Author Topic: deathrowforum.com/ftpe  (Read 595 times)

EFFeX

Re: deathrowforum.com/ftpe
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
Wait Johnny, which site has the Lara Lavi interview, I can't find that anywhere?

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

Oh alright, they got so many different URLs, I forgot to check that one.

JohnnyL

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 09:42:22 PM »
Wait Johnny, which site has the Lara Lavi interview, I can't find that anywhere?

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

Yeah.  That one takes you to a Wideawake page. Then, there's a link to the Death Row page from there.  The interviews pretty short, and doesn't really reveal much.  I have no idea if this is supposed to be the new official Death Row page.  In all likelihood it's just a place filler (At least, I hope).

EFFeX

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

Yeah.  That one takes you to a Wideawake page. Then, there's a link to the Death Row page from there.  The interviews pretty short, and doesn't really reveal much.  I have no idea if this is supposed to be the new official Death Row page.  In all likelihood it's just a place filler (At least, I hope).

It's just like the last days of the real Death Row, only thing we'd get is a different flash animation each week.  ::)

Na, on the real, I hope they start making real moves after The Chronic. I'll probably cop it just to have a fresh copy of The Chronic, since mine is scratched to shit. I've copped so many copies of that over the years, still got my cassette copy, LOL.

JohnnyL

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

It's just like the last days of the real Death Row, only thing we'd get is a different flash animation each week.  ::)

Na, on the real, I hope they start making real moves after The Chronic. I'll probably cop it just to have a fresh copy of The Chronic, since mine is scratched to shit. I've copped so many copies of that over the years, still got my cassette copy, LOL.

Yeah.  I know what you mean.  I've literally had my copy since 1992.  A friend of mine sold it to me for $7.00, after he stole it from his sister. lol  It's got quite a few scratches on it as well (And that weird little electric chair man that doesn't quite match any of the other Death Row logos, post-Chronic).

EFFeX

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

Yeah.  I know what you mean.  I've literally had my copy since 1992.  A friend of mine sold it to me for $7.00, after he stole it from his sister. lol  It's got quite a few scratches on it as well (And that weird little electric chair man that doesn't quite match any of the other Death Row logos, post-Chronic).

Yeah, my cassette tape still plays, but all the wording is really starting to vanish from it, as tends to happen with a lot of old cassettes. My original CD copy is pretty much coaster material right now, but I hold onto for nostalgic purposes now to pretty much say, "Yeah I got that, LOL".

The only Death Row vinyl I have left is "Doggystyle" and "Death Row Greatest Hits", all my other stuff I sold to my boy when I stopped messing with turntables.

JohnnyL

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

Yeah, my cassette tape still plays, but all the wording is really starting to vanish from it, as tends to happen with a lot of old cassettes. My original CD copy is pretty much coaster material right now, but I hold onto for nostalgic purposes now to pretty much say, "Yeah I got that, LOL".

The only Death Row vinyl I have left is "Doggystyle" and "Death Row Greatest Hits", all my other stuff I sold to my boy when I stopped messing with turntables.

I've seen that "Death Row Greatest Hits" vinyl on ebay for a little bit of money.  You were probably wise to hang onto those. 

EFFeX

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

I've seen that "Death Row Greatest Hits" vinyl on ebay for a little bit of money.  You were probably wise to hang onto those. 

I had Doggystyle for a real long time, but I found Greatest Hits in a throw away been in a record store about 10 years ago, LOL! I was like "What are these people crazy?" It was like $5. That was a must have.

Yeah, I still have a bunch of vinyl though, not just Death Row stuff, I sold most of it, but certain gems I couldn't part with hoping they would be worth something one day.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »
"And just so you know, we plan to put out pure Tupac and Johnny J and Daz and Snoop and Crooked I and Petey and Danny Boy and Lady of Rage and Left Eye, and everything over the next through years that has been locked away in the vault."

Classic.. I just hope it happens.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »

www.wideawakehc.com/cmw

I had Doggystyle for a real long time, but I found Greatest Hits in a throw away been in a record store about 10 years ago, LOL! I was like "What are these people crazy?" It was like $5. That was a must have.

Yeah, I still have a bunch of vinyl though, not just Death Row stuff, I sold most of it, but certain gems I couldn't part with hoping they would be worth something one day.

Yeah.  $5 is a steal for that.  It's already worth way more than that.  Unfortunately, I don't have too much stuff on vinyl.  I got a few old "Ruthless Records" records.  That's about the extent of my vinyl collection.  Every now and then I'll still buy one off Ebay though.

EFFeX

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
There's some old Crooked I vinyls on eBay I'm probably going to try to scoop for my own collection, but that's about it.