Author Topic: For all you Obama groupies...  (Read 1656 times)

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: For all you Obama groupies...
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »
Let's not forget that a lot of these "groupies" are starting to be more politically active in their community.  Say what you want about where were these people before Obama, but the case remains that these types of people are here because of Obama winning.
word,thats one undeniable positive thing to come out of this election,regardless the outcome. not only the youthful movement but the resurgence as a whole of the voting process. we owe alot of it to Obama and W for being a colossal fuck-up.

Put another way, how do you think this current surge of grass roots enthusiasm will feel if they feel that Obama is not a change for the better, demoralised maybe?

If people are helping out the community already, they're not going to stop doing what they are doing because of what Obama has done.  I'm not talking about the people that went to vote for the first time, I'm talking about that actually showed a deeper interest in stuff like medical care, students, senior citizens, and others. 

Point well taken my friend, but many people became interested in doing something about "medical care, students, senior citizens, and others" only because of Obama, and that is something that sets him apart from all other presidents (besides the fact that he has the biggest dick and his wife has the biggest ass :o) indeed, he did bring "Change" but only as an inspiration....

See, a lot of folks just don't get it.... Obama is like those crappy Diet pills you buy at Wal-Mart.... They don't do shit... but when you take them, YOU do more work, so YOU get the results that YOU wanted, even though the pills didn't do shit for you.... they are just a catalyst.... that's what Obama is, a catalyst...

The biggest thing I got from seeing Obama in person speak was this point, that we as people in the community need to go out and make change ourselves. And this is way more powerful than anything I've seen out of the Ron Paul camp...  ;)

Bingo Bango.....

Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »
Interesting,
but most people greatly over estimate the power and the influence of families like the Rothchilds, Rockafellars, or "Goldman Sachs" which is a new one to me.....

One good turn deserves another, right?
http://www.theinfovault.net/vault/spirituality/theinsider.html
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 03:31:01 AM »
Interesting,
but most people greatly over estimate the power and the influence of families like the Rothchilds, Rockafellars, or "Goldman Sachs" which is a new one to me.....

Clearly your statement is inaccurate, here is an excerpt I just took from the israeli times....

Mayer Amschel Rothschild (February 23, 1744 - September 19, 1812) was the founder of the Rothschild family banking empire that would become one of the most successful business families in history. In 2005, he was ranked 7th on the Forbes magazine list of the The Twenty Most Influential Businessmen Of All Time. The business magazine referred to him as a “founding father of international finance.”

He was born Mayer Amschel Bauer on February 23, 1744 in Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany to Moses Amschel Bauer. He changed his name to Rothschild (Red Shield in English) from Bauer, the previous family name, in reference to the red shield that was the official house sign and thus logotype of the family business, a bank founded by his father Moses.

Much of the early Rothschild fortune and rise to prominence was built on business dealings with Wilhelm IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Cassel. William had inherited what was purported to be among the largest fortunes in Europe and eventually came to depend substantially on Mayer for managing this fortune, particularly during and after the invasion and conquest of the area by Napoleon.

In fact, it was Nathon Rothschild who Within 11 years he had gained such a position of power in the City of London he was able to supply enough coin to the crown to stop a "market liquidity crisis", not dissimilar to the current credit crunch. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/10/23/rothschild-dynasty-a-true-tale-of-rags-to-riches-115875-20830890/

Just on a general note to, how can anyone underestimate the power of the banking families? who finances the wars? who finances the think tanks? I have noticed a pattern, if you read the mainstream media they positively reveal in the power and influence of the banking families and their fortunes, until that is, people turn round and start viewing this in disgust and then of course you are a conspiracy theorist, you hate jews blah blah blah.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:48:33 AM by virtuoso »

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41:24 PM »
Interesting,

Clearly your statement is inaccurate, here is an excerpt I just took from the israeli times....

Mayer Amschel Rothschild (February 23, 1744 - September 19, 1812) was the founder of the Rothschild family banking empire that would become one of the most successful business families in history. In 2005, he was ranked 7th on the Forbes magazine list of the The Twenty Most Influential Businessmen Of All Time. The business magazine referred to him as a “founding father of international finance.”

He was born Mayer Amschel Bauer on February 23, 1744 in Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany to Moses Amschel Bauer. He changed his name to Rothschild (Red Shield in English) from Bauer, the previous family name, in reference to the red shield that was the official house sign and thus logotype of the family business, a bank founded by his father Moses.

Much of the early Rothschild fortune and rise to prominence was built on business dealings with Wilhelm IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Cassel. William had inherited what was purported to be among the largest fortunes in Europe and eventually came to depend substantially on Mayer for managing this fortune, particularly during and after the invasion and conquest of the area by Napoleon.

