Author Topic: was listenin to marshall mathers lp again  (Read 1198 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: was listenin to marshall mathers lp again
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 06:17:41 AM »
dre was a beast on this album too, the shit he gave him was top notch!! I love who knew, one of my fav eminem songs ever and bitch please 2...shiiit, thats westcoast right there!  8)

The beats Dre did for this album were perfect for Em at the time.

Not to get sidetracked here but when you listen to the Dre beats on that album (especially by themselves as standalone tracks) you'll see how simple they really are. They are much simpler than most of the beats he's put out these last couple years (minus Curtis) but yet all his beats today are considered "garbage" by most fans we see around here. I can almost garantee that if Dre released any of those beats he did for TMMLP today he would be hated on more than Hitler, lol.

I'm just saying that sometimes we can't judge a production based soley on a standalone track (especially when it's incomplete and/or holds the expectations of the second coming, haha).

true, props  ;)
but you need to realise why posters make certain comments.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »
bitch please 2 will always be one of my favorite songs ever

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 06:28:51 AM »
dre was a beast on this album too, the shit he gave him was top notch!! I love who knew, one of my fav eminem songs ever and bitch please 2...shiiit, thats westcoast right there!  8)

Not to get sidetracked here but when you listen to the Dre beats on that album (especially by themselves as standalone tracks) you'll see how simple they really are. They are much simpler than most of the beats he's put out these last couple years (minus Curtis) but yet all his beats today are considered "garbage" by most fans we see around here. I can almost garantee that if Dre released any of those beats he did for TMMLP today he would be hated on more than Hitler, lol.

I'm just saying that sometimes we can't judge a production based soley on a standalone track (especially when it's incomplete and/or holds the expectations of the second coming, haha).

true, props  ;)

No doubt. I can understand the expectations Dre put on himself and the frustration of fans due to lack of releases coming from his "universe". I suppose I'm a little bias when it comes to producers because I'm an amature producer myself and I know how hard it is. A true producer's job is far more than that of an MC when it comes to the technicalities and construction of a song. It's not just about beats... it's also about the theme, the musical feel, a "little things" sprinkled within a track that goes unnoticed by many but can make all the diferrence in the world for a particular song, how a producer can "bring out the best" from an MC and mold it together to a dope song, a grimmy street track, a catchy club joint, a mainstream hit or music that tells a story and puts a listener in that world, feel me?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 06:32:10 AM »

true, props  ;)

No doubt. I can understand the expectations Dre put on himself and the frustration of fans due to lack of releases coming from his "universe". I suppose I'm a little bias when it comes to producers because I'm an amature producer myself and I know how hard it is. A true producer's job is far more than that of an MC when it comes to the technicalities and construction of a song. It's not just about beats... it's also about the theme, the musical feel, a "little things" sprinkled within a track that goes unnoticed by many but can make all the diferrence in the world for a particular song, how a producer can "bring out the best" from an MC and mold it together to a dope song, a grimmy street track, a catchy club joint, a mainstream hit or music that tells a story and puts a listener in that world, feel me?

yeah i get what you're stating  ;)

a lot of people don't know what a producer does, let alone what Dre does  ;)
yet they speak on the matter like they know what they're talking about :P

Lucifuge

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:47 AM »
CLASIC
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 05:31:44 AM »
Tracks like Puke, My 1st Single ,Ass Like That and Big Weenie should never of got on there have never been recorded.
;D

kemizt

Invincible

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 06:08:53 AM »
Tracks like Puke, My 1st Single ,Ass Like That and Big Weenie should never of got on there have never been recorded.
;D

Haha, yer my bad.  :laugh:

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »
Jeff Bass of FBT:

While he has appeared on projects by other rappers, Eminem has not issued a major new work of his own since 2004's "Encore," whose title -- along with the hits-compilation "Curtain Call"-- hinted at the coming hiatus. Recording sessions moved to Miami in recent weeks as Eminem and Dre set their eyes on a final track list. Among the album's early collaborators was Jeff Bass, the producer and co-writer who shared an Oscar for Eminem's "Lose Yourself." He worked with Eminem on more than 25 tracks in the 2-year period after the rapper's sleeping pill-addiction treatment at a Brighton facility. "The music I was giving him was going back to the original Eminem sound: raw tracks, very similar to 'The Marshall Mathers LP,' " Bass says. "They were made more for rapping off the top of his head, as opposed to writing a story."

Link: http://delaware.metromix.com/music/article/eminem-plans-return-to/779341/content

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

I dont really agree with that.

I think dres beat at the time mmlp came out were amazing for time they dropped. Whether his beats are more complex or not, it does not matter, its about getting out good music who the majority feel. Currently i think its fair to say not many are digging a whole lot of dre joints in the last couple of years but people also accept he did amazing shit on grodt, doc, cheers etc so when dre drops shit that is mostly considered fire, he gets his props, when he does not, he won't. Aint no special circumstances for anyone. Dre set his own standards, challenge for him and his artists such as eminem are to keep them standards.

I was listening mmlp just today and the shit they both did was fire, but like alot of artists say, its about the moment, shit just happens, something created. Dre's sound back then was banging, i'm not really diggin his new shit but im sure there is alot more to come fro dre once he gets it perfected or formulised to how he wants it.

We aint really heard much dre shit yet. When 50 and eminems album comes out, we'll see if his new shit is banging regardless of how complex the beat is.  If its heat, most people will say it, if its not, most will say its not.

There will always be haters and dickriders but u just gotta filter between that shit.

I do agree with the parts of your post, about the timing and what dre did for em back then was perfect though ;-)

pz
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:01:45 PM by LyRiCaL_G »