Author Topic: Suge Knight  (Read 3182 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Suge Knight
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 03:44:49 AM »
What's next are you going to say dre would have made his comeback without eminem either?

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 03:47:32 AM »
actually i think in kurupt's most earliest work, he made references to 6-0 , and snoop even on his 213 demo tapes with warren was reppin gang affiliations.
at that time, snoop was reppin the insanes, but i guess he never got initiated into them, and later became a member of the 20's.

No he didn't, he sold drugs and knew Crips but i don't think was a real gangbanger. Come on now, on "Murder Was The Case" soundtrack he was claimin the 60's.
i was going to edit my post and say "supposedly" later became a member of the 20's, but i just left it.
i dont know if he is or not as a fact, but snoop claims he is a member of the 20's. do you know as a fact he isnt or....?

Okka

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 03:53:11 AM »
actually i think in kurupt's most earliest work, he made references to 6-0 , and snoop even on his 213 demo tapes with warren was reppin gang affiliations.
at that time, snoop was reppin the insanes, but i guess he never got initiated into them, and later became a member of the 20's.

No he didn't, he sold drugs and knew Crips but i don't think was a real gangbanger. Come on now, on "Murder Was The Case" soundtrack he was claimin the 60's.
i was going to edit my post and say "supposedly" later became a member of the 20's, but i just left it.
i dont know if he is or not as a fact, but snoop claims he is a member of the 20's. do you know as a fact he isnt or....?

Ofcourse i don't know but i really doubt it since he was claimin Rollin 60's in 1994 and then all of a sudden he talkin about RTC.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2009, 03:54:30 AM »
lol, he was claimin 60's?.... wow, thats the first time i heard that. which song did he say that? ???

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2009, 07:12:57 AM »
I have arguements but its pointless to argue with you because your so obsessed with dre that it blinds for seeing anything else.Hence your odd thought that somehow dre would be where he is without suges help.

hey it's not my fault that you fail  :nahnah2:

Ha ha did it?I can't see my karma rating on my phone that's straight up making me laugh.I'm not backtracking anything I stand by everything I said.I only did this for amusement.I said it before I love to argue.everything in music boils down to an opinion anyways theirs no real right or wrong.I just like pissing people off...and yes I'm like this is in real life I can't help it.I tell everyone I'm an asshole and well its pretty much true
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=203302.msg2055118#msg2055118

:catfight:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:17:59 AM by Dre-Day »

Okka

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:46 AM »
lol, he was claimin 60's?.... wow, thats the first time i heard that. which song did he say that? ???

Can't remember who said this shit years ago on here, but he said that Snoop is claimin the 60's by sayin this:

"Gimme the dice so I can break you niggas, i threw a C (C-I-X)" ("Who Got Some Gangsta Shit")

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
^^
lol, that aint referring to 6-0.

thats referring to gettin a six from rolling the dice, and saying it with a crip lingo/slang.
dice games being commonly played in the hood.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:32:27 AM by ironmike »

Okka

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »
^^
lol, that aint referring to 6-0.

thats referring to gettin a six from rolling the dice, and saying it with a crip lingo/slang.
dice games being commonly played in the hood.

Aiight, good to know that.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2009, 08:02:43 AM »
damn dude is riding suges dick hard eh...

Blasphemy

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2009, 09:58:09 AM »
wats wrong with ownin the masters n shit? dnt 4get- nate, snoop, warren g n most of dpg had fuck all b4 suge signed em.. nate said his self that they didnt even have enough money 2 get to the deathrow studios n they spent most nights in there coz they didnt have much place else 2 go.. then came along big suge who gave these bitches everythin n the ungratefull fucks went n bit the hand that fed em!!!

dre stole half the shit from other not so well known producers at deathrow.. n u red about the production 4 makavelli- when pac used the producers that no 1 wanted 2 use n then snoopy n rest of dpg bitches turn around n start moanin that pac get the best production n shit... come on, wat the fuck was all that shit bout!!

there were gangbangers at deathrow but that gave the rappers a sense of protection.. thats why deathrow could diss whoever they wanted.. dpg werent real gangbangers anyway.. fake ass bitches..
What does anyone need protection from in the studio? It's a work enviroment. You have security at the doors to keep the wrong people out in the first place. Death Row had excellent security. Hence, no need to have gangbangers in the studio. Many have disputed that this was one of Suge's worst contributions to the music business. People view the studio as sacred. There shouldn't be anyone in there that isn't producing, performing, or in some way or another, contributing directly to the production of the records.

