Author Topic: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?  (Read 2312 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
yeah i havent read that part about the gays but how can the bible say that and then the gay people turn around and asked to be treated by way of the bible? lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:39 PM »
The bible says gays should be put to death (Leviticus  20:13)
children who curse their parents should be put to death (Leviticus 20:9)
anyone who doesn't worship god should be put to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

this is where you get your morals from?

How about you use something Jesus said to prove your point. All that shit was from Moses and Jesus called Moses a liar. We aren't jews debating the bible against you. We are christians.

LMAO....Christians, Jews it doesn't fucking matter. Both follow the Old Testament. Are you trying to say you are denying half of the holy doctrine your religion follows?

The new Testament is the 2nd part of the bible, not a replacement. Idiot...

I've denied it my whole Christian life. I'm Orthodox, not Protestant you twit. Our only use for the Torah is to show that it was prophecy for Jesus to come. Everything we believe in as Orthodox Christians. Everything we follow, worship, and pray with depends only on the New Testament and after. Where I stray from the pack is that I don't take antyhing Paul said that Jesus didn't say as unreliable. Jesus was the complete emodiment of God. The alpha and omega. Why would he leave anything out and need Paul to add to it? None of my priests could answer that for me to my satisfaction.

Do you even know what Orthodox means? You're the twit as the old testament is recognized by the Orthodox church. You to deny this would be unorthodox.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 07:32:49 AM »

How about you use something Jesus said to prove your point. All that shit was from Moses and Jesus called Moses a liar. We aren't jews debating the bible against you. We are christians.

LMAO....Christians, Jews it doesn't fucking matter. Both follow the Old Testament. Are you trying to say you are denying half of the holy doctrine your religion follows?

I've denied it my whole Christian life. I'm Orthodox, not Protestant you twit. Our only use for the Torah is to show that it was prophecy for Jesus to come. Everything we believe in as Orthodox Christians. Everything we follow, worship, and pray with depends only on the New Testament and after. Where I stray from the pack is that I don't take antyhing Paul said that Jesus didn't say as unreliable. Jesus was the complete emodiment of God. The alpha and omega. Why would he leave anything out and need Paul to add to it? None of my priests could answer that for me to my satisfaction.

Do you even know what Orthodox means? You're the twit as the old testament is recognized by the Orthodox church. You to deny this would be unorthodox.

So now you're going to tell me the practises of my church? The one I've been going to since birth. The oldest Christian Church that still exists to this day. I've been to liturgy more times than I can count. On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. Not one time have I ever heard one mention of Moses, or King David. The preist never quotes Leviticus, or Exodus. There have even been movements with in the Church for centuries to outright remove the Old Testament from the Bibles in the Church. Like I said, the only use the Orthodox church ever has for the Torah and anything associated with it is to show Jews that Jesus was the prophecy.

So to answer a question of yours that I didn't before; yes the Gospel was an upgrade, not merely an addition. Read both books and you'll see what I mean.

ikke

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 08:00:22 AM »

So now you're going to tell me the practises of my church? The one I've been going to since birth. The oldest Christian Church that still exists to this day. I've been to liturgy more times than I can count. On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc. Not one time have I ever heard one mention of Moses, or King David. The preist never quotes Leviticus, or Exodus. There have even been movements with in the Church for centuries to outright remove the Old Testament from the Bibles in the Church. Like I said, the only use the Orthodox church ever has for the Torah and anything associated with it is to show Jews that Jesus was the prophecy.

So to answer a question of yours that I didn't before; yes the Gospel was an upgrade, not merely an addition. Read both books and you'll see what I mean.

isn't the orthodox christian religion the russian thing?
or similar to that

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »

isn't the orthodox christian religion the russian thing?
or similar to that

They're a few of them. Greek, Russian, Ethiopian, Coptic, etc. They all slightly differ because they can't seem to agree on a few things and they all claim to be the first Church. It's complicated.

ikke

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
They're a few of them. Greek, Russian, Ethiopian, Coptic, etc. They all slightly differ because they can't seem to agree on a few things and they all claim to be the first Church. It's complicated.
all came from the byzantine empire iirc.
the one the kathlics were fighting with at some point in history.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2009, 08:52:10 AM »
all came from the byzantine empire iirc.
the one the kathlics were fighting with at some point in history.

Not all. The Ethiopians had their own kingdom and own roots to establish pretty much the same church.

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »
ikke for someone who doesn't like Goid you sure ask abunch of questions.........

ikke

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
ikke for someone who doesn't like Goid you sure ask abunch of questions.........
I'm just curious :P

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2009, 11:31:44 AM »
I know ikke enquiring minds want to know ;)