Author Topic: "Eminems Relapse wiill sell somewhere in the mid-630k range" HITS Daily Double  (Read 1181 times)

westside159

i copped it today .. its dope 8) 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah its gotta do atleast 700k, 500k is good numbers, but not for Em with the amount of promo behind this and his long hiatus...

Lol at the Ross comment above though

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm sure he'll sell shit loads worldwide

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
that EM cd is so dope... BUY IT

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wouldn't rely too deeply on projections based on 1 day of sales. I'd wait until Friday, at least, for a more accurate estimate.

But even then, the final numbers are in only when they're in. A lot can happen in a week.

Personally, sales figures aside, I recommend you go cop the CD - Em's on that Real Slim Shady tip from the SSLP- and MMLP-days this time around.

A bit off topic - isn't the whole "first week of sales watch" a bit ridiculous? I mean, is an album supposed to be deemed successful or unsuccessful based on a weeks worth of sales? I'm personally more interested in how well an album maintains its sales figures. A steady stream of sales or a dramatic drop - in my opinion - says more than the first week sales.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!

A bit off topic - isn't the whole "first week of sales watch" a bit ridiculous? I mean, is an album supposed to be deemed successful or unsuccessful based on a weeks worth of sales? I'm personally more interested in how well an album maintains its sales figures. A steady stream of sales or a dramatic drop - in my opinion - says more than the first week sales.

Both numbers are important although the final sales after dropping off the radar is the one which really counts.The first week sales define the magnitude of artist's fan base. Consumer whore are fans of Eminem's and common hip-hop fans are more likely to purchase the album immediately after its release. On following weeks, consumers who don't listen Eminem nor hip-hop regularly and the latecomers. In 2006 The Game's DA was released in the same week as Akon's Konvicted. DA sold ~100k more than Konvicted in the first week but Akon's album sold two millions more overall than Game's ( 1 million). Game's album sales dropped abruptly in the second week because his album didn't appeal outside hip-hop consumers.

I agree with the big fuss over FWS is a bit ridiculous but Eminem hasn't released an album since 2004 so it's interesting to see if people still care about him. And 500k in the first week isn't bad at all, considering that his singles aren't getting that much play as they did in 2004.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Blasphemy

Its possible that because of the leak 2 whole weeks prior, along with the poor choice of singles, and the fact the Crack a Bottle video hasn't dropped is probably why its not selling.People need to see more hype, Dropping a good single (lets say Deja Vu), the video for Crack a Bottle would help build hype.The usual controversy is already helping it sell.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Surely this cannot be true? Interscope i expect if they read this will quickly purchase a 100-200k extra copies!  ;D

Why do ppl say this?  It is so counter-active to spend money buying a product ur supposed to be selling to other people.  You wouldn't make more money..  The labels have nothing to prove by inflating sales, they already have the artist signed...

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
i read it was between 600000-650000 first week. But anyway people need to wake up realy artist these days cant do huge numbers,, yeah yeah lil wayne .. i bet when 50 cents album gonna drop its selling 300000 first week, and when Snoops album gonna drop its sells under 100000.. What can all the promotion do when albums getting leaked onlinenothing realy... we are in 2009 alot have chanced :)

Triple OG Rapsodie

500k on week 1 for a new Em album after 4 years of no new Em music = a flop

Even I, who predicted the album would bottom out at 2 platinum almost 3, expected it to debut with a million in the first week.

Em's first week sales don't really matter that much, its how they do overall that counts.

Jimmy H.

Surely this cannot be true? Interscope i expect if they read this will quickly purchase a 100-200k extra copies!  ;D

Why do ppl say this?  It is so counter-active to spend money buying a product ur supposed to be selling to other people.  You wouldn't make more money..  The labels have nothing to prove by inflating sales, they already have the artist signed...

No kidding. It would be especially pointless in the case of an Eminem. He's not an new artist that needs the rub and he's in no trouble of coming in second place to anyone so what's the incentive for them to do this? If the label is projected to have a #1 album, they're gonna drop $800,000 buying back their own albums, why?

westside159

i heard he already sold about 500 k in the first couple days ...    thats dope its about time real MC's get bacc to whoopin some ass ... dope album 8) 8)

westside159

i heard redman & method man - blaccout 2 did good numbers too , thats cool becuz its a dope album  8) 8)

Westcoastfanatic

I wouldn't rely too deeply on projections based on 1 day of sales. I'd wait until Friday, at least, for a more accurate estimate.

But even then, the final numbers are in only when they're in. A lot can happen in a week.

Personally, sales figures aside, I recommend you go cop the CD - Em's on that Real Slim Shady tip from the SSLP- and MMLP-days this time around.

Exactly. Like back in the 80's and early 90's first week sales were irrelevant. A lotta classics weren't even going gold in a few weeks. Like the classic "The Chronic" for example. I would really like to know how much it sold the first week, but it's problably not more than 50k. It still went like 4Xplatinum and stayed in the Billboard Top 10 for like 8 months.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Mygla

Exactly. Like back in the 80's and early 90's first week sales were irrelevant. A lotta classics weren't even going gold in a few weeks. Like the classic "The Chronic" for example. I would really like to know how much it sold the first week, but it's problably not more than 50k. It still went like 4Xplatinum and stayed in the Billboard Top 10 for like 8 months.

The Chronic was 3xplatinum within a year, so of course it sold more than 50k the first week....