And what is this "everything" that Suge gave them? Let's look at this objectively. Suge helped them make a name for themselves but he was well compensated for it. They don't owe Suge any more than Suge should owe Jimmy Iovine. It's a business. At least for Interscope's part, Suge was a multi-millionaire. The artists on Death Row all left with no money. Many of them were bankrupt. Should they all be thankful to Suge for the opportunity to make him rich? I mean, if it's only about the fame then what seperates Death Row from all these other major labels? Shouldn't every artist just stay put on whatever label gave them their first break? After all, that label "made" them? Doesn't that make Suge an ingrate for biting the hand that fed him when he dissed Interscope? After all, as long as someone puts your face on TV and voice on the radio, you owe them your livelihood even if they are making a killing off your publishing. That's just how it goes.

Death Row while a company wasn't professional. Suge used aggressive tactics, threats of violence, and violent acts to get contracts.He beat people who were working.The fact is, they smoked weed, got drunk and did a bunch of shit in the studios.

Also LOL SUge isn't no multi-millonaire anymore, the fat fuck lost DR and his mansion lmao He can't even get Blac Ball Recordz of the ground. IMO Suge/Dre were what made Death Row the best. Suge with his strong armed tactics was able to broker the deals, and with Dre running/producing the music it was golden.Suge fucked up death Row when he added tupac. He forced everyone to put their beats/lyrics into All Eyez on Me for Tupac.That alone pissed off dre to some extent. It was just 1 of the few reasons why he left.

Personally I feel, Death Row wasn't Death Row anymore. It was Tupac's Label in the end.Everything was to surround him, Hyped up around him. He owned The West Coast/Death Row during his time on their. That's why I think a lot of the artist started to get cliquish over prodducers/singers because they didn't want to lose anymore to Tupac. I mean Tupac was just using what suge gave him, and he gave people a chance. He took producers no one else fucked with, gave em a chance and they shined.IMO Death Row just started to come unraveling when Tupac had came on it, mainly because of how Suge made people put into the All Eyez on me project, and that he was basically the only artist receiving attention (I've searched for stuff in those years, Its all basically coming up with tupac)

Jaydc555

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2009, 10:16:30 AM »
Well suge was quoted as saying all he needed was pac and though it was true he gambled it and lost everything.The westcoast hasn't been the same since that night in Vegas...

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »
You put hip hop artistry strictly in the hands of these big rich executives that don't have any sense of what the true form of our music is and you get the music of today.
You really think it was much different back then? The music might have been different but the executives were still calling the shots then.

I didn't say it was any different just pointed out that this is the way it is today and you don't have any more Suge Knights or big drug dealer kingpin's that really from the streets running successful labels or have the backing from big distributors like Suge did.  They are venturing other more prosperous avenues.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »
dre was a star before he went to death row

he wouldve continued to be a star in the industry but without the DOC talking Dr Dre into doing the Chronic Dre's career wouldn't be what it is
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »
dre was a star before he went to death row

he wouldve continued to be a star in the industry but without the DOC talking Dr Dre into doing the Chronic Dre's career wouldn't be what it is
true

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2009, 06:16:37 PM »
Anyone who thinks Suge made Dre and Snoop is as much a fool as Suge ended up becoming...Dre was already top notch production wise and Snoop would have been successful wherever he signed...Cream always rises to the top and Snoops  was the shit back then...Now whether or not they would have become as big, I don't know but having that kind of talent also made Suge who he is or should I say who he could have become without the nonsense.