Author Topic: My Video Interview w/ Bishop Lamont: Talks Em's RELAPSE, Dre's DETOX & More!  (Read 2010 times)

Digital Pimpin'

An update for yall:

"Dre and Bishop are working on a way to release "The Reformation" outside of the Interscope umbrella. Talks are happening and we should have an answer by next week. Bishop is still signed as of now but there might be some major changes coming soon."

Sounds like Bishop wants to release his album as he intended and wants off Interscope, but needs to keep those Dre beats, and Dre probably wants Bishop to write/guest on Detox.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I have a feeling he's been dropped.....

we can only hope
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
If Bishop can't get a release on Interscope but can secure his recordings legally and move off label then could still easily drop around the time of Detox (if he's featured on it) and make a quick dollar.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

Launching the careers?eminem saved aftermath.no eminem and aftermath wouldn't even be here.50 cent was already an established artist he could have signed anywhere and been successful he made his own buzz.what third artist are you referring to?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
An update for yall:

"Dre and Bishop are working on a way to release "The Reformation" outside of the Interscope umbrella. Talks are happening and we should have an answer by next week. Bishop is still signed as of now but there might be some major changes coming soon."
wow, this sounds great if it's really going to happen

Damn Interscope politics...

yeah, the company should have gone bankrupt in the 90's.

Matty

remember that interscope didn't want to launch bishop before because he would supposedly 'distract' from detox. if that was the case then fat chance they'll leave him leave with any dre heaters for release before or around detox. that would be the ultimate 'distraction'.

MisterX

• 'G'
An update for yall:

Why doesn't Interscope want to release The Reformation? In 2008 there wasn't a single album from Aftermath and Bishop had the grow up single, he could have came out then.

Matty

good point. its as if every time they shuffle things around over there, bishop's album gets left with the short straw. releasing it off interscope may be the only way it would ever come out. in that case, i'm dubious that the amount of dre beats would probably be cut in half or more, providing they haven't already been given to 50.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Well ya'll know Jimmy won't release or even spend money on promoting new artists 'till Em, 50 and Dre drop. And ya'll know how long that would take...

Digital Pimpin'

Well ya'll know Jimmy won't release or even spend money on promoting new artists 'till Em, 50 and Dre drop. And ya'll know how long that would take...

Could be that Bishop knows for sure that Detox won't drop for a looooooong time yet?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Could be that Bishop knows for sure that Detox won't drop for a looooooong time yet?

Let's just say that everything depends on Em and 50's albums (sales-wise).

Matty

well there's supposedly RELAPSE 2, buying that extra time for detox, which could easily get delayed till 2010 and 50 dropping in the later part of this year. realistically, detox could drop any time between q2-q4 2010, which is gonna be truly terrible timing given what the state of the economy will be in about a year from now. whatever happens, you can rely on interscope to fuck things up. i'd of thought detox is definitely off the cards for 2009 now.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
well there's supposedly RELAPSE 2, buying that extra time for detox, which could easily get delayed till 2010 and 50 dropping in the later part of this year. realistically, detox could drop any time between q2-q4 2010, which is gonna be truly terrible timing given what the state of the economy will be in about a year from now. whatever happens, you can rely on interscope to fuck things up. i'd of thought detox is definitely off the cards for 2009 now.
it must piss Jimmy off that Dre really takes his time  :D

i wonder how long it will take before he loses his patience

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's a lot of "friction" going on between Dre and Jimmy at the moment...

Digital Pimpin'

There's a lot of "friction" going on between Dre and Jimmy at the moment...

Sounds like Jimmy forgot the vaseline.