Author Topic: [6.26] Maino-If Tomorrow Comes [Explicit][Retail][2009][Grouprip]  (Read 1780 times)

ikke

Re: [6.26] Maino-If Tomorrow Comes [Explicit][Retail][2009][Grouprip]
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
I almost missed out on this one and would've never checked if The Leak with his acquired taste wasn't so positive about it. Been listening to this for a few days now while jogging and I have to say that it's a dope album from top to bottom. Not your typical mainstream album with random tracks thrown together, he tried to make a cohesive album with a theme to it (his life story) and I think he succeeded. Even the skits aren't pointless but serve as some sort of narrator between tracks.

As far as Maino, he might not be a super MC but he's a quality songwriter with a good ear for beats. I've read that he only sold 18.000 copies which is a shame, if this was released in the 03 Curtis era he would've sold a lot more (his style is similar to 50's).
Only already established rappers sell records now

Blood$

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
I almost missed out on this one and would've never checked if The Leak with his acquired taste wasn't so positive about it. Been listening to this for a few days now while jogging and I have to say that it's a dope album from top to bottom. Not your typical mainstream album with random tracks thrown together, he tried to make a cohesive album with a theme to it (his life story) and I think he succeeded. Even the skits aren't pointless but serve as some sort of narrator between tracks.

As far as Maino, he might not be a super MC but he's a quality songwriter with a good ear for beats. I've read that he only sold 18.000 copies which is a shame, if this was released in the 03 Curtis era he would've sold a lot more (his style is similar to 50's).

+1, I been bumpin' this at the gym as well, or when I'm just cruisin'  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
I like the fact that it's cohesive and the skits fit well as Meho said, but I can't really get too much into it. No bad trakcs (minus a small handful) but many 3/5 tracks.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »
I like that its an album.It has a very cohesive feel with the whole cinematic story feel to it.Most albums nowadays just feel like random songs thrown together.its not a great album but well worth the listen