Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9752 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
yeah but IMO he has no bidness on records especially wit great rappers like crooked, but again i doubt crooked approved that and that happened without his stamp of approval and back then maybe suge convinced him
but still ray j has no talent to be on shit like this IMO
shit for the longest I thought that was a female on yukmouth's album doin the hook to his song  (on godzilla) come to find out it was ray j haha
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »
Here are the tracks that (I'm pretty sure) were meant for "Untouchable" or in that time frame:

House Party
Middle Finger Music
I Love the ghetto to death
Bang on em
Crook Show
G'd Up and Banged out
Dollaz in my hand
Jack 101
Gangstaology
So Damn Hood (OG)

I remember there being an article on Death Row's site way back promoting "Untouchable" that had other tracks mentioned (including a couple produced by Daz)

I'm thinking that you're almost certainly right about every track you mentioned except "House Party" and "So Damn Hood (OG)."  And you might be right about them too, but I'm not as sure.  It could be that "So Damn Hood (OG)" was at one time intended to be included on "Untouchable."  I'm thinking though that by the time they decided to scrap the "Untouchable" album in favor of "Say Hi to the Bad Guy," and then had Daren Vegas remix it, that the OG version probably would have just remained unreleased.  But you never know.

I put "House Party" on there because Eastwood shouts him out at the beginning of the track (38 seconds in). I think of the supposed 4 Crooked I albums that were talked about being released (2 Untouchable's and 2 Say Hi 2 The Bad Guy's), I think realistically the second version of Untouchable was the closest to actually being released. It had a press release with Hutch talking about specific songs on it.

I also think "So Damn Hood" (the version without Sisqo) was meant for that album. Remember, when Suge came out, he scrapped both versions of "Untouchable" because he felt they sounded more like freestyles and not full songs. The "So Damn Hood" w/o Sisqo sounds more like a mixtape track than an album track.

yeah but IMO he has no bidness on records especially wit great rappers like crooked, but again i doubt crooked approved that and that happened without his stamp of approval and back then maybe suge convinced him
but still ray j has no talent to be on shit like this IMO
shit for the longest I thought that was a female on yukmouth's album doin the hook to his song  (on godzilla) come to find out it was ray j haha

If Crooked I didn't approve of working with Ray J, I don't think Ray J would be on a whole bunch of tracks with them. Eastwood and Ray J were pretty tight back then (Ray J was on Eastwood's 1st Self Made Mixtape that he did while on Death Row). This is probably scratching the surface of how much Ray J actually worked with them. Suge was trying to get him out of his deal with Atlantic right a few months after he got out of jail. Ray J was close to getting out of his deal however dude kept running his mouth about being a blood and got his ass kicked numerous times because of it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2009, 05:18:57 PM »
basically IMO he shouldnt be on there period
but i get how he ended up on alotta the traxx
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2009, 05:29:21 PM »
Interesting stuff. So its a 100% this is just a bootleg cd with whichever tracks were available & not the real SHTTBG

check out this link that was forwarded to me.

http://www.streethop.com/street-corner/174434-fake-crooked-i-cd-say-hi-bad-guy-has-been-exposed-proof-inside.html
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

JohnnyL

« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
Interesting stuff. So its a 100% this is just a bootleg cd with whichever tracks were available & not the real SHTTBG

http://www.streethop.com/street-corner/174434-fake-crooked-i-cd-say-hi-bad-guy-has-been-exposed-proof-inside.html

This link doesn't work for me.  Can you please explain what it said?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »

I'd have rather have him on there than Sisqo, considering in '01-'02 he was still in the mainstream and Sisqo was pretty much off the scene. "House Party" would have been a huge hit if it dropped as the first single instead of "So Damn Hood"

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

The link works.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

EFFeX

« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
After listening to alot of these tracks, MAN SUGE DROPPED THE BALL. He had a dope roster, rappers and production team. Tha Row had a new sound, but it was still west coast to the fullest and other than a butchered Against The Grain and a soundtrack he did NOTHING with all that talent. >:(

Yeah, the 2nd generation Death Row sound still had it's own signature, but still West Coast-ish.

Crooked still works with Jim Gittum, doesn't he? IMO, Crooked+Gittum meshes quite well. Gittum can still make that signature Death Row sound that Crooked sounded good over.

Crooked+Gittum >> Crooked+Komplex

Totally agree with this post!

