Author Topic: WHOA!! Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!  (Read 564 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This is great news for the Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!

FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts (Ticker)—The New England Patriots on Saturday traded quarterback Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs.

It was the second trade in as many days between the clubs, which turned into a package deal of Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel for Kansas City’s second-round pick (No. 34) this year.

New Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, the former Patriots’ personnel director, engineered the deals with New England in an attempt to turn around a downtrodden team that finished a franchise-worst 2-14 last season.

“I have a long history with both players,” Pioli said. “Mike and Matt are men that I respect both personally and professionally. I look forward to having them as new members of the Chiefs family.”

Cassel was designated as the Patriots’ franchise player earlier this month, guaranteeing him a $14.65 million for next season.

After stepping in for incumbent starter Tom Brady, who was lost for the year with a knee injury in the season opener, Cassel turned in an outstanding season for the Patriots.

In his first season as a starter since high school, Cassel completed over 63 percent of his passes for 3,693 yards, 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions after taking over for Brady.

Cassel played superbly down the stretch, throwing eight TDs and just one interception as New England won its final four games to finish with an 11-5 record.

“It is very easy to root for guys like Matt Cassel, who do everything the right way and flourish as a result,” Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said. “As much as we would have loved to continue working with Matt, we wish him nothing but the best as he takes this next step forward in his career.”

Quarterback was a major trouble spot for the Chiefs, who started three quarterbacks during a franchise-worst 2-14 campaign.

Tyler Thigpen got the bulk of the starts in the second half and played decently, but the Chiefs lost six of their last 10 games by seven points or fewer.

On Friday, the teams announced that Vrabel had been dealt to the Chiefs for an undisclosed draft choice.

Vrabel, 33, had four sacks last season, his eighth with the Patriots and 12th overall. He had a career-high 12 1/2 sacks in 2007.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Go Chiefs!

Also, Go Bills, Jets, and Phins!

Go losing record for Pats!

Go Pats if Brady gets injured again.

Chiefs are going to the playoffs next season. Guarantee it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Go Chiefs!

I hope your right

OchoCinco

Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!

linebacker? i think that mike vrabel is more than just a ordinary linebacker

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

this is a steal for the Chiefs. I think my Raiders havent realized that free agency has started lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
this is a steal for the Chiefs. I think my Raiders havent realized that free agency has started lol

Now all they need is Ray Lewis.

My dream situation for next year is Ray goes to the Jets who also pick up Garcia and win the East, then play the Chiefs in the Division Finals, while New England goes 7-9 with Tom Terrific.

Now all they need is Ray Lewis.

My dream situation for next year is Ray goes to the Jets who also pick up Garcia and win the East, then play the Chiefs in the Division Finals, while New England goes 7-9 with Tom Terrific.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Broncos pick up Lewis. I think they still have a good amount of cap space after ALL of their signings.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!

linebacker? i think that mike vrabel is more than just a ordinary linebacker

school me then... because I honestly don't know much about him.  All I know is that Kansas City's linebacking core was awful last year, and that if we picked up a starter from New England that's a huge upgrade to the weakest position on our team.

Also, the Chiefs aren't done yet.  I think they are some 40 million under the cap.  They basically hired the black man (Herm Edwards) to run the team into the ground, get low draft picks, rebiuld and make cap space; so that the white men (Piloli and Haley) could come in and turn this team into an AFC powerhouse much like the Patriots.   

So, I'm looking for them to go after the free agent linebacker of the Buccaneers, or maybe a second wide receiver like Hushmenzadah to compliment Dwayne Bowe, and then with their #3 pick in the draft they will pick up the top linemen in the draft to protect Cassel.

If all that takes place we will definitely be in the playoffs next year.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Its an early second rounder albeit. I still don't think it is a good deal for Cassel.  Vrabel is old now and I'm not too worried about that part of it. I am worried about the insurace if Brady gets hurt again.

Its an early second rounder albeit. I still don't think it is a good deal for Cassel.  Vrabel is old now and I'm not too worried about that part of it. I am worried about the insurace if Brady gets hurt again.

I dont get this deal at all for the Patriots. Not too long ago they were saying it would be expensive for anyone to get Cassel. Im talkin expensive as in an early first round pick, and no less then a 3rd round pick as well.  then they let him go for JUST the 34th pick in the draft?

OchoCinco

I dont get this deal at all for the Patriots. Not too long ago they were saying it would be expensive for anyone to get Cassel. Im talkin expensive as in an early first round pick, and no less then a 3rd round pick as well.  then they let him go for JUST the 34th pick in the draft?

im guess therre doin this for a money aspect and there goin to try and get a big guy into new england

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
I have a gut feeling that they may be clearing cap space and there wheeling and dealing aren't over. Julius Peppers is on the market I believe.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Chiefs '09? ;D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Julius Peppers is on the market I believe.
dont think so

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Go Chiefs!

They should have a losing record this season.  They don't face the AFC & NFC worst this year.  THey face the AFC & NFC South.  And ask the Packers about those 2 divisions.  Favre or no Favre they wouldn't have went 13-3 in 2008 anyway.  Wasn't Thigpen good enuff?  Coulda built the team around him.  Don't make trades with the enemy, keep them down.  Although if I knew that they were willing to take a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st, I wish the Vikings woulda made the trade >:(