Author Topic: Lexapro (Anti-depressant)  (Read 349 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Lexapro (Anti-depressant)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
Listen... u dont need anti- depressants.. honestly all u need is a positive mindstate.. go ahead and discover new hobbies, meet new people, take on new friends, travel, work out, etc.. U dont need these, they will ruin ur life.. You will find in time that u will need them to feel any sort of euphoria.. stop it before its too late.. Just be strong and good luck.
- the girl who loves X   :laugh:

Well, I have been on different pills for about three years. I have a few social issues and a few issues with depression, I am a pretty functional member of society. I just don't show my discomfort around people, and when I get really down the pills help me out. The Lexapro don't do shit, and Adderall and some off brand pain killer called Tramadol have became my pills of choice because Oxycodone's make me nauseated. I do positive things, but it's pretty hard to keep a positive mind state when everything else around you is rather shit. Thanks for the advice though, and people often describe the feeling of Lexapro like that of X. Lol. I've never tried really of the harder stuff like Coke, X, Dope, LSD, or Meth. What's X like?

Try it.. I feel like everyone needs to try x at least once.. It feels like pure heaven.. Coke? I tried it once and I hated it but go figure some like it.. LSD never tried.. Meth is pure SHIT... dont even get into that one.. Im speaking of x like its healthy.. its not at all lol but it is beautiful. :-\

Haha. I might score some soon then. Also Bundy, I believe bi-polar runs in my family. If you actually believe in it, some people think it's a crock of shit. My mom has it and my grandfather has it. It's apparently a genetically inherited trait.

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Listen... u dont need anti- depressants.. honestly all u need is a positive mindstate.. go ahead and discover new hobbies, meet new people, take on new friends, travel, work out, etc.. U dont need these, they will ruin ur life.. You will find in time that u will need them to feel any sort of euphoria.. stop it before its too late.. Just be strong and good luck.

Well, I have been on different pills for about three years. I have a few social issues and a few issues with depression, I am a pretty functional member of society. I just don't show my discomfort around people, and when I get really down the pills help me out. The Lexapro don't do shit, and Adderall and some off brand pain killer called Tramadol have became my pills of choice because Oxycodone's make me nauseated. I do positive things, but it's pretty hard to keep a positive mind state when everything else around you is rather shit. Thanks for the advice though, and people often describe the feeling of Lexapro like that of X. Lol. I've never tried really of the harder stuff like Coke, X, Dope, LSD, or Meth. What's X like?

Try it.. I feel like everyone needs to try x at least once.. It feels like pure heaven.. Coke? I tried it once and I hated it but go figure some like it.. LSD never tried.. Meth is pure SHIT... dont even get into that one.. Im speaking of x like its healthy.. its not at all lol but it is beautiful. :-\

Haha. I might score some soon then. Also Bundy, I believe bi-polar runs in my family. If you actually believe in it, some people think it's a crock of shit. My mom has it and my grandfather has it. It's apparently a genetically inherited trait.

I don't think it's a crock of shit. Bipolarism affects more people then you might know.

Btw, why are you buying pills off the street for your condition? Hit up your doctor and get mad pills for cheap. Before I had my insurance, I used to make all of my prescriptions generic and said I had a AAA card. Would cop my pills for the same price as my insurance co-pay now ($10)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »

I don't think it's a crock of shit. Bipolarism affects more people then you might know.

Btw, why are you buying pills off the street for your condition? Hit up your doctor and get mad pills for cheap. Before I had my insurance, I used to make all of my prescriptions generic and said I had a AAA card. Would cop my pills for the same price as my insurance co-pay now ($10)

My family believes I am alright, because I don't tell them any of this shit. So if I started copping pills and got properly sorted out, my family would think I was a freak or something. I am already the black sheep of my family, so I don't want more reason to be so. I went to a therapist, and they freaked out even because of that. So, it's hard because of that. The only one who actually excepts my drug thing is my mom, but she doesn't know how bad the depression and such is for me. I don't think she noticed it has carried onto me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:43:59 PM by DTG Entertainment »

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »

My family believes I am alright, because I don't tell them any of this shit. So if I started copping pills and got properly sorted out, my family would think I was a freak or something. I am already the black sheep of my family, so I don't want more reason to be so. I went to a therapist, and they freaked out even because of that. So, it's hard because of that. The only one who actually excepts my drug thing is my mom, but she doesn't know how bad the depression and such is for me. I don't think she noticed it has carried onto me.

I'd be more worried with my psychological health then what my family thinks of me.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »

I'd be more worried with my psychological health then what my family thinks of me.

True, but hopefully I can get the courage one day to approach them about it - so they don't worry about it. You ever had an issue like that, Bundy?

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »

True, but hopefully I can get the courage one day to approach them about it - so they don't worry about it. You ever had an issue like that, Bundy?