By the way, of course Crooked still records with Jim. I don't know how recently, but Gittum appeared on "Block Obama 2". They are family anyway. Jim is Crooked's God brother.

Do you have any idea if Gittum produced any tracks for BOSS, and how many?

Yes, Jim did tracks for BOSS, but I have no clue how many and which ones will appear on BOSS at this point in time. I think no one, but Crooked knows what the BOSS track list will look like...

JohnnyL

« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

The link works.

Okay.  Maybe it does.  But it says I have to register.  And I don't know that it's worth it to read a single post.  Especially if I don't know what the post says.

EFFeX

« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2009, 05:39:29 PM »

I'd have rather have him on there than Sisqo, considering in '01-'02 he was still in the mainstream and Sisqo was pretty much off the scene. "House Party" would have been a huge hit if it dropped as the first single instead of "So Damn Hood"

House Party had HUGE potential, that track is sick.

By the way to those who are wondering, I'm 90% sure that Ray J was never officially signed to Tha Row.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »
what happened to DARREN THE BEAT-BANGER VEGAS?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
damn thats a tuff one but if i would have to choose id take sisqo and so damn hood wit sisqo isnt that bad
sisqo>>>>ray j
(thats if i would have to choose, to each is own tho)
and yeah i think he was jus rollin wit them never officially signed, otherwise suge would have tried to fuck up his good for nuthin career

Cube

JohnnyL

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »

House Party had HUGE potential, that track is sick.

By the way to those who are wondering, I'm 90% sure that Ray J was never officially signed to Tha Row.

That's what I was thinking.  Which is why it really surprised me that he had even recorded material for even as many songs as what appeared on this cd.

EFFeX

« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2009, 05:45:06 PM »
damn thats a tuff one but if i would have to choose id take sisqo and so damn hood wit sisqo isnt that bad
sisqo>>>>ray j
(thats if i would have to choose, to each is own tho)
and yeah i think he was jus rollin wit them never officially signed, otherwise suge would have tried to fuck up his good for nuthin career

See, I hate Sisqo and his vocals are annoying to me. I think Ray J fits that West Coast sound better. It's all opinion though. Sisqo always sounds like he's screaming and Ray J got a smoother style.

By the way, House Party may have been a good follow up single if not a lead single. I also believe House Party is from the Untouchable sessions as well though, it sounds older. You can tell it was recorded at the end of the 90s or in 2000-ish. It has that turning point sound to it. Unless they were going for that "throwback" sound.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

The link works.

Okay.  Maybe it does.  But it says I have to register.  And I don't know that it's worth it to read a single post.  Especially if I don't know what the post says.

FAKE Crooked i Cd (Say Hi To The Bad Guy) has been EXPOSED (Proof inside)
FAKE Crooked i Cd (Say Hi To The Bad Guy) has been EXPOSED (Proof inside)

The deal was, that Nino and Kilo were posting on the dubcnn forums under many various account names, creating a false hype about this new Crooked i CD so that more people would buy it, 1 from LSN, 2. from FTP (every1 not knowing there are the same people as well as 1O1/ GMG etc).

Every1 on dubcnn was weary of it to begin with, but these videos by Clint Dogg (from Kilo aka Josh aka Kilo2 aka DTG Ent. David Tanner Guinn aka DeathRowsFinest aka LSN on dubcnn.com) prove it all and exposes him and this Crooked i Cd as a SCAM.

These videos don't lie.
1st Msg by Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka DeathRowsFinest (8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56681954e636f005/

2nd Msg Talking to Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka DeathRowsFinest(8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/566804193b3b2892/

Return MSG to Kilo aka Nino aka etc etc (8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56687868356ec801/

The very next day BOTH Cd's were taken down.

If you got time, it will all explain itself after a little reading up on these links below.
Crooked I-Say Hi 2 The Bad Guy
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=211073.0

Not promoting, but a topic would hit here anyhow so....Crooked I, FTP
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=210700.25

New Crooked i cd, FTP, 1O1, GMG, Kilo/DeathRowsFinest/DTG Ent. Exposed
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=211045.0

Here U Go FTP (Crooked Tracks Inside)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=210728.0

Clint Dogg - Msg to Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka FTP aka 1O1 (12-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56931099d3266a2d
Last edited by ClintDogg; 03-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D