Author Topic: Jay Electronica - Exhibit A: Transformations (Remix) (Featuring Mos Def & T.I.)  (Read 2071 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Any news about Mr.Electronica?

His production is sick as well.  Loved Queens Get The Money.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I got to bring this thread back up.  Jay Electronica is the truth and I've been sleeping on him.  I think he might be the hottest to spit in a long time.  He's like Canibus mixed with Nas, Lupe, and Crooked-I.  He's got flow, lyrics, and can craft quality songs.  He's creative, intelligent, and unique.  I'm telling you DO NOT SLEEP on this man.  

Listen to the following track
http://sharebee.com/ab2d5ea8

Act 1 Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)
She said she never fell in love with a Superman, Christian, Muslim, Protestant, Lutheran.
I told her that being a mortal is the portal to the true nature of Christ like Bookah man.
That's why I never spit the traditional garbage of a knife fight, bright lights, white ice to the fans.
The radio is hysteria like a house in a home of chairs when the chair asks Luther Van
Go to work, go to church, let your dreams die; bow-tie, final call, and the bean pie.  
Ya'll looking for Hanukkah, wishing Christmas.  This is the jest of the life that we lead, why?
So you could fit in with the close minded and sit ins or get closed line in the end.  
I can care less about a plaque and fitting in or get punked on tv by my fit ins.
Don't get a nigga wrong.  I'm tempted by the rewards that all come along with making songs.
What does it mean if I'm a Muslim and you're a Jew and because of that alone we don't get along?
And, when you talk like this and try to walk like this but radio stations never put a nigga on.
Just Mims, just Wayne, just 50, just Jeezy, just Franchise Boyz and Jimmy Jones.
Fuck that, fuck rap, this God Hop, Kingdom music for the hard rocks.
I'm a spit it until TRL get it in and Hot 97 hit a nigga with a bomb drop.
Ask Flex, ask Slay, ask Whoo Kid. Just Blaze said Jay is the new kid,
I took Eternal Sunshine and I looped it. No drums, no hooks, just new shit.  
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The handling of a heart is a very delicate art because it's paper thin.
When the only relevant thought that started of as a spark, could be a poisonous dart
that leaves a permanent mark that's ice cold in the day, burns in the dark
that makes you never want to see her face again.
Tee-hee! What a place I'm in.  Lead me to the stage I'm in.
A one way ticket, don't look back.  One cold tear, that frozen crack.
A whole lot of pain I'm holding back.
Shaft said "F that, olden sack"
I said, "F, my skull was crack" and blood ran out that cul-de-sac
My memories flash me there and back. Yep! There goes me, right there in black.
Holding hands, not staring back.  
She starts crying, I start denying.  It's my fault and I'm aware of that.
In hindsight signs be glaring back.  Where's the map that show you where you at?
I can hear the crowd yelling, I can smell the tide smoke, I can hear the start of the pistol, where's the track?
Grim! No answer, came home late.  Jane told Dick she had a date.
But, Dave's just chilling when at that moment the right brain says to the left, "Just kill him.
Make the headlines, make the front page. Wild out in the courthouse, man, thrill them."
They'll say the boy is dead wrong but I feel him.

Voodoo Man, chicken bone, chicken bone, I can make a thunderstorm from a light rain
My ears start ringing, my nose gets bloody.  I feel a little bit of pressure on my right brain.
Intermission transmission puts me in submission.  Listening trapped in a light prism, whistling.
Christ told me to come closer to the light, I went blind and woke up next to a mic stand.

Voodoo Man, tapped dancing in the French Quarter, walking on water with a scroll in my hand.
The blueprints for a disc shaped like vessel that was chiseled out of metal out of the coast of Japan.
Fasted on the top of a mountain, I went to post land. I saw a shiny object floating out in the ocean.  
I'm sort of a post man, you can get the message if you want to understand from the Red Sea, man.

Voodoo Man, civilize the savage.  Criticize the parish, friends and foes doctrine.
Terrorize the cleric for carrying on nonsense, specialized lies that paralyze the conscience.
Voodoo Man, chick cheddar abracadabra. Spitting out matter while I'm shitting out data.
Hum, chew them up and shit out rappers.  Sip a pella green while I'm giving out matches.
Set yourself on fire.  Let the wisdom of Elijah purify you, take a nigga higher.
Sold your soul to the highest buyer, now you on the wire talking about two foot tires.
Saying you sell crack, flapping at cats with macs but you a liar, pants on fire.
Same old rugged, cross different crucified messiah.

