Author Topic: Bishop Lamont: Truth Serum News (Inteviews, Video Footage, MP3s, Shows)  (Read 1138 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bishop Lamont: Truth Serum
AllHipHop Interview 05.12.2009

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2009/05/12/21552018.aspx
Bishop Lamont recently took a trip to Amsterdam and Rotterdam. While he was there, AllHipHop.com caught up with the Carson, California rapper and got his views on international Hip-Hop, the status of Dr. Dre’s Detox, friction with The Game and the positive side people seem to overlook.

AllHipHop.com: You recently recorded a song with rappers from Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Bishop Lamont: With Lords of Chaos?

AllHipHop.com: Can you speak on that?

Bishop Lamont:
It’s a blessing. It’s about unifying Hip-Hop. N***as be fronting. It’s always an issue back in the States like between L.A. and the Bay. L.A. looks at the Bay like The Bay ain't Hip-Hop. So the whole nation looks at the rest of the world and Europe like The Netherlands like they ain't Hip-Hop. Me being here shows a presence that it is Hip-Hop and we are unified. These are beautiful spitters. It’s so redundant back in the States and the music period that you need to see more fly n***as.

AllHipHop.com: On the song you did with the Lords of Chaos, you have a line where you say you don't respond to the haters. Game recently had a song ("Blood Respect") that took shots at you.

Bishop Lamont: God bless him. I just got through talking about him and we're going to can all that [beef]. I guess he feels a certain way and he wants to get it off his chest. So, I'm not even gonna knock that n***a back down and call him "baby girl" again. I'm gonna keep him a he instead of turning him into a she. I appreciate you thinking about me. [Game] knows were I'm at. It don't mean nothing to me. I'm glad n***as are writing rhymes about me. Usually b****es are talking about me so when n****as are talking about me, I feel real pretty. "You like my muscles?" [Audience laughs.]  Its a waste of energy to lower yourself to that. I'm out here in Rotterdam and its great works [being created]. I go home and its more great works are created. I rap better than the n***a, I'm realer than the n***a. I'm in Compton more than you are. What do I have to say? He should have been dissing last year. I'm over it.

AllHipHop.com: I know you can't speak much about Dr. Dre and Detox. I know you can't talk about it. But…

Bishop Lamont:
What are you trying to set me up for, pimp? (Laughs)

AllHipHop.com:
We just want some clue as to what goes on in Dre's mind. We've been waiting forever.

Bishop Lamont:
Me too!

AllHipHop.com: We're looking at him to turn the Titanic around this year.

Bishop Lamont: It’s definitely the Titanic and we're about to hit that iceberg. I don't know. That dude is an amazing dude. You can never tell what's on his mind. I can speak on what's in his heart. For the most part, he wants to deliver Detox, but he doesn't feel that its up to par yet to give it to the world. Each installment has taken seven years and we're up to 10 with this one. We're going past that window so its are the people still gonna want it and can I give them with the same energy and the ambition that the people want to see it. N***as looking at it like its Big Foot or a unicorn or Loch Ness Monster. It’s taken on mythical levels. He has to surpass all that and deliver something amazing. So, hopefully…

AllHipHop.com:
Another legendary producer DJ Quik suggested he should do a new album...

Bishop Lamont:
That's what he did...

AllHipHop.com:
...with a different title.

Bishop Lamont:
It’s not a different title, but he did [change the album]

AllHipHop.com:
Was that because of leaks or...

Bishop Lamont:
Because of leaks and how he's feeling in his mind. I can't speak for him 100% until I speak to him, but from what it was before to what it is, he wants that s**t to be mega. I think n***as would be mad if we put out some bulls**t and it destroys the whole legacy. Other n***as albums didn't live up to the expectations and now we're coming to the godfather of rap, the Quincy Jones of rap. This n***a's got to not only walk on water, but fly and s**t. We in the Matrix right now and that's Morpheus. Neo is going to do his thing and I'm going to do what I gotta do with Morpheus.

AllHipHop.com:
What have you experienced?

Bishop Lamont: Just being able to walk though the neighborhoods. Usually when we come [to other countries] its off the plane to the hotel, sound check, do the show, pack up, back home. This way, you can connect with the people, feel the culture, meet in spirit and mind and do some fresh s**t. It’s lovely. And I just been drinking hella lot. I don't smoke so the coffee shops don't do it for me.

AllHipHop.com:
I saw you in the coffee shop with Fredro Starr [of Onyx], MC Shan [of the 80's collective the Juice Crew]...that was a moment in Hip-Hop.

