Author Topic: Eminem sells 600k first week...  (Read 1512 times)

westside159

Re: Eminem sells 600k first week...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19:33 PM »
WTF ?  600,000 First week is crazy ,  that is alot of units for 1 week dude ,  what are you talking about ?  anyways im glad it sold alot , im tired of this new rap shit

Lucifuge

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
Flop??? ??? ??? ??? He's 1'st in 20 countries how thee fuck is that flop..he's world wide sell like kanye in 2 years
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Elano

After landing at No. 1 in the UK with his fifth consecutive album, Eminem is on track to top all U.S. sales charts as Relapse will reportedly become the highest-selling debut of the year with estimated 630,000 sold copies in its first week.

In addition to Shady, other hip-hop debuts will also hit the charts.

The big story, obviously, is Eminem, whose appeal remains strong enough to get him the year's biggest debut at somewhere between 600k and 630k, leapfrogging Interscope labelmates U2, whose 484k is now the second biggest bow of '09. Both Method Man & Redman's Blackout 2! and Busta Rhymes' Back On My Bullsh*t is set to sell between 60k and 65k. (Rumor Mill Chart Preview)
Based on reports from iTunes, Relapse has landed within the top 5 digital downloads around the globe.

In the US, Relapse is # 1; In the UK Relapse stands at #2; Australia Relapse is #3; In France and Germany Eminem's album hits iTunes charts at #5.(iTunes)
Along with British rapper Dizzee Rascal, Em is again making a splash with Relapse in the UK.

Rap artists celebrated a stellar sales week on Sunday's new U.K. sales charts, with Dizzee Rascal and Armand Van Helden's "Bonkers" (Dirtee Stank) new at the top of the singles survey, and Eminem's "Relapse" (Interscope/Universal) powering straight to No. 1 on the album bestsellers...The Eminem album is his fifth in a row to top the U.K. chart, a run dating back to "The Marshall Mathers LP" in 2000.(Billboard)
With 36 percent reporting, Hits Daily Double reports Eminem's Relapse sales at about 195K. Last week, one-day estimates predicted Slim Shady will lead all sales by leaps and bounds.

He may be a homophobic, pill-popping, celeb-dissing misogynist, but there are at least 600-650k others who can relate to Eminem. That's the number of people we estimate will pick up the Detroit hip-hop bad boy's Relapse, his first album for Shady/Aftermath/Interscope in almost five years, based on reports from retailers across this great nation of ours who haven't yet hung up a "For Lease" sign. U2 bowed at #1 with 480k back in March. Def Jam/IDJ's Method Man & Redman follows with 65-70k and Universal Motown's iconic Busta Rhymes, reunited with former Elektra topper Sylvia Rhone, both at between 60-65k. (Hits Daily Double)
To get an idea of how Shady is doing in the Big Apple, SOHH spoke with a Union Square Virgin Megastore to see how Tuesday's new releases are doing.

According to the rep, Busta Rhymes' Back On My Bullsh*t has sold 25 copies as of this afternoon, Redman and Method Man's Blackout 2 has sold 46 pieces and Eminem's Relapse is moving 216 copies since the store opened up this morning. (SOHH)
Busta Rhymes recently told SOHH that he looks forward to the first week sales for all hip-hop albums coming out, which includes albums from DJ Drama and Red Man and Method Man.

"I feel real good about it because its a great day in hip-hop," he told SOHH. "There aint been this much amazing releases on the same day in a minute. All of this dope shit in the marketplace, hip-hop needs it right now. We need it to show people how lucrative the business of hip-hop music still is on a corporate level. We need to also get these tours up and running. I just look forward to seeing what the outcome is going to be. I'm fans of every one of those artists I'ma be out there buying all three of them shits myself that day." (SOHH)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »
Shows how much downloading has changed the industry but I have a feeling his numbers would have been lower anyways.  He's been gone for a minute, people taste's have changed, and none of his singles were true radio bangers.  The most played one was We Made You.  

Based on those freestyles I'm looking forward to his future stuff more then I have enjoyed relapse.  I could feel him having fun on that Chonkyfire freestyle.  I actually think they should use that chorus for a track.  "i got you slipping on my swag juice."  That shit is on constant rotation.
downloading isn't hurting Eminem that much, as he's selling like crack on itunes :P

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 01:03:55 AM »
EM used to be great but he has been pure trash for 7 years now, fuck album sales.  Who gives a shit about bullshit album sales, no real fan should.

DIP DIP SET SET

Lucifuge

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »
LOL.. Budenn ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 01:59:33 AM »
Yeah his first week numbers could've been bigger for about 200k if he had a better single and not some recycled bullshit but calling this a flop is reaching. And mentioning Kanye, Wayne and Jigga is also reaching. Kanye did 900k but that was when he and 50 created this event, 808's only did 400k. Jigga sold like 750k with his comeback album but then had a 80& drop in 2nd week, simillar story with 50 and Curtis. And then there's Wayne who did 1 mill but that was hype, his new rock album is getting pushed back for like 6 months now.

First week sales are overrated, flop will be if in the end he's like under 3mill. And to say that the economy doesn't play part is also a weird statement. And you keep saying how the promotion for this album was amazing but I don't see it. They mostly relied on the name Eminem and that he is back. He had normal TV and radio appearances for any Interscope artist and when they started with the whole drug, rehab campaign it was mostly for Internet users and it was a little late (it was like 3 weeks until the record dropped).

MediumL

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 03:11:29 AM »
It did 190k in the UK which is pretty good. I think 300K = plat over here but Em usually goes 3x plat. He needs one hit and one relatively high charting single to help him do BIG numbers. Plus a tour would significantly help sales...

I say wait and see what Jay does and what Kanye or Wayne do next album. I wouldn't be surprised if they do 500K or less.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 03:17:15 AM »
Do these sales charts include digital purchases? 600k is good these days but yeah, he could have done a bit better. Calling it a flop is ridiculous
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
Bad economy isn't that significant factor for poor album sales. Even in tougher times consumers like to have luxuries. They rather hold on big investments like houses and cars than buying music.
What really kills album sales today is Itunes. In the '90s when people heard a song that they liked they would go to a record store and buy the whole album. Today they don' have to do that, they just log on to Itunes, get the song and perhaps preview some of the songs from the album and purchase the ones they liked.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

MediumL

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 04:06:14 AM »
Bad economy isn't that significant factor for poor album sales. Even in tougher times consumers like to have luxuries. They rather hold on big investments like houses and cars than buying music.
What really kills album sales today is Itunes. In the '90s when people heard a song that they liked they would go to a record store and buy the whole album. Today they don' have to do that, they just log on to Itunes, get the song and perhaps preview some of the songs from the album and purchase the ones they liked.

truth ^^^^ (although album sales may still be slightly affected by the economy - unemplyoment rising means people may be struggling and aren't gonna waste $10 on an album when it could buy them food).
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 04:16:52 AM »
Do these sales charts include digital purchases?

That's a valid question.
I don't remember when was the last time I bought an album at a record store but I buy digital all the time.
I wouldn't be surprised if itunes amounted to another 600k for Em.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 04:43:14 AM »
clearly not a flop, but i did expect a lot higher.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lucifuge

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
eminem flop?? what abaut red&meth,they like diomond floping
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »
Busta Rhymes flopped sooo hard too