Author Topic: 1/07/09-Stat Quo Interview Part 2-HipHopGame.Com  (Read 273 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.

redspyda

• 'G'
Re: 1/07/09-Stat Quo Interview Part 2-HipHopGame.Com
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:14:13 AM »
thanx homie

Matty

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »
stat is completely on point. i'm on the same page and becoming a big fan of dude recently.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »
thanks again Laconic  ;)

well if stat has the statlanta stuff, then what is he waiting for?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
thanx homie

No prob.

thanks again Laconic  ;)

That's what I was thinking.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »
In a video interview you said the rap industry was full of “butt pirates.” What motivated that statement?

I’m going to make this clear because some people think I hate homosexuals. I don’t hate homosexuals. This is what I have a problem, with – if you’re a homosexual, be a homosexual. Why are you trying to pretend like you’re not a homosexual. That’s what I mean. Whatever you are, be who you are. Don’t pretend that you’re not something. I don’t have a problem with that. The industry is full of people like that. Be who you are. Don’t be afraid of it. Accept your position. If that’s what you are, be that. If you are a woman and like women, like women. When somebody asks you about that don’t front like you don’t. If you’re a man and you fuck with men, don’t be afraid to say that. They’re afraid to say that and they’re not really living their life.

Me, I like pussy. I say I like pussy all the time.

Even in grocery stores?

You know what I’m talking about. I’m not talking about in the grocery store like, ‘Hey, I like pussy!’ You know what I’m talking about, brother. There’s a lot of people pretending to be something that aren’t and pretending. I’m not saying you should run around here with a sticker on your chest that says, “I’m this, I’m that.” We’re in the business of working with human beings and people are so scared of being themselves right now and why? For what? Who are we trying to impress? Why can’t we be ourselves? Why?

I appreciate if a motherfucker wants to do something. A lot of times I don’t agree with the fashion but if a motherfucker wants to wear some crazy shit, do I have an opinion on it? Yeah, but I appreciate what a motherfucker is trying to do.

I’m a Kanye West fan. I think Kanye is incredible. I think his first three albums were all classics. Now was I hurt when I found out that the majority of his new records, he was singing all of the time? Yes, I was hurt because he’s one of the biggest hip-hop figures and when somebody like him doesn’t rap, it kind of takes us down and with hip-hop, it takes away from us because it makes it seem like rapping isn't the thing anymore. Did I listen to it? Yeah. Did I like it as much as the other records? No. But I like it that he did what he wanted to do. He’s in the position he’s in now because of what he did. He’s done his thing and he says that people are telling him that he can’t do this and he can’t do that and he came out and he did his own thing. He wears what he wants and he makes the music he wants and I respect that shit. And I think he’s the shit for it. But do I want him to rap more? Hell yeah because I think he’s one of the greatest rappers of all time. Do I mind him singing? No. It’s cool for him to sing. I sing my own melodies all the time. But do I want to hear a whole album of him singing? No. And I’m entitled to my own opinion and I can say that. There it is.

At least he ain’t afraid to do him. At least he do what the fuck he wants to do and he don’t give a fuck about who says what about what he says. He does what he wants and he says what the fuck he wants and I fuck with him for that, period. Now a lot of motherfuckers are trying to walk around here and not do that. That’s fool shit. Fuck them.

he's right, that's how it should be.

unfortunately fear is what sets up people against each other.

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 11:11:16 AM »
thanx homie

No prob.

thanks again Laconic  ;)

That's what I was thinking.

I am wondering the same thing.. he probably doesnt have it but will use it to keep the buzz for his tapes alive

Matty

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
ofcourse he has a copy of his album. it was completed in its entirity way before he left aftermath and was even sent to press in a completed form for review purposes. it's highly unlikely that he doesn't have it in his personal possession.

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 12:42:32 PM »
ofcourse he has a copy of his album. it was completed in its entirity way before he left aftermath and was even sent to press in a completed form for review purposes. it's highly unlikely that he doesn't have it in his personal possession.

Ok lets say he has a copy dont u think he will face legal issues for distributing it

Matty

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
i actually don't think so. i don't think they could prove that he leaked it if he did it smartly...

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »

Ok lets say he has a copy dont u think he will face legal issues for distributing it

Couldnt he get around it by dropping it free therefore not making money off of it and that way theres no money to try and sue him for?

Matty

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »
that's what his plan is apparently. what i'd do is just rip it off the cd etc put it in a rar file give it to some homie on a usb stick get them to go some lil web cafe upload it and post it on a few message boards and there you go. it's impossible to trace it back to him and would spread everywhere instantly. stat aint stupid though he'd obviously do some shit like like i described if/when he leaks it. he'd be best not to comment on it in any interviews after that happens though.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »
He might try to force their hand in releasing the album.