Author Topic: WHOA!! Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!  (Read 568 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Chiefs are going to the playoffs next season. Guarantee it.
Nah. They still need a year to mesh and make it work. They'll probably go 7-9.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!

linebacker? i think that mike vrabel is more than just a ordinary linebacker

school me then... because I honestly don't know much about him.  All I know is that Kansas City's linebacking core was awful last year, and that if we picked up a starter from New England that's a huge upgrade to the weakest position on our team.

Also, the Chiefs aren't done yet.  I think they are some 40 million under the cap.  They basically hired the black man (Herm Edwards) to run the team into the ground, get low draft picks, rebiuld and make cap space; so that the white men (Piloli and Haley) could come in and turn this team into an AFC powerhouse much like the Patriots.   

So, I'm looking for them to go after the free agent linebacker of the Buccaneers, or maybe a second wide receiver like Hushmenzadah to compliment Dwayne Bowe, and then with their #3 pick in the draft they will pick up the top linemen in the draft to protect Cassel.

If all that takes place we will definitely be in the playoffs next year.

The black man took them to the playoffs not that long ago.

If Miami can go 11-5 after going 1-15 in the AFC East then KC can go 9-7 next year and that can be enough for playoff spot in that shitty division. If they were in any other division I'd say no.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Julius Peppers is on the market I believe.
dont think so
The phrase I believe was insinuating that I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for playing.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Chiefs '09? ;D

Who knows, anything is possible with Scott Piloli (GM brought in from Patriots) and Haley (former Arizona offensive coordinator) running things.  But I think they still have a long way to go before they will be on the same level with the top tier AFC teams, like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, Colts.  I do think they can reach the second tier of AFC teams; which is the Dolphins, Chargers, Jets, etc.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:14:54 AM by Infinite African AND American West Coastin »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Go Chiefs!

Also, Go Bills, Jets, and Phins!

Go losing record for Pats!

Go Pats if Brady gets injured again.

They should have a losing record this season.  They don't face the AFC & NFC worst this year.  THey face the AFC & NFC South.  And ask the Packers about those 2 divisions.  Favre or no Favre they wouldn't have went 13-3 in 2008 anyway.  Wasn't Thigpen good enuff?  Coulda built the team around him.  Don't make trades with the enemy, keep them down.  Although if I knew that they were willing to take a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st, I wish the Vikings woulda made the trade >:(

Good point about the Chiefs having a tough schedule.  Yeah, I agree, If I had to guess I'd say the Chiefs will probably end at around 7-9; which is still a great improvement from 2-14.

Also, about the Vikings, they are my second favorite team; everyone in KC was really sad to lose Jared Allen; so the city roots for him to do well in Minnesota.  I heard the Vikings picked up a solid QB from the Texans, I think he will end up being a starter for them and have success against 8 man fronts defenses set up to stop Peterson.  Vikings may go to the Superbowl this year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Agreed.  Chiefs will probably go 7-9, but I'd be happy with that after having to put up with Herm Edwards the last few years.  He straight up told the Chiefs fans in a press conference that they had been spoiled with winning, and that they needed to learn to get used to losing... lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!

No, what Herm Edwards did was, he took Dick Vermiel's team to the playoffs with a 9-7 record.  The year before he took over they were 10-6 and they were the #1 ranked offense in football; the last two years they were the worst offense in football.  But even more pathetic than that; is that Herm Edwards was supposed to be some defensive guru, and Dick Vermiel was critisized for neglecting the defense.  The Chiefs defense was around #18 in the league in defense when Vermiel left, and Herm had the team for 3 years and guess where they're defense ranked at the end of last year???? Dead last in the league---  #32!!

So you can't defend Herm Edwards.  But you love to play devil's advocate so I'm not surprised you did.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

No, what Herm Edwards did was, he took Dick Vermiel's team to the playoffs with a 9-7 record.  The year before he took over they were 10-6 and they were the #1 ranked offense in football; the last two years they were the worst offense in football.  But even more pathetic than that; is that Herm Edwards was supposed to be some defensive guru, and Dick Vermiel was critisized for neglecting the defense.  The Chiefs defense was around #18 in the league in defense when Vermiel left, and Herm had the team for 3 years and guess where they're defense ranked at the end of last year???? Dead last in the league---  #32!!

So you can't defend Herm Edwards.  But you love to play devil's advocate so I'm not surprised you did.

I'm not defending Edwards, I'm defending the idea that he was set up to be failure so a white guy can come in and save the day. What the hell are we arguing about?

Anyway, they can still win the division next year. Yeah they have a tough schedule with the South teams they have to play but Denver and SD have to play those teams too. SD is on the way down, but Denver with their recent additions can either be very good or a flop next year.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
this is a steal for the Chiefs. I think my Raiders havent realized that free agency has started lol
be thankful they don't

Raiders suck at free agency. Usually they get the wrong personal for the system...or someone who doesn't ever pan out.

Oh and Cassel doesn't have 4 years to learn the spread offense. He's going to bust. Gurantee. Cheifs were better off with Tyler Thigpen.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:03:02 AM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Oh and Cassel doesn't have 4 years to learn the spread offense. He's going to bust. Gurantee. Cheifs were better off with Tyler Thigpen.

A lot of that depends on whether Haley figures out how to use Cassel's arms and legs and base the offense around that. If he wants to run an Arizona offense he better just quit right now. Fitz and Bolden aren't in KC. Cassel can throw every throw and he can run like a Tight End.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Julius Peppers is on the market I believe.
dont think so
The phrase I believe was insinuating that I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for playing.

yeah i think Carolina Franchised him.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

this is a steal for the Chiefs. I think my Raiders havent realized that free agency has started lol
be thankful they don't

Raiders suck at free agency. Usually they get the wrong personal for the system...or someone who doesn't ever pan out.

well apparently theyve been looking for O-linemen. So thats cool, that is definetely a need for us. O-line and receivers.  I guess theyre shopping Michael Bush too. Too bad, cus I really like him as a back...maybe even more then Fargas. But Fargas would be tough to trade cus of his contract, and McFadden is obviously the future.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The Chiefs aren't going to run the spread offense anymore.  The spread offense was set up last year in midseason by Chan Gailey to make Tyler Thigpen more comfortable, because it's the offense he ran in college.  The offense improved, but they still only won one game.  With Todd Haley and Matt Cassel running the offense now there is no reason why they would still run the same offense from last year.

theres more to this story too. Apparently the Bucs offered the #12 pick in the draft to the Patriots, that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos, and Cutler to the Bucs. It obviously didnt happen, but Cutler is supposedly upset now that he was even being shopped after the year he had last year.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Yea and people are also saying Belicheck gave Pioli a break. If we could have got a # 12 pick I am gonna be pissed.