Author Topic: WHOA!! Chiefs just got Matt Cassel and linebacker for just second round pick!  (Read 565 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Yea and people are also saying Belicheck gave Pioli a break. If we could have got a # 12 pick I am gonna be pissed.

Cassel would be more dangerous to the Pats in Denver with McDaniel. Denver is a couple defensive players away from a great team. They should make the playoffs anyway next year, but if they make the playoffs with McDaniels and Cassel then Bill has to go up against an offense that knows how to play the Pat defense. I called KC to make the playoffs this year but no way are they winning one game. Denver can win a couple.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
This trade was done because a new coach and GM wanted to bring in their QB to be the guy, and Pioli knows a lot about Cassel. It's only a 2nd round choice, but I still don't like the deal for the Chiefs. Thigpen has a very similar skill set to Cassel, maybe a little smaller frame, but a little more athletic. They both had success in the shotgun last year and have limited arm strength. So why would the Chiefs bring someone in who represents what they already have? They either should have stuck with Thigpen or drafted Stafford if he dropped to them or Sanchez. They need help on defense, especially since they will be switching to the 3-4. Vrabel gives them an experienced defensive leader, so that could help. I don't see them making the playoffs next year, but their division is pretty weak.
I got a bird's eye view