In fact, it was Nathon Rothschild who Within 11 years he had gained such a position of power in the City of London he was able to supply enough coin to the crown to stop a "market liquidity crisis", not dissimilar to the current credit crunch. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/10/23/rothschild-dynasty-a-true-tale-of-rags-to-riches-115875-20830890/

Just on a general note to, how can anyone underestimate the power of the banking families? who finances the wars? who finances the think tanks? I have noticed a pattern, if you read the mainstream media they positively reveal in the power and influence of the banking families and their fortunes, until that is, people turn round and start viewing this in disgust and then of course you are a conspiracy theorist, you hate jews blah blah blah.

1) I said over estimate, not under estimate....

2) did you even follow the link and read the article before you responded to this????

3), if you answered no to the question, then go read the link, and then get back to me....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »

Admittedly my friend i have not read that link as of yet but when i saw you say that there is an over estimating of their influence, i thought you were implying that financially and geo politically, that they are not one of the biggest players there is but I shall read that link you gave.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
I love the title "changefest"...and some people are just not able to handle satire. stewart's point was to show how similar presidential rhethorics are when they come from different people with approaches that are actually different. this wasn't about showing obama is similar to bush, which, frankly and no matter how much you like obama or not, is a rather dumb thing to say

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »
I love the title "changefest"...and some people are just not able to handle satire. stewart's point was to show how similar presidential rhethorics are when they come from different people with approaches that are actually different. this wasn't about showing obama is similar to bush, which, frankly and no matter how much you like obama or not, is a rather dumb thing to say

How is it dumb? and again there is this refusal to see a distinction it's not about liking or disliking an individual it's about what they stand for. Me and others have pointed out hundreds of times why nothing is changing, at least not changing for the better anyway but here is a quick run down.

The military is staying put in Iraq, there are some 30 permanent bases in Iraq need I remind you

The troops are being withdrawn from Iraq but in turn are being used to bolster the troop numbers in Afghanistan

Supposing guantanamo bay is closed, Obama has just ordered the continuation of CIA extroadinary renditions aka the kidnapping of civilians who are to be placed in "secret prisons" aka other torture centres.

He has called for a internal corp just as strong just as powerful as the military

The Federal Reserve is still there and even if it loses some of it's power, it's already been discussed in Davos that a new world central bank needs to be created, further centralising power.

He has continued to pledge future tax payers money towards more bail outs.

He is fully supportive of carbon tax, which gives them the opportunity to basically tax every facet of your life, more taxes, going into a depression hmmm

He supports a flatulence tax on cattle, which maybe some people find funny, it sounds crazy doesn't it? but i wonder if the indpendent farmers will be laughing.

He supported the bank cash give aways in fact he even appeared before congress to give an impassioned speech urging the bail out bill to be passed.

He said he would not support the Fisa bill which gave the president the authority to allow for warrantless wiretapping and also retroactively safeguarded the telecoms giants and yet he turns full circle and supported it. To put this into context even the staunchest of democrats Olbermann talked about it.

10% of his staff are members of the american arm of the trilateral commission, a giant globalist body whose interests have nothing to do with wanting to help any nation. In fact his cabinet consists of a whose who scumbags lineup all criminals in their own right

Brzienski is his military advisor, read the grand chessboard.

He voted in favour of the patriot act, the act that has been decried by so many, in fact it is so draconian and so far reaching in it's definitions that thousands of non terror related cases have been tried under the patriot act.

He said he would overturn the military commissions act but since he has already re-approved the kidnapping and torture of civilians i wouldn't hold my breath in him repealing this either.

I don't even need to summarise what all this means, it's self explanatory and of course the media is playing the complaint lap dog talking about "oh he is so diferent from Bush, instead of decades in Afghanistan he is talking about several years there". Several years lol that is semantics and indeed a measured slow troop withdrawal was also promised by Bush. He is following the same agenda, the difference is that in Obama the agenda is further down the line. I guess if you put bullshit on the menu enough times people will order it.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:54:54 PM by virtuoso »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
Bush or any Repbulican would never want a Federal program to weatherize your home.  That's in the works with Obama as President, something that Bush-led Congress would never approve of.  And there's plenty of little important things like that shows the difference between the two.  Now this whole fantasy you guys have about eliminating the Federal Reserve, etc....it's just not going to happen anytime soon.  The fact is that Obama didn't campaign on getting rid of it or anything like it. 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 04:40:09 PM »
Bush or any Repbulican would never want a Federal program to weatherize your home.  That's in the works with Obama as President, something that Bush-led Congress would never approve of.  And there's plenty of little important things like that shows the difference between the two.  Now this whole fantasy you guys have about eliminating the Federal Reserve, etc....it's just not going to happen anytime soon.  The fact is that Obama didn't campaign on getting rid of it or anything like it. 