Bishop Lamont:
That was a moment for me. MC Shan was getting mad because it was pork on the grill. I wasn't eating the pork, but mom was eating the pork. And Fredro, that's family too. People that I listen too, I never thought I would be able to share a panel with or in conversation and Vodka. Shout out to Fred, you know we gotta get it in.
AllHipHop.com: Do you think we will ever see a time when Hip-Hop outside of the United States will be accepted as much as it is...

Bishop Lamont:
Its already accepted. Its just a lot of haters and n****as with egos thinking that they did it. You know, back in the day, there used to be a lot of New York n***as that created Hip-Hop, they didn't want to see what the West Coast was doing. Once they saw what the West Coast was doing, they embraced us. The South was feeling the same way. I'm sure you can recall with the Source Awards when Andre and Big Boi was on stage and said, "The South got something to say." Now the South done said their piece and now the guys from the Netherlands are getting to say their piece. Other than that, Hip-Hop is real recycled. There's no new flavor, there's no new life. With us building that bridge, n***as are gonna have a whole new plethora - plethora, that's a big word - of talent and soul giving their take on Hip-Hop.

AllHipHop.com:
The organizer of the event, said she wanted to inspire the United States and we could help the international artists on the business front.

Bishop Lamont:
It’s happening.

AllHipHop.com:
In the coffee shop, you spoke about some of the more positive things that you do. You spoke about church and other things.

Bishop Lamont: Shouts out to City of Refuge (church). I apologize. I'm not going to be there Sunday. I'm going to get it in next weekend, because I've done a lot of sinning here.[laughter.] But it’s about positivity, because God blesses every step you take. Its a blessing for people to appreciate what I do. To be here and people love what I do and to be inspired by what I do. That energy is a blessing. Just to breath is a blessing so its more important to live the positive than the negative. That's no growth.

AllHipHop.com: What advice do you give the people of Holland? This is like Hip-Hop in the earlier days in America, because the money hasn't come yet.

Bishop Lamont: But you know what? It doesn't matter if the money hasn't come yet. The talent's already here. And the dedication's already here. The commitment is here. You build it, they will come. They are already on their way. That's why I'm here. I didn't get paid for this so this is from the heart.  Only advice is. Stay focused. Stay true to what you do. There's no need for compromise, because you are blazing a new trail. You are basically creating your own destiny. They are pioneers and its an honor to be apart of that. It’s like the pyramids. I might not be around to see the full creation...or n***as getting to the moon...but they gonna get there. These are the architects.

Video footage about Lords of Chaos posted on April 18th, 2009

Footage from the studio
http://www.pp2g.tv/vanl4YXY_.aspx

• Drory records a verse
  • Jun Tzu records a verse
  • Bigga freestyles
  • Javille Entertainment sings
  • James Walde performs live
  • DJ Markit scratches
  • Lords of Chaos freestyles
  • Laurn Bates freestyles
  • Lord of Chaos freestyles again
  • Bishop Lamont freestyles (7 minute mark)

GOD DAMN! JUN TZU IS WILD WITH HIS VOCALS!  NEVER HEARD AN IRISH RIP THAT HARD!  Watch it just to peep Jun Tzu spit.

Salah Edin Ft. Bishop Lamont, Fosuc, & Mr. Problemz
http://www.pp2g.tv/va3pwZnU_.aspx
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 02:09:02 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
props to Bishop Lamont for getting interviewed by everybody  :laugh:

you know, after reading this interview, i more and more think that Bishop was never really a major player on Detox.
Dre probably wanted him on Detox, but i refuse to believe that Detox was planned to be for Bishop, what the Chronic was for Snoop Dogg.
call me ignorant, but i just have that impression.

he always acted like he knew what was going on with Detox, but the truth is, that he doesn't.
he probably submitted some material & he might even have recorded a few songs with Dr.Dre, that at one point were intended for Detox, but that's it.

i think Dre realises that Bishop isn't going to be a big star, hence he doesn't really push him.

yet Dre produces 2 Eminem albums  :P
yeah yeah, interscope wants Eminem, but that's not an excuse for Dre to only push certain artists

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
yeah yeah, interscope wants Eminem, but that's not an excuse for Dre to only push certain artists

[/color]
Maybe the big money is?
Besides, Dre has always been so scared of ruining his legacy. He put Snoop, 50 Cent & Eminem to the top...he don't wanna fail with Bishop.
Dre don't work with small people, he only works with the top guys. If Quik is west coast, Dre is hollywood.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

[/color]
Maybe the big money is?
Besides, Dre has always been so scared of ruining his legacy. He put Snoop, 50 Cent & Eminem to the top...he don't wanna fail with Bishop.
Dre don't work with small people, he only works with the top guys. If Quik is west coast, Dre is hollywood.
most likely.
but Dre has no new star, so aftermath will probably get ditched by interscope in the near future

