Author Topic: How many 40 point games does Dwight Howard have in his career...?  (Read 1020 times)

teecee

Re: How many 40 point games does Dwight Howard have in his career...?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:28 PM »
Guys, its obvious this is a "shock" post.  There is no way NIK truly believes Bynum would regularly get 40plus on another team.   

Bynum is nowhere near as athletic as Howard, and doesn't have the same drive as of now. 

And remember, even Bryant Reeves scored 50 in a game, so Bynum scoring 40 against the worst low-post team in the league doesn't prove a lot really.  Good for Bynum though, hope he can put up a little consistency from this point forward.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »
it was a knee-jerk post sure but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deseve crap for it

besides, this is the same guy trying to tell me Hedu Turkoglu for Nate Robionson + Jarret Jack is fair for fantasy b-ball ;)

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
it was a knee-jerk post sure but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deseve crap for it

besides, this is the same guy trying to tell me Hedu Turkoglu for Nate Robionson + Jarret Jack is fair for fantasy b-ball ;)

LMAO. you're such a fucking moron and your league is a joke. take it from me, homie. Nate Rob and Turkoglu ALONE are having comparable seasons statistically. in fact, Nate Rob wins in FG% and Steals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3947

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415

add Jarret Jack in the mix, and it's not even questionable whether it's a fair trade. fuckin idiot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
Guys, its obvious this is a "shock" post.  There is no way NIK truly believes Bynum would regularly get 40plus on another team.   

Bynum is nowhere near as athletic as Howard, and doesn't have the same drive as of now. 

And remember, even Bryant Reeves scored 50 in a game, so Bynum scoring 40 against the worst low-post team in the league doesn't prove a lot really.  Good for Bynum though, hope he can put up a little consistency from this point forward.

why would it be a shock post? can you honestly sit there and tell me that you expected Bynum to hit 40 before Dwight? quit being such a hater, man...honestly. Bynum is much nicer offensively. He might not have the hops that Dwight has, but he's still very athletic, has way better post moves+footwork with more length and a softer touch around the basket, as well. basically, Bynum is nicer on offense. Dwight has had way more opportunities to score 40 than Bynum has, but somehow, Bynum accomplished the feat first. People who are acting like this means nothing are in denial...and BTW, comparing Bryant Reeves (who was a solid force in his day) putting up huge numbers as the only offensive weapons for the Vancouver Grizzlies, to Bynum putting up those numbers as a 3rd option on the best team in the league is a laughable concept...PeACe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:49:52 PM »
^lmao, cmon now.

congrats to Bynum for scoring 40, i know its not easy for big men esspecially.

Bynum has more post moves & better than Dwight, but Howard is a hundred thousand times more athletic than Bynum lol.

i didnt watch the game, so i could say for sure, but i could almost bet that once he got it going & Kobe realized the D wasnt stopping him, he just kept feeding him the ball.

it wont be a regular, weekly even monthly thing.

congradulations though lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35:24 PM »
player 1: 8.4 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 1.4 blocks, .563 shooting %, .....has scored 20 points in 6 playoff games. 

player 2: 16.9 PPG, 12.4 RPG, 1.9 blocks, .566 Shooting %, lead league in rebounds last 4 years; lead team deep into playoffs
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:34 PM »
23 points 14 rebounds in 3 quarters 8)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 12:03:50 AM »
NIK you are a passionate Laker fan, but please stop it. As of now, Dwight is hella better than Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
NIK you are a passionate Laker fan, but please stop it. As of now, Dwight is hella better than Bynum.

hella better? i wouldn't go that far. you can say he's better, but not "hella" better. in my honest opinion, dwight is overrated as fuck. i mean, if you've watched dude play, he's pure athleticism. all his points are off dunks. he has a horrible touch and no shot whatsoever. no back-to-the-basket game, no footwork, no go-to post moves. he's like a big-mans version of shawn marion. you can say his defense and rebounding is "hella" better than Bynum's is currently, but i really don't think he's as a complete player as people say. again, there's no doubt in my mind that Bynum would easily be averaging at least 20-12 as a first option...PeACe

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 03:46:24 AM »

hella better?

At the moment yeah. Bynum will have a slower maturation, he'll be very good at 25-26, and he has the tools to be a dominant center. Dwight already is.

i wouldn't go that far. you can say he's better, but not "hella" better. in my honest opinion, dwight is overrated as fuck. i mean, if you've watched dude play, he's pure athleticism. all his points are off dunks.  he has a horrible touch and no shot whatsoever. no back-to-the-basket game, no footwork, no go-to post moves. he's like a big-mans version of shawn marion. you can say his defense and rebounding is "hella" better than Bynum's is currently, but i really don't think he's as a complete player as people say.

I've seen him against the Celtics. Bad night. Anyway what's your point? I know what you mean, and you are absolutely right. But that doesn't make him less dominant than what he is, man. His athleticism, at this point of his career, is still enought to make him the most voted player in the All-Star Game and quite possibly the best center in the League. Bynum, who has probably a better offensive arsenal, is not as good as Howard at the moment. Plus you're talking only about the offensive aspects, but there are other things where Bynum was been a letdown this season, like defense and rebounds. And they are two things where Howard has no rivals in the League. So yes, "hella better", at the moment. There's a huge difference between the two of them under quite a few categories: defense, rebounds, consistancy. The most important ones for a center, if you ask me. And no, i'm not saying Howard is "complete". He is not. Not yet. But Bynum is not "complete" too.

again, there's no doubt in my mind that Bynum would easily be averaging at least 20-12 as a first option...PeACe

The starting Center of the Lakers should at least grab 10 rebounds per game. He's averaging 7.9 rebounds in 30 minutes. It's not enought, c'mon. It's just 2 rebounds per game more than what fucking Kwame Brown averaged with us!! And he's playing 10 minutes more than what Brown used to do with us!!! Let's be real. He's not impressing. He has potential, no doubt. But he betta start to prove something, cause he signed the big contract already, so it's time for him to step his game up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:48:30 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 03:58:24 AM »
Pathetic thread. Dwight eats Bynum alive in a direct match-up. Dwight is the true centerpiece of an elite team, while Bynum is just another nigga on his. Bynum has nothing on Dwight, except for rocking P&G. If Dwight replaces Bynum, the Lakers do another 3peat. Easy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 06:29:09 AM »
Dwight Howard is Dwight Howard... & Andrew Bynum is Andrew Bynum
They both have aspect's of their game the other could benifit from.

Shaq, Howard is not, Superman they are not, Again Shaq they will never be.
(No matter how much the NBA tries to package as Dwight the new SHAQ)

That said, Howard Vs. Bynum will be great to watch over the years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 01:24:18 PM »
23 points 14 rebounds in 3 quarters 8)

having a hot two games.

if he starts that play he was playing before he got injured last year; crown them now. :P

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 07:11:47 AM »
hahah, thanks for this thread, it made me lmao

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »
I usually stay out of these threads because I know NIK's argument only depends on what colors the guy he defends is wearing. If Howard were a Laker and Bynum was not he'd be arguing for Howard. I hope no one actually gets worked up over NIK's Laker vs non-Laker debates.