Author Topic: BlaQKout is the greatest produced Hip Hop album of all time  (Read 1682 times)

Dopeisjay

Re: BlaQKout is the greatest produced Hip Hop album of all time
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »
Well, i wouldnt say greatest cause i still feel, Rhythm-al-ism is the greatest album ive ever heard, but blaqkout is a dope album, but ima this, i know it got some hate, but i mean look at it like this, b4 "Hey playa" and "Fuck Yall" were dropped, almost everyone was askin for the track, as soon as they got it, they were like this shits dope, i was the same way, and when the album leaked, everyone kinda forgot bout those tracks and i bet skimmed through the album skippin through those 2 tracks right there,
because we got the chance to hear them already, what im sayin, if quik would have made us wait, for the whole album, without hearing one single, till it dropped or in this case leaked lol, many of us would have said, wow! one of quik's top albums, lol thats the way i view cause i caught myself doing that, and skipping hey playa and fuck yall oh and i forgot to mention 9X's outta 10. but yeah, overall outta the 13 whitch i realy say its an 11 track album, i like 9 out of 11 tracks, whatcha wan do it's not like a wack ass song, but doesnt fall into what i like, and, jupiters critic in the mind of mars, it's kool, but if quik had used something else then the ring modulator, its creative, but, i dunno, wasnt realy crazy over it.. but the rest of the album was hott, i liked exodus, just to repetitive, but that beat is nice!
overall i give blaqkout a 4/5

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »
This pretty much sums up this thread

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
AND IM GONNA BUY THA MUTHAFUCKIN ALBUM!!!

Matty

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 06:21:49 PM »
forgetting the over the top thread starter, blaqkout definitely represents an evolution in quik's sound. first there was trauma that sounded cleaner and clearer than his previous work but on blaqkout quik's music has never sounded crisper.

i bumped 'tonite' (remastered version) then 'we still party' then 'the appeal' and was amazed as the difference in clarity between the oldest and newest beats. granted, 'tonite' is hella old and woulda been done on much cheaper equipment, but it sounds like extreme mud compared to 'the appeal'. even the rhythamalism track sounds pretty muddy in comparison. although the direction on rhythamalism is very layered and smooth, no question that the drums and mixing have evolved to something much clearer sounding.

Elano

biggt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 08:15:33 AM »
not even the best album in the last month the real blackout which is blackout 2 kills this album blaQout is a decent album but far from the best

UNO!!

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
its not even the greatest album produced this year let alone ever.....what u been smoking son?

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »
trauma shits on blaqout

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »
And lyrically it shits on any of y'all top 10 favorite rappers top 10 favorite rappers top 10.  :oi: :bandit:

lyrically shits on Crooked? lol

The album is average. Will cop it though since they're a couple of my fav artists

Matty

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 04:36:45 PM »
btw if anyone if interested in my cut of the album throw me a pm 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
And lyrically it shits on any of y'all top 10 favorite rappers top 10 favorite rappers top 10.  :oi: :bandit:

lyrically shits on Crooked? lol

The album is average. Will cop it though since they're a couple of my fav artists

LOL, word.

Quik is no artist, but sounds dope over his own beats & Kurupt didn't even rap all that good, again; just sounded good over the beats.

the whole album was Quik's beats & personally i would say Dre's beats on Relapse are better than Quik's beats on this; but i personally dig the bangers over the smooth Quik-like beats.

but albums dope overall. 8)

b.laden

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 11:28:58 PM »
hell no, ths album is just average and dj quik music has always been more disco,funky or jazzy than hip hop
Quik has skills but i aint a big fan of his music

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 11:29:03 PM »
It's alright, one of the weaker Quik produced albums though. Kurupt and Quik don't sound half as good as the shit he did for AMG, Suga Free and all the stuff in the late 90's early 2000's era.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 12:07:56 AM »
The album has a really consistent theme...too bad the theme is wack music. This nigga said its the greatest Hip Hop produced album of all time, FUCK OUTTA HERE!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 01:04:14 AM »
What a dissapointing album this is, I'd be hot ( >:() if I had bought this shit.

There was potential for this project to be great and honestly I thought it would never see the light of day, but this shit succ's almost as bad as the fixxers project.

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums