Author Topic: HBK and Taker just put on one of the greatest matches in Mania history  (Read 555 times)

herpes

Re: HBK and Taker just put on one of the greatest matches in Mania history
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 09:19:22 PM »
just tell me who wins, i dont give a fuck lol.

Everyone knew Taker was going to win, it was one of those matches though you have to watch b/c it doesn't matter who won or lost.
They did a damn good job making it look like HBK had a chance though.

When guys like HBK, Taker and Jericho retire, I don't think I can watch wrestling anymore. All the new up and comers can't even tell a fucking story in a match like those guys.

Seriously. If the future is about guys like Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr., I'm going to finally stop watching it unless i have insomnia.
I'd take DiBiase and Rhodes over a talentless fuck like that Jack Swagger dude. The only thing worse than his wrestling is his name.

That's where I blame WWE for ruining wrestling. They have these farm territories that don't teach their wrestlers good ring psychology. They wrestle on PPVs like its an episode of Raw.

I haven't seen this Jack Swagger character; but if Rhodes and DiBiase are better than him, its a very sad future for wrestling.

On a side-noe, I wonder when they're going to call up DH Smith to the main roster.

Before he got called up reports were Cody  was great in the ring and a natural at cutting promos.  He has been anything but since his call up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »
I think the match looked good on a shitty night but I didn't think it was all that great of a match. It had a decent ending I'll give it that because the only time of the night I was drawn in was to wonder whether Taker may actually lose after that Super kick. But other than that I didn't think much of it.

Off the top of my head Wrestlemania matches I liked better

Savage/Steamboat obviously
Austin/Hart
Taker/HHH
Rock/Austin
Hogan/Warriot (say what you will but they practiced hard and put on a show
Savage/Flair
Owen/Bret
Savage/Hogan
HBK/Ramon
Hart/Piper
Angle/Lesnar
Angle/Benoit
HBK/Benoit/HHH
Eddie/Angle
Angle/HBK

herpes

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
The reason I rate this match so highly is everyone knew Taker was going to win.  But they managed to get fans on edge and actually got you thinking HBK might end the streak.  Even the two botches by HBK and Taker looked like they were planned that way.  I don't know I can't tell you the last time I marked out during a match like that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »
The reason I rate this match so highly is everyone knew Taker was going to win.  But they managed to get fans on edge and actually got you thinking HBK might end the streak.  Even the two botches by HBK and Taker looked like they were planned that way.  I don't know I can't tell you the last time I marked out during a match like that.

The last time I marked for anything was Hogan/Rock. But that was the little boy in me coming out.

I get what you mean. It had me wondering too, but in the end one great aspect of a pretty good match isn't enough to rank it with the best ever.

herpes

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 09:43:07 PM »
I think the match looked good on a shitty night but I didn't think it was all that great of a match. It had a decent ending I'll give it that because the only time of the night I was drawn in was to wonder whether Taker may actually lose after that Super kick. But other than that I didn't think much of it.

Austin/Hart
Taker/HHH
Rock/Austin
Savage/Flair
Owen/Bret
Savage/Hogan
HBK/Ramon
Hart/Piper
Angle/Lesnar
Angle/Benoit
HBK/Benoit/HHH
Eddie/Angle
Angle/HBK

You would really put Savage/Hogan above this match ?  Don't get me wrong Macho carried Hogan to a good match but the ending killed anything they did during the match.  Macho controlled the entire match and out of no where Hogan Hulks up and wins.  Thats how all his matches ended back in the day but this instance I think was one of Hogans worst Hulking up moments.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
We also need to take into account that many of those matches that Shallow listed were when those guys were in their prime. You never know with wrestling, but I think HBK and Taker are past their prime and have seen better days. They still managed to steal the show and the majority of the other matches had guys in their mid to late 20s which is sad IMO.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »
Another thing, enough can not be said about Ricky Steamboat.  He wrestled like it was still 1988, if it wasn't for Taker and Michaels, Steamboat would of stolen the show.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »
i like TNA
the shit they do on there is raw
the younger no named wrestlers are like rey mysterio and they do some good shit

idk why it gets so much hate
its alot better then WWE SOMETIMES

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 07:42:45 AM »
i like TNA

Action wise, it usually is better.
But their storylines are horrible as well as the endings for matches...they tried copying the WWE and losst focus on what they were doing well. That's basically why they get the hate.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »

Austin/Hart
Taker/HHH
Rock/Austin
Savage/Flair
Owen/Bret
Savage/Hogan
HBK/Ramon
Hart/Piper
Angle/Lesnar
Angle/Benoit
HBK/Benoit/HHH
Eddie/Angle
Angle/HBK

no HBK/Bret? :o

yo, did HHH, Cena, Trish & Jericho win?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »
After watching the replay, I would put the 'Taker and HBk up there.

It was better than Hogan/Warrior, Hart/Piper, Angle/Benoit never happened one on one, it was better than HBK/Benoit/HHH, and a few other of those matches you mentioned. I think the match being in Texas helped with the crowd, as both are Texas boys, and the build up was almost old school like, so there was a lot going into this match, and both lived up to the hype. Not sure where I'd put it with Rock/Austin 2, Angle/Lesnar, Savage/Flair and the rest, but it was a great match.

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »
i like TNA

But their storylines are horrible as well as the endings for matches...they tried copying the WWE and losst focus on what they were doing well. That's basically why they get the hate.
They have shitty psychology too. A lot of the young guys just do crazy spots the whole time. I tried to get into TNA, but they make the WWE's pathetic storylines look good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »
i like TNA

They have shitty psychology too. A lot of the young guys just do crazy spots the whole time. I tried to get into TNA, but they make the WWE's pathetic storylines look good.

TNA did everything that WCW and ECW did wrong. ECW was extreme spots, and TNA tries that, but can't get it right, WCW has those big names that even grandmas know, but can't market them, and then they have story lines like they are WWF, but they suck. TNA is like a crash of what went wrong in the 90's, and puts them in a 6 sided ring.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
i like TNA

TNA did everything that WCW and ECW did wrong. ECW was extreme spots, and TNA tries that, but can't get it right, WCW has those big names that even grandmas know, but can't market them, and then they have story lines like they are WWF, but they suck. TNA is like a crash of what went wrong in the 90's, and puts them in a 6 sided ring.

i really dont give a FUCK about any of the things you just mentioned
i watch wrestling to see the matches i could give 2 shits about marketing,story lines, who is fueding with who and what not

the matches are bad ass and the wrestlers are talented thats all that matters to me

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »
i like TNA

i really dont give a FUCK about any of the things you just mentioned
i watch wrestling to see the matches i could give 2 shits about marketing,story lines, who is fueding with who and what not

the matches are bad ass and the wrestlers are talented thats all that matters to me

To each their own. I'm just saying my opinion, and I am just saying TNA sucks. Outside of Samoa Joe, Sting and Kurt Angle, no one knows how to put on a match with real ring psychology.