Nah.. my mom actually helped me out greatly. I had read about social anxiety disorder and thought that I was suffering from some of the symptoms (for all of you fagtrons who will try and twist this quote against me) and told my mom about it. Later on in the week while she was doing her daily commute, she heard some shit on the radio about a group who were doing studies on the disorder in my area and my mom gave me the info about it. I made an appointment to talk to one of the therapists there. I explained my symptoms and he agreed that I did infact have this disorder. Since he was not my doctor, he couldn't write a prescription to me so he wrote a doctors note and I gave it to my doctor that I see down the street. She wrote me a prescription for Paxil and i've been using it for two years now. It doesn't get me high but it corrects my serotonin uptake (word of advice.. don't do ecstasy until AFTER you have gotten control of your disorder. thizz fucks with your serotonin) which made me have my anxiety.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 07:15:45 PM »

Nah.. my mom actually helped me out greatly. I had read about social anxiety disorder and thought that I was suffering from some of the symptoms (for all of you fagtrons who will try and twist this quote against me) and told my mom about it. Later on in the week while she was doing her daily commute, she heard some shit on the radio about a group who were doing studies on the disorder in my area and my mom gave me the info about it. I made an appointment to talk to one of the therapists there. I explained my symptoms and he agreed that I did infact have this disorder. Since he was not my doctor, he couldn't write a prescription to me so he wrote a doctors note and I gave it to my doctor that I see down the street. She wrote me a prescription for Paxil and i've been using it for two years now. It doesn't get me high but it corrects my serotonin uptake (word of advice.. don't do ecstasy until AFTER you have gotten control of your disorder. thizz fucks with your serotonin) which made me have my anxiety.

Word up man, thanks for the advice. I'm glad someone else has dealt with it. Before your stuff was sorted since you dealt with anxiety, did you ever have like the shortness of breath when you were out in public, um trouble breathing, sweating, the feeling as if everyone was watching your every move and judging your every move, and the paranoia from it?

Al Bundy

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »

Word up man, thanks for the advice. I'm glad someone else has dealt with it. Before your stuff was sorted since you dealt with anxiety, did you ever have like the shortness of breath when you were out in public, um trouble breathing, sweating, the feeling as if everyone was watching your every move and judging your every move, and the paranoia from it?

Basically my anxiety would kick on my "fight or flight" which is basically when we experience excessive stress—whether from internal worry or external circumstance—a bodily reaction is triggered, called the "fight or flight" response. Originally discovered by Harvard physiologist Walter Cannon, this response is hard-wired into our brains and represents a genetic wisdom designed to protect us from bodily harm. This response actually corresponds to an area of our brain called the hypothalamus, which—when stimulated—initiates a sequence of nerve cell firing and chemical release that prepares our body for running or fighting.

The feeling as if everyone is watching & judging was something that I suffered from for years. It didn't happen with EVERY social encounter.. example being going to school.. only a couple of classes really triggered my anxiety. I would be fine in French class.. would talk to everyone & participate in class but my Geometry class had me paranoid as fuck. I still had friends and had social interaction like any other kid but I still had anxiety problems that limited my life to be blunt.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:30 PM »

Basically my anxiety would kick on my "fight or flight" which is basically when we experience excessive stress—whether from internal worry or external circumstance—a bodily reaction is triggered, called the "fight or flight" response. Originally discovered by Harvard physiologist Walter Cannon, this response is hard-wired into our brains and represents a genetic wisdom designed to protect us from bodily harm. This response actually corresponds to an area of our brain called the hypothalamus, which—when stimulated—initiates a sequence of nerve cell firing and chemical release that prepares our body for running or fighting.

The feeling as if everyone is watching & judging was something that I suffered from for years. It didn't happen with EVERY social encounter.. example being going to school.. only a couple of classes really triggered my anxiety. I would be fine in French class.. would talk to everyone & participate in class but my Geometry class had me paranoid as fuck. I still had friends and had social interaction like any other kid but I still had anxiety problems that limited my life to be blunt.

Same, it generally happens with me everywhere except my friends. I've had it for sometime now, but it wasn't till a few years back I discovered why I felt the way I did.

Al Bundy

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 07:33:20 PM »

Same, it generally happens with me everywhere except my friends. I've had it for sometime now, but it wasn't till a few years back I discovered why I felt the way I did.

Some people live with it for their whole life not knowing that it's a condition that with proper medication can help them live a better life. I was just a kid growing up in the world, I didn't know what was normal or not. I'm glad that I took the first step and just talked to a therapist.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »

Some people live with it for their whole life not knowing that it's a condition that with proper medication can help them live a better life. I was just a kid growing up in the world, I didn't know what was normal or not. I'm glad that I took the first step and just talked to a therapist.

My first therapist/counselor was a school therapist in the 5th grade who had me sent to a professional one 5th through 6th grade who charged $90 an hour till she called my mom a bad mother and cussed her out. I saw the school counselors - 7th and 8th grade then got a counselor again this last year, but he was a bullshitter who all we ever talked about was his problems. I felt like his counselor. The anxiety is what fucks with me the most.

Al Bundy

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »

My first therapist/counselor was a school therapist in the 5th grade who had me sent to a professional one 5th through 6th grade who charged $90 an hour till she called my mom a bad mother and cussed her out. I saw the school counselors - 7th and 8th grade then got a counselor again this last year, but he was a bullshitter who all we ever talked about was his problems. I felt like his counselor. The anxiety is what fucks with me the most.

i'm no doctor but from reading your posts, you might have what i have no homo. it's not as uncommon as you think.. i know a couple of people on this forum who have the same diagnosis.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »

i'm no doctor but from reading your posts, you might have what i have no homo. it's not as uncommon as you think.. i know a couple of people on this forum who have the same diagnosis.

Word, well the anxiety isn't the only thing that fucks with me but I hate it the most, and you don't have to say no homo. It's cool bro. It just feels good to have someone I can speak to about it and actually take me serious when I say something.

Al Bundy

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »

Word, well the anxiety isn't the only thing that fucks with me but I hate it the most, and you don't have to say no homo. It's cool bro. It just feels good to have someone I can speak to about it and actually take me serious when I say something.

it's my steez

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 07:48:22 PM »

it's my steez

Well, I appreciate your steez. ;)