Jaydc555

Well unless the big trio moves big units they will be dropped

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I find it hard to believe they'd let Bishop run his mouth so much, do press for Detox if he wasn't at one point fucking with Dre heavily.  Whatever Aftermath artist got to release 3 free street albums of that caliber?  Perhaps they were disappointed in him from that perspective.  Dre even name dropped kid on the radio and popped up in a video with him.  Could all easily be orchestrated?  Yeah but I'm willing to bet at one point along the history of Detox he was heavily involved.
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I find it hard to believe they'd let Bishop run his mouth so much, do press for Detox if he wasn't at one point fucking with Dre heavily.  Whatever Aftermath artist got to release 3 free street albums of that caliber?  Perhaps they were disappointed in him from that perspective.  Dre even name dropped kid on the radio and popped up in a video with him.  Could all easily be orchestrated?  Yeah but I'm willing to bet at one point along the history of Detox he was heavily involved.
Dre obviously knows Bishop's talent & he made some things happen for Bishop.

i just feel that Bishop overrated his role in the making of Detox.
he talked a lot of shit about Detox in the last 4 years

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm aware.  All I'm saying is at one point he had a major role but now it appears to be diminished.  Him and Dre seem to have minor creative differences like Bishop wanted to present a full perspective of hip-hop while selling and while Dre would ideally want that he'd be take the record that makes the most money.  For example, Bishop dug the track Africa but Dre didn't like it.  Hence, it got released on the Confessional. 

Right now it appears that 50 and Em are the major players behind Detox.   
- Banks

afgmafia

• 'G'
you guys are forgetting slim tha mobster lol

kuruptlon

bishop has skills but he aint got shit without dre

ABN

lol at him saying that he canned the beef with Game yet he takes a shot at him in the same answer. Bishop will most likely get dropped and not be on a single song on Detox. that´s my predicition atleast.

kuruptlon

lol at him saying that he canned the beef with Game yet he takes a shot at him in the same answer. Bishop will most likely get dropped and not be on a single song on Detox. that´s my predicition atleast.

My predicition is detox is going to be the first album to feature alian rappers.... ground breaking shit in 2050

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dre should just a cd with one friendly single and the rest of the tracks are recordings of the noises from people fucking.  It'll a fuck with everyone. 
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

I'm aware.  All I'm saying is at one point he had a major role but now it appears to be diminished.  Him and Dre seem to have minor creative differences like Bishop wanted to present a full perspective of hip-hop while selling and while Dre would ideally want that he'd be take the record that makes the most money.  For example, Bishop dug the track Africa but Dre didn't like it.  Hence, it got released on the Confessional. 

Right now it appears that 50 and Em are the major players behind Detox.   
good point.

i don't think Bishop will stay there very long, do you?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You know, Bishop once said he told Dre "I can watch paint dry" after Dre told him he'd have to wait a while to be released on the Math.  He's definitely proving his point.  The paint done almost dried up, if he watches it any longer it's about to old and need a new coating.

I thought it was good sign to see him working with Lords of Chaos and those others cats from Europe.  For the most part, Bishop seems to get a lot of respect from other hip-hop artists and producers besides a few like Ice Cube, Snoop Dog, Game, Tyrese and J Wells.  The last 3 names don't really count because the beefs can be accounted for - Game caught feelings when he shifted labels; Tyrese cut Bishop's record from Alter Ego after he told Bishop he'd be on the joint; and J Wells seemed somewhat disgruntled because Bishop was focused on working with others (maybe he isn't and is legitimate).   The Snoop and Cube issues I don't really understand besides hearsay of blackballing in the industry. 

If he's not going to drop an album any time soon he should hook up with other folks to do features.  There's a bunch of artists I think he'd be smart to work with that he has yet to - Saigon, Papoose, Immortal Technique, Lloyd Banks, Joell Ortiz (I doubt this will ever happen, Joell don't seem to like dude).

All I know is if he don't jump ship soon he's going to be forgotten like Hittman.  And, I ain't hating, but no one can sit here and tell me Hittman had a career beyond 2001.  The way it's looking now Bishop won't be huge on Detox - note that allhiphop interview where he basically admitted Dre started the Detox concept over, scratched a bunch of records, and he hasn't heard any of the new sessions.  If he hasn't heard it, he most likely hasn't been working on it.   The better he starts admitting his situation publicly the less likely he'll be criticized.  Note: that's only IF he did get dropped or his place on the Math is up for grabs.

If he keeps dropping quality material I really don't care if he's signed or not.  Be a little smarter then Stat Quo and not drop as much material but continue to drop material.

Edit:
Bishop, Taje, and Mike Ant would be a dope collab album.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:56:12 PM by Action! »
- Banks