Author Topic: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics  (Read 2657 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: "Classic" Albums that you didnt really feel were classics
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
The car chase scene in Bullet was classic too. That doesn't mean I want to see it in Shawshank Redemption.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »

Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til' Infinity....Regarded as a classic by hiphop heads but i think most of the songs were dull , the title track is one of the best rap songs ever though.

^^I've been sleeping all these years on that one.  Checked it out, I love the sound and the style.  Beautiful time period for hip-hop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
The car chase scene in Bullet was classic too. That doesn't mean I want to see it in Shawshank Redemption.

that was a fail and i didn't get it but i guess... i'll still fuck wit u off the strength tho.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
All of Jay-Z's albums and songs are over-rated.  He has no classic track and no classic album.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »

that was a fail and i didn't get it but i guess... i'll still fuck wit u off the strength tho.

The point is that a great track no matter how good or cool can be in a situation where it does not fit on an album and makes the album worse, even if that track itself is better than most of the tracks on the album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »
Illmatic.  Way too overrated.  I mean serious 9 tracks that are all (besides 1) under 5 minutes long.  It's 9 songs, not 15.  I can take 9 Gucci Mane songs from some mixtapes (all made in the same year) and make a better album than Illmatic.... real talk!

that right there is blasphemy. A statement like this should make your opinion void on any future hip hop discussions.

lol...  i fucks wit Illmatic (1 of the 1st albums i've ever brought) but 9 songs just don't do it 4 me.  I'm not denyin' that tha shit is pure fire (i'd be a deaf bastard if i didn't believe that).  but it's way too short.  a Kalassic is something that should be longer than 35/45 minutes.  It took Nas 2 years to do Illmatic and only came out with 9 songs, naw i can't vouch 4 a classic.  Timeless yes, classic no- there is a difference.  The Chronic=classic; timeless= no.  People will begin to put that album down (after this generation) once Dre drops Detox.  It'll be like "2pacolypse Now" or "Lethal Injection".  Everybody can agree that Dre, Cube, Pac are all classic artist but all of their shit won't be on blast in the future, no matter how good/classic it is to us.  "Darkside of the moon"= timeless; "Ready To Die" =classic.

9 of the best songs ever made on one album by one artist and you still don't think its a classic? Your argument is ridiculous. You arguing that you can find 9 Gucci Mane songs and make an Illmatic is ludicrous. Most rappers don't have 9 songs in their entire career that would equal Illmatic, least of all a crap artist like Gucci Mane. there are a few that do, but they didn't put those songs all on the same album. Give this up, you make yourself even less credible with each post.

and lol at you trying to distinguish between classic and timeless.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:10:10 PM by rapsodie »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
This fool contradicts himself every post...

lol...  i fucks wit Illmatic (1 of the 1st albums i've ever brought) but 9 songs just don't do it 4 me.  I'm not denyin' that tha shit is pure fire (i'd be a deaf bastard if i didn't believe that).  but it's way too short.  a Kalassic is something that should be longer than 35/45 minutes.  It took Nas 2 years to do Illmatic and only came out with 9 songs, naw i can't vouch 4 a classic.  Timeless yes, classic no- there is a difference.  The Chronic=classic; timeless= no.  People will begin to put that album down (after this generation) once Dre drops Detox.  It'll be like "2pacolypse Now" or "Lethal Injection".  Everybody can agree that Dre, Cube, Pac are all classic artist but all of their shit won't be on blast in the future, no matter how good/classic it is to us.  "Darkside of the moon"= timeless; "Ready To Die" =classic.

Illmatic is 9 tracks, Darkside of the moon is 10.

"doggy dogg world" "What Would U Do" is a classic, "california love" is timeless['b]

I thought you said Dre, Pac aren't timeless? lmao. I love how your opinion changes with each post

So far you said Gucci Mane and Will Smiff Dogg could make an Illmatic and the Massacre and Encore could be Illmatics if they were cut down to 9 tracks. You have no concept of good music or good lyrics if you believe thats true.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »

Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til' Infinity....Regarded as a classic by hiphop heads but i think most of the songs were dull , the title track is one of the best rap songs ever though.

^^I've been sleeping all these years on that one.  Checked it out, I love the sound and the style.  Beautiful time period for hip-hop.

Yup that album is Hiero at its best, "No Need For Alarm" by Del is ill as fuck, and I reckon "Deltron 3030" has nothing but dope tracks on it

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
This fool contradicts himself every post...

Illmatic is 9 tracks, Darkside of the moon is 10.

"doggy dogg world" "What Would U Do" is a classic, "california love" is timeless['b]

I thought you said Dre, Pac aren't timeless? lmao. I love how your opinion changes with each post

So far you said Gucci Mane and Will Smiff Dogg could make an Illmatic and the Massacre and Encore could be Illmatics if they were cut down to 9 tracks. You have no concept of good music or good lyrics if you believe thats true.

you arent important enuff 4 me 2 draw it out 4 u but my opinion never changed up and there's a difference.  chuck berry= classic; 2pac= timeless

if u dont understand wat i mean by that then i guess i'll go out looking like a hypocritical ignorant ass bastard ass no taste bitchup dick in tha ear ass nigga 2 y'all then... it doesn't bother me.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »
lmao...chuck berry = classic, 2pac = timeless?

Chuck Berry's been making music since the 50s and is a legend and pioneer of rock n roll. 2Pac's music has only been around for 16 years. Now you're just confusing yourself.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »

Chuck Berry's been making music since the 50s and is a legend and pioneer of rock n roll. 2Pac's music has only been around for 16 years. Now you're just confusing yourself.

i just think u like drama

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:58:39 PM by RadioTube! Da Cannon »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »

Chuck Berry is so much more timeless than Tupac it's not even close. How is Johnny B Good not timeless? You can play that rack anywhere at any time and people will love it. What about Tupac transcends time more than Berry?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »

Chuck Berry is so much more timeless than Tupac it's not even close. How is Johnny B Good not timeless? You can play that rack anywhere at any time and people will love it. What about Tupac transcends time more than Berry?

you're a nerd

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »

I was placed in this world to put the ignorant in their place 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »

I was placed in this world to put the ignorant in their place 

cool brotha man, now stop bitchin