Poll

Who will be the NBA Champions?

Lakers
27 (62.8%)
Magic
16 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 09, 2009, 08:06:28 PM

Author Topic: 2009 NBA Finals!!!!!! - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic  (Read 7877 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: 2009 NBA Finals!!!!!! - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »
officiating is horrendous.....
Many bad calls both ways. :grumpy:
This..and it was probably the best officiated game of the series. I thought it was pretty even for the most part, and Orlando made too many mistakes to let that be an excuse. Kobe's elbow to Nelson will probably talked about and it was a foul, but Orlando made the mistake of letting it get to that point. Odom also hooked Howard and pushed off to get a rebound on Lewis' miss late in the 4th with a 5-point lead, but they tend to put whistles away, and Howard probably would have missed the FT's anyway. :laugh:

Talking about Howard's FT.. how ridiculous was that foul called on Fisher for pushing him (while Howard was kicking Gasol)?

Damn what a lame officiating. Both ways.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:41:08 PM by Antonio »

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
P.S. Pietrus is a looser.

sav

« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2009, 09:39:53 PM »

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2009, 09:41:22 PM »
HELLYEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
im drunk lmao
LAKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »
Just to let you know it's 6:42 AM here, lol. I watched it all night long. Damn! I betta go to sleep now, lol.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »
LMAO @ Petrus's pussy ass shove
LMAO @ Gasol acting like he was going to do anything about it.
lol,he couldnt just let that shit slide though. def was a bitch move and gasol would ave been more of a bitch if he let it ride.

OchoCinco

« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »
lol,he couldnt just let that shit slide though. def was a bitch move and gasol would ave been more of a bitch if he let it ride.

ya ppl call him soft then he actually does the right thing and stands up for himself n he gets called soft lol. I like peirtus but that was a definate fustration move on his part.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »
This..and it was probably the best officiated game of the series. I thought it was pretty even for the most part, and Orlando made too many mistakes to let that be an excuse. Kobe's elbow to Nelson will probably talked about and it was a foul, but Orlando made the mistake of letting it get to that point. Odom also hooked Howard and pushed off to get a rebound on Lewis' miss late in the 4th with a 5-point lead, but they tend to put whistles away, and Howard probably would have missed the FT's anyway. :laugh:

Talking about Howard's FT.. how ridiculous was that foul called on Fisher for pushing him (while Howard was kicking Gasol)?

That foul was soft, but he pushed Gasol after Fisher pushed him so that's why it was on Fish. That call helped the Lakers though, Howard got the board and had an easy dunk lined up.
I got a bird's eye view

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

Also, why the hell did Gortat only play 4 minutes?? I don't understand Stan Van Gundy's logic.
true,at least it was consistently shitty lol.

i was wondering about gortats absence as well,especially with L.A.'s frontline foul problems. also i would have stayed with alston if i was van gundy.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2009, 09:51:50 PM »
ya ppl call him soft then he actually does the right thing and stands up for himself n he gets called soft lol. I like peirtus but that was a definate fustration move on his part.
I have no problem with how it went down. Gasol was going for that easy dunk when he could have run the clock out, Pietrus did the right thing by fouling him. That's pretty much what you are taught, you don't let a team showboat on you. Gasol had his right to be mad, and the refs handled it how they should have. I don't take Gasol as a fighter though, with all the whining he does during games. Most bball players aren't fighters though really.
I got a bird's eye view

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2009, 09:53:56 PM »

That foul was soft, but he pushed Gasol after Fisher pushed him so that's why it was on Fish. That call helped the Lakers though, Howard got the board and had an easy dunk lined up.

Still a bad call, man. I wasn't saying it helped the Lakers or shit like that. They called a foul on Odom (the 5th one i think) and a pair of fouls on Bynum (4th and 5th) who were disgusting too.

Really, the NBA needs to do something against those lame officiatings.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

Still a bad call, man. I wasn't saying it helped the Lakers or shit like that. They called a foul on Odom (the 5th one i think) and a pair of fouls on Bynum (4th and 5th) who were disgusting too.

Really, the NBA needs to do something against those lame officiatings.
I agree, that was a bad call. Odom and Bynum committed a lot of dumb fouls, most of them were fouls though. Odom complained when he bit on that pump fake and they called it, but Kobe has gotten those calls all series. NBA officiating is easily the worst out of all the sports, the stench of the Donaghy era still presides over it, and it makes it my least favorite sport to watch at times, even though I love to play and watch bball.
I got a bird's eye view

OchoCinco

« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »
I have no problem with how it went down. Gasol was going for that easy dunk when he could have run the clock out, Pietrus did the right thing by fouling him. That's pretty much what you are taught, you don't let a team showboat on you. Gasol had his right to be mad, and the refs handled it how they should have. I don't take Gasol as a fighter though, with all the whining he does during games. Most bball players aren't fighters though really.

lol u dont know wat ur talking about there was more then enough time for them to foul and send him to the line but they played that horribly. They would have fouled Pau either way so why  would u risk missing free throws when u can get an easy dunk??tell me that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
Now lets close it out in Orlando... I called Lakers in 5, come on, I hope that holds true, I'm making my Buffalo Chicken pizza Sunday for this game... HELLZ YEAH

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

lol u dont know wat ur talking about there was more then enough time for them to foul and send him to the line but they played that horribly. They would have fouled Pau either way so why  would u risk missing free throws when u can get an easy dunk??tell me that.
Be real, the game was over, Orlando had lost their chances in the game. They definitely played it horribly and it was a frustration foul, but that is playoff basketball. As a coach, you want to see that your players care and you don't want them to let the opponents rub it in at the end. With that lead and time situation, you can dribble out and waste more time, or you dunk and expect to get fouled hard.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:21:20 PM by Tay »
I got a bird's eye view