keys as we all know but i sure hope she aint looking to become the next elton.lol..just my opinion but she different to that. We'll see what the future holds for her music but if i was her, id get down with someone like quincy to do the majority of it and get him to simplify it and let he do her thing on the keys and bring it forward with modern music too.

And for who she should work with in the future, she should work with those she feels comfortable with and those who can continue to bring the best out of her. She is still putting out good music and selling well too. You cant go wrong there. Maybe not as great as when she first came out, but some of the stuff she puts out is still real nice.

pz

There is nothing obscure about Motown, Wilson Pickett, Sam Cooke, Otis Redding, or James Brown. There is talent and then there is no talent. More people will always know and love the voices of David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks than the voices of KC and Jojo. In fact I'm using examples that are the exact opposite of what you claim I do. The songs are more popular. They sold more. And will continue to sell more.

This is what RnB is supposed to sound like;

How many of the great artists mentioned by me here are white? The clip I posted, what color is the guy singing? They are all a lot blacker than Alicia Keys (who has paler skin than I do).

Why am I always being accused of absurd shit? First I only like things that no one else likes and use it to show my dominance and now I have no respect for black talent. I wasn't comparign the new black singers to old white singers. I was comparing them to old black ones. Fuck difference in style. You can either hit all the notes or you can't.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

The 007 song really grew on me but that wasn't the sound I'd want for an Alicia Keys album. White showed me with Loretta Lynn that he can produce outside of his style and I think he can do Alicia justice.

I'm not the world's biggest Billy Joel fan but from an 80s pop perspective he is amaster of fun little ditties. Aren't you an MJ fan? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Either way if Alicia Keys could record songs half as good as New York State of Mind and Only the Good Die Young, she'd be in great shape.

i do like mj, but billy just anoys me, but he does have some shit i cant hate but overall, ehhh

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »

i do like mj, but billy just anoys me, but he does have some shit i cant hate but overall, ehhh

Off the top of my head some songs I really like by him are;

Only the Good Die Young
NY State of Mind
Matter of Trust
Moving Out
My Life
She's Always a Woman
Honesty
Still Rock n Roll to Me
We Didn't Start the Fire
You May Be Right
Say Goodbye to Hollywood
The Longest Time
Tell Her About It
Uptown Girl
The River Of Dreams
Easy Money (great James Brown style song)
Just The Way You Are
Leave a Tender Moment Alone

If you haven't heard any of the above I recommend youtubing them.