Author Topic: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread  (Read 572 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
Props To the Pens for doing it.
Props To MAlking for Winning the Mvp
Props to Crosby for being the best all around player in the league and hopefully the haters can stfu
Props My hometown boy Maxime Talbot for scoring 2 goals in this game and having 4 the entire final
Props to my hometown boy M-A Fleury for hvaing a great offseason and boucing back after a badgame, also dude was questionned after the junior championships and again after not being the savior when he first came to pitsburgh.. FLeury what Roy was to the late 80s and 90s , what Brodeur was to the late 90s and the 2000s

Im a little sad for my boy Mike THerrien who got fired mid season. PArt of this stanley cup goes to him since he was coach of the Pens the last 4 years but also lets not forget he worked with the AHL team of WIlkes BArre for 2 years prior, spent a total of 6 years molding and teaching these young Kids.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:55:26 PM by Mtl 's M-0-s-T »

Lunatic

Re: PItsburgh Pengouins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:01 PM »
Great game, glad they won it. Fuck Det. winning again. Hossa got bit in the ass :laugh:  Glad to see Crosby get his first cup. Also good for Bill Guerin.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: PItsburgh Penguins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:23:33 PM »
i love Sid The Kid!

i can't watch hockey, but when the Pens are on, i have to chime in just for a little for Sidney! 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »
Congrats to the Penguins. 8) Fuck Detroit.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: PItsburgh Pengouins 2009 Stanley cup Champions Thread
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 08:12:08 AM »
Great game, glad they won it. Fuck Det. winning again. Hossa got bit in the ass :laugh:  Glad to see Crosby get his first cup. Also good for Bill Guerin.

Why is everyone blaming Hossa and mad at him. And those bitch Penguins players think it's funny. They should be thanking him. If Hossa stayed there'd be no Satan, no Guerin, no Gill, and maybe a few other heart and soul vets that got Pit to the finals. They would have gone out in round 2.

Detroit on the other hand never would have mixed up the Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Datsyuk line and that alone would have finished Pit.

Every Penguins player and fan owes Hossa an aplolgy for ragging on him and a thank you for winning them the cup.

teecee

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
Props to the Pens....odds stacked against them, but they persevered.  Talbot was the shit last night, so was FLeury. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 11:40:45 AM »
Props to the Pens....odds stacked against them, but they persevered.  Talbot was the shit last night, so was FLeury. 

I disagree. There weren't many solid shots on goal all night from Detroit and Talbot scored on give aways. Games 4, 6, and 7 were simply Detroit dropping the ball. Pittsburgh showed me nothing to make me think they have a chance next year. Detroit will still be the clear favourite in 2010.

teecee

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »

I disagree. There weren't many solid shots on goal all night from Detroit and Talbot scored on give aways. Games 4, 6, and 7 were simply Detroit dropping the ball. Pittsburgh showed me nothing to make me think they have a chance next year. Detroit will still be the clear favourite in 2010.

Wow...ok.  You realize how few chances the Pens actually had last night, right?  For Talbot to score two goals on that stage, the only two Penguins goals, was actually quite amazing.  He isn't a scorer, but he capitalized when greater talents from both teams couldn't.  Hockey is a game of mistakes, and Detroit made way too many uncharacteristic mistakes in the series.  The Wings were seen to have all the forward depth, yet it was a guy like 3rd/4th line guy likeTalbot that delivered in game 7, and throughout the series. 

As for Fleury, he made BIG sacves in ever series.  He didn't have to stand on his head last night, as the Pens defense was great until hte last few mins of the third, but the save he made with a second left WAS a big one.

Detorit will be a favourite EVERY year.  Sometimes they win or go far, and sometimes they lose in the first round like they did to the Oil in '06. 

teecee

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »

HOw many blocked shots did Pittsburgh have compared to the Wings?  HOw about Fleury's breakaway save on CLeary?  Thing is, the Pens beat Detroit with Crosby and Malkin not scoring in the final three games.  I DO think that Detroit would have been better with a healthy Datsyuk, but still......if the Pens showed you "nothing" as you say, then I guess you fail to realize that Crosby is only 21, Malking 22, Fleury 24, and Stall 20.   Only gonna get better...

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
Yeah this team is a dynastie, all the guys you just menionned are all sigend so unless the cap goes down( yes i kow its suppose too)  then this team will be it for years... i predict right now

Pitsburgh over Chicago in 6 next year.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
Teecee, you're only reiteratinng my point. Detroit beat themselves. I'll give credit to the blocked shots. Pit played decent D but none of that would have mattered if the Wings simply played like they were supposed to. The passes were off and the shots were rushed when they didn't need to be. It's like they were nervous, which doesn't seem possible since they were all there last year. Osgood outplayed Fleury every step of the way in this series. It's not hard to save shots aimed at your chest when no one is around to get a rebound.

How many times this series did you see a Wings forward with time to spare shoot impulsively at Fleury's chest? It was pathetic.

Cleary had the break and shot a half assed backhand into the pads. (he was also homerun slashed to the arm while doing it but whatever)

I just want someone in that organization to tell me why after game 6 and the huge missed opportunities and lack of chemistry Babcock didn't go back to the winning line 1 of Zetterberg, Holmsrtom and Datsyuk? Hossa wasn't setting up shit in front of the net. He'd be better off with Cleary.

Yeah, the young guys are all coming back, but the young didn't do shit when it counted. It was all the old vets trying like their lives depended on it to win that cup and all of them are probably gone by next month.

OchoCinco

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »
ya wat irony for Hossa lol, sells out then loses the cup to his old team. Shallow u taking this all a little personal, u a detriot fan or wat.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »
It would of been one thing for him to lose in the finals to say Boston but to lose against Pitsburgh and to come up scorless... ouch

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
ya wat irony for Hossa lol, sells out then loses the cup to his old team. Shallow u taking this all a little personal, u a detriot fan or wat.

That's pretty obvious isn't it. I brought out my 1996 Mike Vernon Jersey for nothing.

That being said; oveer the years when Detroit is outplayed by a better team I can admit that. When they fuck up themselves by screwing around and lose to a lesser team, that's when I get upset.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »
A lesser team tho?? realy ? I mean i think these two teams are pretty equal  since detroit won last year, pitsburgh this year... will see if they showdown next year.

And why cant the Nhl open with a Detroit Vs Pitsburgh prime time game on say a wensday night top kick off the Nhl season .. that would be great.