Author Topic: Asher Roth  (Read 489 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Asher Roth
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 01:59:58 PM »
Roth... not my flava.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »
i bet asher wont sell out like eminem.

he came into the game "sold out". :P

what?

you called Em a sell out, meaning he is all poppish & not his old angry self, well Asher is already all poppish you can say, so he already sold out. :P

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mH2qlwTpH1M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/mH2qlwTpH1M</a>

"That Eminem comparison is barely accurate/My rapping is as passionate, but lacks the psychopath of it". - Asher Roth

Make the comparisons if you want, i think its pretty riduculous that just cuz he's white you compare him to another white rapper.

are you partially deaf? play the clip you posted yourself! now close your eyes & tell me it couldnt almost basically be mistaken for Eminem.

ask a person who doesnt know Asher Roth & even a few who do & your garenteed to get the answer "Eminem" to the question "who is that?"

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »

what?

you called Em a sell out, meaning he is all poppish & not his old angry self, well Asher is already all poppish you can say, so he already sold out. :P

Asher didn't start out angry tho, he's always made that poppish sounding type of music so he hasnt sold out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »

what?

Asher didn't start out angry tho, he's always made that poppish sounding type of music so he hasnt sold out.

lol, forget it.

it was a joke that was obviously bad and no one understood. :D :P

the point is that Asher will never put out music like we heard from Eminem, but he is trying to use the voice for fans & thats almost a fact.

i mean is it just a coincidence that the next (maybe big) white mainstream artist sounds almost exactly like the greatest white artist of all time?

clearly jacked it. :P

Jaydc555

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
I wouldn't say he jacked.someone can't help how they sound.however it isn't a coincidence he was signed because he sounds like eminem.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »
I wouldn't say he jacked.someone can't help how they sound.however it isn't a coincidence he was signed because he sounds like eminem.

i wish i could have heard him talk when he was like 14-15 & you would hear a COMPLETLY different voice.

there have been inpersonates throughout history, this is no different, imo.

my argument is that the voice you hear on record isnt his natural voice, but one he puts on for an Eminem-like effect.

everlast1986

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »
Yeah but I don't think hes trying to be this lyrical monster like Eminem. Hes more of a novelty rapper with the college subject for example. Thats why alot of people could relate to him. Thats where his originality comes in.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »

what?

lol, forget it.

the point is that Asher will never put out music like we heard from Eminem, but he is trying to use the voice for fans & thats almost a fact.

i mean is it just a coincidence that the next (maybe big) white mainstream artist sounds almost exactly like the greatest white artist of all time?

dont be mad. I dont think the reason he's signed is because he sounds liek eminem. I think hes signed because he's white and has dope rhymes. Him sounding like eminem is just a bonus. I highly doubt he is making his voice try sound the em's, and youre a tool if you think so.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 02:41:07 PM »

i wish i could have heard him talk when he was like 14-15 & you would hear a COMPLETLY different voice.

my argument is that the voice you hear on record isnt his natural voice, but one he puts on for an Eminem-like effect.

LOL when he was 14-15 he prolly just hit puberty so of course his voice would be different. Cham i think youve lost it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
Yeah but I don't think hes trying to be this lyrical monster like Eminem. Hes more of a novelty rapper with the college subject for example. Thats why alot of people could relate to him. Thats where his originality comes in.

ohh do doubt, i actually enjoy his music, he can relate to me lol.

he can spit, i just dont like the whole Em-jacking voice thing.

what?

lol, forget it.

dont be mad. I dont think the reason he's signed is because he sounds liek eminem. I think hes signed because he's white and has dope rhymes. Him sounding like eminem is just a bonus. I highly doubt he is making his voice try sound the em's, and youre a tool if you think so.

yeah, im pissed. ::)

your right, he can spit dope rhymes; i bump his shit.

but i guess i will always be a tool though then. ;) ::) 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »

LOL when he was 14-15 he prolly just hit puberty so of course his voice would be different. Cham i think youve lost it.

ok, 16-17 or anytime before he started rappin; LMAO, actually right now, in a normal conversation, i think he would sound different. not public or with cameras though (otherwise he would have to live up to his image :P).

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »

It has nothing to do with the fact he is white, there are lots of dope white rappers, it's because he looks and sounds like eminem. I can't believe you were even trying to suggest that he only sounds a bit like him lol. His voice and cadence is very very similar, uncannily so in fact that is the reason why he has been pushed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 05:00:27 PM »

It has nothing to do with the fact he is white, there are lots of dope white rappers, it's because he looks and sounds like eminem. I can't believe you were even trying to suggest that he only sounds a bit like him lol. His voice and cadence is very very similar, uncannily so in fact that is the reason why he has been pushed.

preach! 8)

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »

he sounds like em when he sings, thats about it. Their style is totally different.

snoop

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »
I played a couple of his songs for my girl, and she was convinced it was Eminem rapping. I don't think they sound totally alike, but he does kinda remind me of Eminem when he first came out.

Regardless of who he sounds like, I think he has skills and is gonna be pretty big. He looks like your average white person, and that might be a big selling point for him.

I think his album comes out on 4/20.