Author Topic: Joe Budden & Method Man Call Into Power 105.1's The Ed Lover Morning Show  (Read 2327 times)

JohnnyL

Joey may be a better lyricist but he'll never be shit to Meth or ever have the same love and respect.
you might be right but im hopin after Slaughterhouse drops and after the next solo joint he might startin gettin more exposure. then maybe his career might be looked at different when its over
I
Yeah.  I'm hoping that Slaughterhouse album still drops this summer.  I think it could potentially do wonders for all four of their careers.  I think Crooked I will definitely benefit from it, as he's the only one of the four that hasn't dropped a solo cd.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Joey may be a better lyricist but he'll never be shit to Meth or ever have the same love and respect.
you might be right but im hopin after Slaughterhouse drops and after the next solo joint he might startin gettin more exposure. then maybe his career might be looked at different when its over
I
Yeah.  I'm hoping that Slaughterhouse album still drops this summer.  I think it could potentially do wonders for all four of their careers.  I think Crooked I will definitely benefit from it, as he's the only one of the four that hasn't dropped a solo cd.
word...im just hopin people are gonna buy back into the lyrical side of rap. its been missin for awhile but im not convinced fans are ready yet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Joey has so many haters! :laugh:

JohnnyL

I
word...im just hopin people are gonna buy back into the lyrical side of rap. its been missin for awhile but im not convinced fans are ready yet.

Yeah.  It's hard for me to understand too, but for whatever reason, there are a lot of people that don't get into the whole lyrical side of rap.  To me, it's the most important element.  Unfortunately though, the Slaughterhouse album's commercial success may boil down to who produces and what guests are featured.  It won't have any
bearing on whether or not I buy the album, but it might to more casual rap fans. 

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Well actually looking at the thread i would say that he has just as many fans as haters here, maybe even more.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I can't even say I disagree with him.  In fact, I do agree that he's one of the best rappers out today.  But let's be real.  We'd be lying to ourselves if we said that there was no ego involved here.  Budden said that him being better than Methodman is a provable fact.  That's ridiculous.  There's no way to prove such a thing.  Even if he beat Methodman in a battle (which I openly admit is a distinct possibility) how does that prove with absolute certainty that he's better than Meth?  For one thing, what's to say that Methodman wouldn't beat him in a re-match?  And moreover, how does Joe Budden beating Methodman in a battle now, retroactively detract from the idea that Methodman has, in the past, dropped dope verses on countless albums?  
 Look, I think Budden raised some good points.  And I completely agree with him that that list Vibe put out is ridiculous.  And you're probably right that if he called out Bow Wow or Soulja Boy, people probably wouldn't have cared.  And I think we can agree that that's because their inclusion on a list like this is so ridiculous to begin with.  But where I take issue with Budden's statement is when he tries to pass his opinions as fact.  I'm not even saying I think he's wrong, because in most cases, I agree with what he's saying.  But those are still just opinions.  The idea of Bow Wow and Soulja Boy being two of the all-time greats, as ridiculous as it is, still isn't something that can be disproved, as it applies to the realm of fact verses opinion.  I doubt very many people share that view.  But holding the opposite belief, doesn't change the fact that it's a belief.  Not a fact.

Exactly my view on it.

Also for me it's like a athlete in their prime calling out a veteran, for example, we know todays heavyweight champion would knock Mohammed Ali out today, but what does it prove? nothing? most people would still rate Ali higher.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Well actually looking at the thread i would say that he has just as many fans as haters here, maybe even more.

i guess your kind of right, but the haters are hating a lot harder than fans praising. :P

Kool Beenz

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rn-oXLZ0L7w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rn-oXLZ0L7w&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckvGjh0FIXs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ckvGjh0FIXs&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Game won

Budden is so fuckin over hyped and over rated

i REALLY dont understand how yall think he is so good

???

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
There are opinions and then there are facts.  It is a fact that Budden slaughtered Game, it was absolutely no contest.  I have never heard of anyone saying anything different, you are the first lo.  This wasn't even a rap battle, way to onesided to call it that
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:23:24 AM by S P I C E »

DIP DIP SET SET

Kool Beenz

There are opinions and then there are facts.  It is a fact that Budden slaughtered Game, it was absolutely no contest.

LMAO
thats as opinionated as it gets

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
There are opinions and then there are facts.  It is a fact that Budden slaughtered Game, it was absolutely no contest.

LMAO
thats as opinionated as it gets

Not when it comes to these 2 disses, I dont know how anyone in their right mind could say that Joey didnt win easily

DIP DIP SET SET

Kool Beenz

well we can argue all day about who is better but like i said we can just wait and see until
Meth vs Budden

Jaydc555

I'd say your alone on thinking game won

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK

Yeah honestly this is the first time that I have ever heard anyone say they thought Game won.

DIP DIP SET SET

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Yeah honestly this is the first time that I have ever heard anyone say they thought Game won.

Word, and I'd love to say Game beat Budden cos I'm way more of a fan, but Budden had that hands down. Beat to games track was sick though