Author Topic: DUBCNN Exclusive: Dawaun Parker Interview (Dr. Dre/Eminem/50 Cent/GodBody)  (Read 1435 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DUBCNN Exclusive: Dawaun Parker Interview (Dr. Dre/Eminem/50 Cent/GodBody)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 08:14:40 AM »
lol :laugh: i only used 'fire' cause i know most people on here really dislike it. personally i think its pretty good - dre flavour bubblegum. i now call on my hater army to commence the hate :laugh:

yeah i guess i hated it that much that i couldn't even read your comment properly  :laugh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
Thanks. Sad thing is, reading this interview and the one from last year is almost identical "right now I'm in the studio with ___, we're finishing up Dre and Em's albums....".

I knew that he was on I Get It In, the piano is simillar to the background one in G.R.I.T.S.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
Thanks. Sad thing is, reading this interview and the one from last year is almost identical "right now I'm in the studio with ___, we're finishing up Dre and Em's albums....".

I knew that he was on I Get It In, the piano is simillar to the background one in G.R.I.T.S.
honestly, i would have been surprised if he had said something else  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:32:21 AM by Dre-Day »

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
Thanks for the interview!!!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Chad Vader

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »

I knew that he was on I Get It In, the piano is similar to the background one in G.R.I.T.S.

G.R.I.T.S. is fuckings tight,so whoever produced it.... got heat.  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Dope interview,great questions...  ;)

about Scott storch not really being in the fold with Dre i don't think that's such a great thing.

well,I like fresh blood. So I rather not see any well known cats that has worked with Dre before on Detox, I like to see some new cats get some shine.
Save that shit for D.O.C "voice trough hot...."

14. Fire (feat. Nicole Scherzinger & Young Buck)
Produced by Dr.Dre
Keyboards by Mark Batson & Dawaun Parker

You picked the worst track Dre has ever done,that shit is on some "Ego Trippin" shit  :-X :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No. That is 100 times worse than Ego Trippin. Ego Trippin had some good beats, you can't deny that.

hate it or love it;
Ego Trippin is underrated

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »

I knew that he was on I Get It In, the piano is similar to the background one in G.R.I.T.S.

Hard I loved that track, surprised it didn't do well at radio. Well no really considering the state of radio... did the official producer ever get confirmed?

Chad Vader

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »

Hard I loved that track, surprised it didn't do well at radio.
Well no really considering the state of radio... did the official producer ever get confirmed?

I never listen to the radio,but that should been a hit. Don't know about producer info,Meho might know  ;)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »
Che Vicous & Dawuan Parker.

Matty

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
a tight track indeed 8)

i think mr parker might have been influenced by 'stevie wonder - yester-me, yester-you' on that one ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »
Getting ready to do the whole web thing...ya know, put it out there and hit the blogs and all that. Start building it from the ground up.
cool, so that means that Dawaun may sign up here?   :laugh: ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
Getting ready to do the whole web thing...ya know, put it out there and hit the blogs and all that. Start building it from the ground up.
cool, so that means that Dawaun may sign up here?   :laugh: ;)

if he's a cool cat why not?  ;)

Chad

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback!  Keep it coming.... 8)
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Nice interview, always love hearing shit from the Aftermath crew.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
Dope interview, props  8)

I completely agree with matty too as in dre working with scott will most likely get whats happening in dres head easier than with dawaun simply because they have a history of putting out heat. Start from scratch anyone?!!?

Storch on the keys is still amazing and truth is they dont work much/at all together no more because storch got too big to simply be a keyboard man for anyone and that included dre. Now when they work together its always a production between the two of them. I do agree though that storch in general seems dried out as a producer these days because his sound has always come off a super producer, whether it was based off dre, to timbaland to even lil jon at one stage but nobody can deny he has major skills on the keys and the melodies that happen in his head can be amazing at ties. Maybe he is inspired by working with cats like dre and timabaland who knows. For those who dont know, storch also did the keys on 'cry me a river' and thats a monster beat.

I wonder how much skill dres current crop of talent has. I think its always natural for it to take time for new ppl to all come together and understand how to work with dre as we've seen  but ima be real, im expecting heat off dre in 50s and eminems album off dre!  8) They've dubbed 09 as the big year for them, they have the big hitters coming out so they must have alot of heat stored away and confidence so its gon be exicting! if not and they fail and we all end up dissapointed we can say fuck his new team but as of now, i have some faith!

pz!