You mean to control the temperature in your home? and if so, you call that a good thing, a government having the power to decide your thermostat. Also the Federal Reserve was only one element, if that was all, well it could be grudgingly accepted but it sure isn't, that's only the tip of the iceberg.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »

You mean to control the temperature in your home? and if so, you call that a good thing, a government having the power to decide your thermostat. Also the Federal Reserve was only one element, if that was all, well it could be grudgingly accepted but it sure isn't, that's only the tip of the iceberg.

You must not live in cold weather. I digress, I think we learned months ago you and I will never be on the same page on topics like these.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »

You must not live in cold weather. I digress, I think we learned months ago you and I will never be on the same page on topics like these.

You don't understand, captain planet and his team of simians are going to decide for you, that's the issue here. In the "interests of saving the earth", captain planet must be prudent, you have to balance your needs with conserving energy.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »

Home Weatherization isn't just controlling the temperature in your home.  The government deciding the power of your thermostat?  Are you kidding me?!  You're overreacting, all we're talking about is a way of saving energy.  Something that should have been done a long ass time ago.  Why should we use energy excessively when there are ways we can reduce it, to help each and every one of us.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »

Home Weatherization isn't just controlling the temperature in your home.  The government deciding the power of your thermostat?  Are you kidding me?!  You're overreacting, all we're talking about is a way of saving energy.  Something that should have been done a long ass time ago.  Why should we use energy excessively when there are ways we can reduce it, to help each and every one of us.

You are talking to someone who voted for Ron Paul, who wasn't even on the ballot... you are talking to someone with a real grip of reality.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 12:05:48 PM »
well virtuoso, i will not lie about the fact that some of the stuff mentioned by you is unknown to me (flatulence tax and whatnot) and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that obama's every single word deserves lavish praise. nevertheless, you said some things that i can't quite agree with

How is it dumb? and again there is this refusal to see a distinction it's not about liking or disliking an individual it's about what they stand for. Me and others have pointed out hundreds of times why nothing is changing, at least not changing for the better anyway but here is a quick run down.
this is slightly contradictive. it could change for the worse and ruin the world and still the point would be that it changed :)

The military is staying put in Iraq, there are some 30 permanent bases in Iraq need I remind you

The troops are being withdrawn from Iraq but in turn are being used to bolster the troop numbers in Afghanistan
how is that not change? iraq is a country still pretty much lying in shambles but its government was no terrorist threat to begin with. obama opposed the war from the start and so on a hypothetical level it is improbable that a obama/biden administration would have set this thing off. now he's taking over from a monumentally idiotic president who fucked up good in the middle east and he has to be pragmatic. a complete withdrawal of all troops would be irresponsible at this point. and gradually shifting the focus to the real hotspot is not such a dumb idea.

Supposing guantanamo bay is closed, Obama has just ordered the continuation of CIA extroadinary renditions aka the kidnapping of civilians who are to be placed in "secret prisons" aka other torture centres.
i read he didn't. either my source was spreading bs or yours. still, the guantanamo shutdown is progress. the equation is not change + no change = no change. it might be change + no change = too little change, yes.

The Federal Reserve is still there and even if it loses some of it's power, it's already been discussed in Davos that a new world central bank needs to be created, further centralising power.
so you expected dude to step up and eliminate the federal reserve system first thing after taking office? c'mon....and what's "it's already been discussed in Davos" has to do with a president who's kept US presidence in that very place at the lowest level possible?

He is fully supportive of carbon tax, which gives them the opportunity to basically tax every facet of your life, more taxes, going into a depression hmmm
you might not like that and i agree it could be abused but the main aim of carbon tax is to protect the environment. environmental protection wasn't exactly high on bush's agenda, and that's who we're comparing obama to right now. and elevated taxes don't automatically create a depression, although there's definitely a very difficult correlation there.

He supported the bank cash give aways in fact he even appeared before congress to give an impassioned speech urging the bail out bill to be passed.
and why didn't the bail-out make it through congress the 1st time? mostly because of conservative republicans (like bush). the reason that bush supported it was that he's been part of a gigantic failure and knew he needed to compensate. the reason it was opposed by people on the left was populism ("don't bail out the billionnaires"), the reason that the right opposed it was to take a step away from bush's policies and, erm, populism ("don't take people's taxes and make big government out of them").

the fact is that, sadly, the bail-out was needed to prevent the economy from going into an unprecedented freefalling spiral. obama is supportive of imposing regulations on banks that have received tax money, he has harshly critisized high wages and he wants to facilitate things for labor unions. that is very unlike bush dude.

..............................i'd get into some more statements you made, but i have a bus to catch right now, so i'll leave you with this for the moment
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:14:56 PM by Kill »