Author Topic: VIDEO- DJ Quik/Kurupt 9 times outta 10 *edit* now with mp3 d/l  (Read 1524 times)

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
Re: VIDEO- DJ Quik/Kurupt 9 times outta 10 *edit* now with mp3 d/l
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2009, 10:06:47 AM »
Damn this shit is sicc !! 8) 8)! i like tha RAP shit, if u aint feelin' this go get your Youuuuuuuuuu ! On.

Wack as Net-Rip Mp3, I Dont see how you guys can bump Youtube Rip Audio. HaHaHa, you cats dont know what QUALITY Is.....and have the audacity to clown music ! get an edumication !

THIS IS RAP !!!
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Matty

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
no fronting this aint great but its alright...points for originality and flows but not feeling the production too much (especially the voice sample). give me 'hey playa' and 'fuck y'all' over this any day. bad choice for a single.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
The song is whatevers to me but I aint gonna say what they should or should not have done cause like homie said above me quik has pleased us for decades so hes allowed to do what he wants but as far as someone saying this shits all over the beats dre did on relapse i gotta disagree on that one cause dre came with some heaters on that one.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »

*Back to anticipating Detox and go bump Relapse*

LOL  WTF

Go and bump Relapse while waiting for Detox.
u little Aftermath Stan  :monkey_piss:

Blah blah. Ohh I'm ofended.  ::)  Rather be a "stan" of that then this trash you a stan of. LOL

~Lucien~

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:20 AM »
Man this shit it dope! I don't think this is an official video. Just a street/internet video...
Ya'll need to hear this in CDQ. Maaan!

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »

LOL  WTF

Blah blah. Ohh I'm ofended.  ::)  Rather be a "stan" of that then this trash you a stan of. LOL

Are u a girl ? U sound really bitchy.

wcsoldier

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »
Sounds like a dissapointment is on the way .. I was not expecting a classic by any stretch but this and What u wanna do (or whatever the title is) are GARBAGE, Hey Playa average .. only Fuck Y'all is album material ... go back listening to BO2 and waiting for R.E Album

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

LOL  WTF

Are u a girl ? U sound really bitchy.

Nah, not a girl, but you mad cause that joint is wack. Lol

miragedesigns

• Lil Geezy
Re: VIDEO- DJ Quik/Kurupt 9 times outta 10
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
wtf music is garbage, i dont want this from Quik , i want the P-Funk

Kurupt's flow is ok, i like the rap but damn there is no beat in this song ( how can DJ Quik produce shit like this ), what a sadness

:(

damn i hope in more good songs on Blaqkout at this point

stop acting like its 96!!! its time the west moved on and developed a new sound!

Smoke

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »
but come on man, im agree with you but there is NO BEAT in this song, only a drum
this isnt music and i cant let me like this song only for the reason that it's 2009!!

miragedesigns

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »
but come on man, im agree with you but there is NO BEAT in this song, only a drum
this isnt music and i cant let me like this song only for the reason that it's 2009!!

hmm maybe theres not much of beat, i thought it was weird at first but second time around i liked it.....

MOBNigga06

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
... Dumb ass decision picking this song. Quik doesn't even rap on it. What kind of fool convinced these two niggas that this was worth making a video for?

I have to agree on this 100%. Whoever is doing Quik's marketing over at Mad Science is a fucking dipshit. They really fucked the pooch as far as promotion on "Trauma" . Where were the videos for the singles?! Black Mercedes could have been HUGE. What happened to the live concert DVD recorded with the greatest hits album?! Did it just go fucking poof and disappear? The list goes on and on.....

I also agree that "Hey Playa" would become an instant hit. Using "9 Times Outta 10" as the lead video single is an extremely idiotic move. First off, you perform Moroccan Blues aka "Hey Playa" like crazy leading up to your album, building hype at clubs and on airwaves, and then when it's time to release a single to the masses you do a complete 180 and release a song that not only has no previous airplay, but has one half of the duo rapping on it. Holy shit...where the fuck is the sense in that? I swear to god if I saw Quik I would tell him to his face that it's not his lack of talent/haters/manic-depressive episodes that are holding him back. It's his fucking marketing/business model. THEY SUCK ASS. Whatever. I'm sure in the long run the fans will all get what they want. But the next time people talk about how Quik is underrated/unacknowledged, know that music is a business. You can put 110% into your music, but if you neglect the business aspect, you are steamrolling yourself...

Word man, and you're absolutely right about the missed opportunity on Black Mercedez. I play that song for people who've never heard of Quik and they all love it. That track, like Hey Playa, is the sort of music that the world needs to hear from Quik.

Also, in all the interviews about Blaqkout, Kurupt and Quik keep saying how they're gonna do some "grown folk" music, that they're "on some grown folks' shit"...well goddamn. This is grown folks shit? This is 15 year olds' shit. Grown folks' shit is Black Mercedez, Whateva U Do, Summer Breeze, Hey Playa...not this track.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
I liked the track, its different. Production wise Quik know what he doing. Put it like this, I went back and listened to Rythmalism 2 days ago, and the song Thinkin Bout U had me scrathing my head. Im 29 so when I first heard this track in 1998, I was 18. Out of all the songs on that record, Thinkin Bout U was my least favorite. Now being on my grown man shit, the song has grew on me. I didn't like the sound of the record then, I felt it wasn't Quik enough.The strings and pads on that track sucked to me. But, the point Im trying to make is,listen to Thinkin bout U and tell me that doesn't sound like a track that would be a hit single right now in 2009. The nigga Quik probably programmed the shit back in 1997. Thats how far advanced fam is, he was making beats in 1998 that was on a 2008 caliber but some beats went over our heads a lil. If you look at some of your least favorite Quik tracks from back in the day, have a listen to them today and c what Im talkiing bout. 9 times outta 10 is tight, but it will go over some heads because its 2009 and Quik's production is already on 2019. Im feelin the track, waiting for the record. Chuuch! 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »
Also, put it like this, my wifey a hiphop head too, I played her Thinkin bout U and U aint fresh off Balance and Options and she thought they was new tracks. Shouts to Quik, nigga I got Visualism on my blackberry right now!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »
this is the worst quik production i ever heard. won't listen to this song a second time in my lifetime