While you was blowing X amount of dollars on a bracelet,
the sovereign nation of France was opening their files on UFO phenomenal - i.e spaceships.
This just the facts, jack, might as well face it.
Every rhyme I write will still get cracked in the chapter of revelations;
an atom get cracked in the blackness of meditation.
Mysterious shit, call me Jay dough don, I'm on some serious shit.
Scholars wonder why don't he bust
Allah blessed me with a Midas touch.
Everything I touch turn to Ethopian gold - shiny and bluff.
I got a firm understanding on the minus and plus.
So I ain't got time to argue with a rapper about how he ain't got rhymes that's fucking with mines.
I'm trying to kill Lucifer so if I have to break cause a rapper in my face telling me that he the great
You can bet a shiny nickel I blast his mutherufckin' ass way past Jupiter.
You couldn't be stupider fucking with the nuclear Mayan, Aztec lion,
Asiatic black man from Zion.  Catch a quad supreme letting off steam; Dimethyltriptamine make a man dream
Buy ya'll would much rather hear me rapping about trash - the size of Erikyah's ass, blunts and cash.
We need saving.  Minds are consumed with swine.  We need daily.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:45:42 AM by Action! »
- Banks

Lunatic

lol at this remix STILL not being out
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

Jay is a beast no doubt but he doesn't even seem all that pro active about his career

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
"Exhibit C" coming soon. Shit is magic.

Al Bundy

"Exhibit C" coming soon. Shit is magic.

can you hook up the full exhibit A remix?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Someone should just make this the og jay electronica thread because the kid the is the truth. 

Dear Moleskin snippet

i'm a just say it, i'm a stan of jay electronica.  I'm anticpating his music more than any artist in a minute.  He's got me feeling like when I expected saigon to drop greatest story never told and blow up.
- Banks

Jaydc555

No doubt its the truth.What's pathetic is a video of gucci mane hitting a women gets more hits then one of his songs.hip hop fans are pathetic

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't care too much about what others are peeping.  I like a lot of shit people would disown my tastes for but I also recognize greatness and I'm damn convinced Electronica is it ....

but I also and still think Saigon was/is greatness but it looks like he ain't going nowhere with this rap shit.  I also thought Papoose would deliver a hip-hop classic with Narcimea Dream but he fucked up by giving up his artistry to label politricks.  Since then he ain't have the same footing.

At least Electronica ain't running his mouth off like the other two have in the past.
- Banks

Jaydc555

Nor do I but its just a reflection of hip hop.I love saigon as well all in a days work is still in rotation for Me.

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay Electronica is the truth. This track is off a top secret project. This is gonna be epic.

Lunatic

Is this song going to drop? lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Is this song going to drop? lol
I'll see if I can do something about that...

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nor do I but its just a reflection of hip hop.I love saigon as well all in a days work is still in rotation for Me.

No, I know.  I bump it too but he was talking about dropping another tape by now and that has yet to happen.  He just disappears.  He doesn't seem to be able to build a consistent hype for himself to release an "official" album.

All the mc's i want an "official" album have yet to release anything

jay electronica
saigon
papoose (m.i.a)
bishop lamont (i'm told this is coming legitimately)
bobby creekwater (supposed to leak it himself)
joell ortiz (will be coming)
stat quo (supposed to leak it himself)
crooked-i (who the fuck knows?)

Granted all of them have release free original material and the such so I ain't complaining.  I just expect that when and if they ever release and official album it'll be those classics that people been dying to hear.
- Banks

Jaydc555

That's my exact list of emcees I want to see albums from as well except with the addition of sly boogy.Its sad that plies can release 3 Albums in two years and none of those artists can get something on the shelf.I'm hoping all those artists release albums in the next two years.When pap did that verse on bustas touch it remix I thought it was a wrap and he was coming out.Next time I saw him he's in some cheesey r and b video a la Royce da 5'9 in that willa ford track.