Author Topic: ***The Ultimate French Rap Topic***  (Read 680 times)

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: ***The Ultimate French Rap Topic***
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »
to tell you the truth i dont really like booba and rhoff. booba it's like a 50 cent in france.

agree with supafla 'l'ecole du micro d'argent' is one of the best french hip hop album of all time.

i prefere though what ministere amer did back in 94 with their album called 95200.

sure.

U can easily say that Minister Ämer (from collective Secteur Ä), the whole collective Mafia K'1 Fry ('African Mafia', Rohff, 113, Kery James, Intouchables, ect, ect) were mostly influenced by U.S West Coast gangsta rap, which is recognizable in this opus^^.

Whereas another part of french rap were ont the other hand most influenced by U.S. East Coast type of music, listen to "L'Ecole Du Micro D'argent" by IAM, & all of the solos that followed by members of that collective.

There was likely a competition which sometimes turned relatively in beefing between the North & the South ---> Paris & its area (from where Mafia K'1 Fry, Lunatic, Secteur Ä, Doc Gyneco, etc,)  & Marseille (IAM, Fonky Family, & now Psy 4, etc).
Makes me remember of a true story from Sat (member of Fonky Family) who turned it into a song on one of his album: he was in USA, chilling in streets (don't remember the town though) & making shopping, & he like was assaulted by FBI. Police just mistook him with a latino gangmember that was subject of a warrant or something like that.

& Don't forget about Dadoo (from KDD (?) don't remember the group, lol) who got a nice style & really can spit ish.

Some of new french raps that I got in mp3 file on my hard drive (too lazy to rip ones from albums, maybe next time):
Histoire D___crire-baabwaan_ l_indis.mp3 - 6.53MB
J_suis Ds La Zik-mastock.mp3 - 4.70MB
Loyaut__-eden_ futur proch.mp3 - 4.79MB
Ni 1 Voyou_Ni 1 St-moussa.mp3 - 4.35MB
Nos Raps-neophaze_weeta.mp3 - 4.76MB
R__glement2Compte-f lekip.mp3 - 4.27MB
Profane Po__tique-navea.mp3 - 5.27MB

some underground french rappers though^^

David Gutterman

Re: ***The Ultimate French Rap Topic***
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:48 AM »
Banlieue 13 Ultimatum - Original Soundtrack (OST) [2009]