Author Topic: Something You Have To Respect Rick Ross & Young Jeezy for...  (Read 1852 times)

Lunatic

Something You Have To Respect Rick Ross & Young Jeezy for...
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
...They don't release bullshit female friendly singles in order to blow up. Look at guys like T.I., Wayne, 50, Etc - they all do it. Ross & Jeezy keep it straight street shit and still sell. There 2 examples of how to keep the music gangsta/radio friendly without selling out and doing a "Lolipop" or "Candy Shop."

I know they both get hated on but I like both of them. Ross has sick tracks like Push It, Hustlin, Cross that Line, Mafia Music, This Is the Life, Maybach Music, Luxury Tax and his best track "Prayer."

Jeezy got a bunch of dope songs 2.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Something You Have To Respect Rick Ross & Young Jeezy for...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
but overall, there just weak rappers imo.

i liked Jeezy's first album & his stuff on "Boyz In Da Hood", but his style got old real quick & just sounds boring.

the best part of his last major single "Put On" was Kanye & then Jay-Z's remix.

Ross, i cant stand listening too. he just isnt good, imo. he gets some hot beats, but fails to make a banger.

but i guess i do respect that they dont make bitch tracks for album sales.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »

i liked Jeezy's first album & his stuff on "Boyz In Da Hood", but his style got old real quick & just sounds boring.

Ross, i cant stand listening too. he just isnt good, imo. he gets some hot beats, but fails to make a banger.

i respect that.

Jeezy first album is a southern classic imo. Second album was WEAK. Third had a dope, consistent and cohesive sound imo; i liked that. he'll never touch the first album though. I hated the Boyz N Da Hood album lol.

Ross, u dont like Hustlin or Push It?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »

i respect that.

Jeezy first album is a southern classic imo. Second album was WEAK. Third had a dope, consistent and cohesive sound imo; i liked that. he'll never touch the first album though. I hated the Boyz N Da Hood album lol.

Hustlin was alright as a single. i mean, im just not very big on his flow & delivery.

Hustlin was catchy though & worked for him. i bumped it for a little.

Push it was cool. i liked the feel & vibe of the track. but overall nothing more than average imo.

Ross is about to catch some heat from 50 i think, so id like to see where Ross goes after 50 is done with him.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 12:17:08 PM »

i respect that.

Hustlin was alright as a single. i mean, im just not very big on his flow & delivery.

Hustlin was catchy though & worked for him. i bumped it for a little.

Push it was cool. i liked the feel & vibe of the track. but overall nothing more than average imo.

Ross is about to catch some heat from 50 i think, so id like to see where Ross goes after 50 is done with him.
Hustlin was a dope single imo. I at least like what it represented. Rap could still sell (as that track did) without being poppy, corny, female-only singles. the sample on "push it" was sick, loved that track. Ross came correct with his raps as well.

I don't think 50 has as much pull as people think he does. "Mafia Music" is a good warm-up record for the streets, smart decision on Ross' part. "Magnificent" I am pretty sure will do well as a single, similar success to what "this is the life" and "here i am" did for him on the last album.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »
they are just niche rappers though...they dont make that shit cause A. they cant pull it off B. even if they did it wouldnt help their cause. they cater to the core audience they have and dont stray cause they have too to stay in the game, not by choice. they dont have the range to expand.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 01:18:04 PM »
He didn't exactly blow up. he's a gold artist. if he did those song then he would actually blow up and sell like those who did. Females are a bigger portion of music consumption. if he did he wold sell more record like them, which he is in to do. So that's not a good thing to keep it "street" only. Wanna keep it strictly street stay out there. Wanna sell record attract as many fans as you can to make you sell, especially females. They don't wanna hear an album full of fake mafia stuff.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:19:46 PM by PresidentUP »

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »
I was actually bumpin' "Luxury Tax" earlier, that shit is dope

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »
Jeezy is in the top 30 best rappers ever... i dont care wat none of ya'll say... dude has more swagger and sick punch lines than most of tha East Coast rappers to ever come out (none the less Westside niggaz too).  Ro$$, thats my nigga, even if he was a C.O., CO's always been gettin' that drug money- ask them niggaz up Central or Hagerstown.  but as far as his skills go, dude is sick too- he's like the Southern version of Biggie, and he's done a nice job putting himself in his own spotlight (instead of relying on other rappers). 

But wats wrong wit' niggaz makin trax 4 da bitches... ya'll niggaz must not be gettin' no azz.  fuck it if a nigga sound soft, if the youngin(s) i'm wit' at the time vibin' to it, then I'm all good.  Radio & TV is 4 promo, not showcasin' skills... get wit' da new shit.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
He didn't exactly blow up. he's a gold artist. if he did those song then he would actually blow up and sell like those who did. Females are a bigger portion of music consumption. if he did he wold sell more record like them, which he is in to do. So that's not a good thing to keep it "street" only. Wanna keep it strictly street stay out there. Wanna sell record attract as many fans as you can to make you sell, especially females. They don't wanna hear an album full of fake mafia stuff.

Preach. You're comparing a gold artist to artists with multiple platinum albums. Biggie and Pac mad tracks for chicks, and you can't even put "Candy Shop" in the same category as "Lollipop" or "Whatever You Like", 50 raps, them other cats is singing

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
Jeezy is in the top 30 best rappers ever

thats where i stopped reading lol.

usually i would say "well, your entitled to your own opinon", but i think in this case your not & should re-read what you said 10 times & let it soak in. ;)

Al Bundy

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 05:53:42 PM »
jeezy top 30? radiotube never ceases to amaze me with his weird ass opinions. no hate but fuck that shit. i could name 70+ rappers that are better and I like some of jeezys shit.

Hey Ma

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
I don't have to respect them for that. Their quality of music is still ass for the most part. Jeezy has a couple cool features on songs with good rappers but officer rawwsss, nah.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
Jeezy has gone platinum twice and gold once. I would say he blew up. He's been one of the most consistently selling artists of the last 5 years. Ross first album went platinum, second gold. I would say that's pretty well as well.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
But wats wrong wit' niggaz makin trax 4 da bitches... ya'll niggaz must not be gettin' no azz.  fuck it if a nigga sound soft, if the youngin(s) i'm wit' at the time vibin' to it, then I'm all good.  Radio & TV is 4 promo, not showcasin' skills... get wit' da new shit.

There's nothing wrong with it, lol at talkin' 'bout how much pussy I get over the internet ::)  I ain't got a problem with "girl" tracks, but its the shit that "Lollipop" and "Whatever You Like" that I got a problem with - there not made to be girl appreciation tracks, there made because the artists know the cheesy tracks like that guarantee a plaque. I respect Ross/Jeezy for not doin that.