Author Topic: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?  (Read 2267 times)

ikke

Re: Why do people follow the bible and take it seriously?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »
I don't agree with everything in the bible, but it teachers morals.
Morals are what differentiates us from animals

Somewhat. For one, there is no black and white when it comes to morals. One mans morals might be anothers evils and they could both be right. There are some people out there that are able to take the bible, or any other religious book, and simply use it to better themselves without all the other bullshit. But thats a rare individual. Most people feel they cannot question things in their bible without also questioning their god lol.  One could easily say the bible teaches people to judge, and even hate others who dont believe what you do.
yes but those people lack uhm whats the word.... oh right.. intelligence

People don't realize that those books were written in different times.
Like the Jihad, that was because Mohamed was hunted on in his own time. It was just a way to survive.
Jews can't eat pork because the thora says it. The thora says it because some time in Jewish history people were getting sick off the pork, people would only stop eating it when 'god' said it.

The most hypocritical thing in the bible is the 'no gambling' rule. In this one story in the bible God actually has a bet with Satan to prove Satan that people will be loyal to God eventhough god might have to take loved ones away from them. (the story with JOB)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »
..parables and learn lessons about life from them..
I agree.

I believe The Bible whole heartily, of course not word for word, becuz it's logically been edited over centuries, as it went thru different languages and all, but I do believe in it, regardless. I quote it. Live by it. I think it's a great read. I love that shit. I love inspiration. I think that shit is great. I don't imagine a person who believes in God is weak-minded, I consider them to be strong-minded to have faith in somethang unseen. Now don't get me wrong niggas, there's different kinds of people and religious nutz out there who take it to a whole nother level. I personally think Born Again Christians are fuckin' crazy, in my honest opinion to name one. LOL. But if you a sensible human and could take the overall meaning of it into consideration, good for you. Really.

My thought process is like, how could you deny God? Like for real. Spirituality is a good look to me. I salute people men. Faith is important to have in ya life. If you need it, too. The Bible do say that faith is the substance of things hoped for and it's the evidence of things not seen. So fuck, I guess at this day and age, it shows you got SOME kind of strength to trust in somethang that the naked eye can't see.

I don't know. I love negro spirituals. I love old fashioned gospel songs. I love when people look to God honestly for themselves, not ones who just do it, to DO IT, you know what I'm sayin'? Preachers are wack. From all religions. They are more hypocritical than any of the followers. That's why I say, you gots to read The Bible for YOU. Read yourself. Find meaning in it for YOUR self. Interrupt it for YOUR self.

Shitttt, ya'll can argue how hypocritical these people are, 'followers of God', I'm FUCKIN' WIT YOU. I'm wit you. Trust in that. People who go to Church. People who pray....for just themselves. All these people who claim to be 'believers' but who disobey all God's laws. I don't care how much you use the excuse of human nature. Ya know. I can understand that.

Yeah I do have my opinions about Atheists, obviously as a person who do believe in God. But I mean everybody has rights and are entitled to beliefs so I can't say much, really. I ain't one of those people to push anythang on anybody, I don't like them preachers and Bible quoters who go around lookin' dumb, talkin' dumb. You can be just as faithful by sittin' in your bedroom all alone, havin' a one on one.

From another view...I won't front, I go back and forth wit it all the time. Like for one whole week I'll be constantly praying and living by a verse or somethang and than the next week get real discouraged and forget about it, until maybe another week and get a change of hope again. Not that I'm becoming agnostic or nuthin' just becoming hopeless. But that's when you read it again. Inspiration.

Anyways, but yup, I'm one of them who reads The Bible and takes it seriously so...hey. There's my opinions in type.

If you're wondering why people don't believe in the bible. My thought process is this. man is infallible. We know this. Man has lied and made stuff up before, and done fucked up things. This goes on everywhere, no matter how holy a place claims to be. (the Catholic Church and the child molestations for example). Now you have to imagine that this kind of thing is worse the further back in history we go (though it may not seem like it at times, we are making progress as a society). Not to mention people were a lot more gullible back then (people believed in witchcraft not too long ago). If some guy wrote a book in today's society and said it was the word of god we would all laugh at him. In my mind there's a good reason to doubt its authenticity.
Which is fair enuff.

..and simply use it to better themselves without all the other bullshit.
Exactly, exactly, exactly.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 07:49:41 PM »
I think Dead Prez said it best:

Man made god, outta ignorance and fear
If God made man, then why the hell would he put us here?
I thought hes supposed to be the all loving
The same God who let hitler put the jews in the oven
We dont fall for the regular shit, they try to feed us
All this half-ass leadership, flippin position
They turn politcian and shut the hell up and follow tradition
For your tv screen, is telling lies to your vision
Every channel got some brainwashed cop shit to watch
Running up in niggas cribs claiming that they heard shots
Its a plot, but busta can you tell me whos greedier?
Big corporations, the pigs or the media?
Sign of the times, terrorism on the rise
Commercial airplanes, falling out the sky like flies
Make me wonder what secrets went down with bob brown (? )
Who burnt churches to the ground with no evidence found?
Its not coincidence, its been too many studied incidents
It coulda been the klan who put that bomb at the olympics
But it probably was the fbi, deep at the call
Cuz if they make us all panic then they can start martial law

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »
The Bible gives people a sense of security

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »
People follow it for all the wrong reasons. Mainly fear.  Kids believe in Santa Claus because they are afraid they wont get the presents the want at Christmas...until some adult explains to them that Santa is not real. He is make believe.  Imagine if there were no rational adults to explain that to young children. They'd become adults that believed in such a ridiculous idea of a fat man from the North Pole watching over everyone to see who's naughty and nice, and swoops down in one night to bring presents to EVERYone lol. Seems so silly for adults to believe such an obviously made up character huh?  Not like God and that Jesus character. Their existence makes so much more sense... :-\

So if an adult never told you Santa wasn't real you'd still believe in Santa?

I guess you're as stupid as your post is then. Most kids I grew up with just figured out Santa wasn't real. We didn't need a sit down explanation. Kids simply outgrow certain things. Scoffing at the idea of God when many of the world's most reasonable and intelligent people belive in God is simply ignorant on your part. Santa was made up as a story and admitted as such. By all historical accounts the early Christians believed in Jesus and died for real to promote them. It was never implied anywhere in history that Jesus was allegory to them and they didn't really believe. No one died defending Kris Kringle.

ikke

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
the truth

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
there are a couple of reasons why people believe in this shit. one is fear. people are afraid of death. they are afraid of what could happen to them. other people believe they will get more out of life if they believe...you know like it cures depression. then you got people who've always believed...they became brainwashed at an early age and there really is no turning bacc. out of these three i'd say fear is probably the strongest. niggas is bitches. thats how it's always been. humans are weak and when you think about it it's really not surprising they invented this thing called god...i'm sure it makes people feel good all over the world. but why feel good about bullshit?. why not accept reality and live your life like a real nigga would. let a playa play nigga.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
blue...
you feel better about being an atheist?

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »
blue...
people are just as wrong for being religious as you are for being atheist

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
blue...

its the best thing homie...you dont worry about death...you just accept shit the way it is. if anything being an atheist is the most liberating thing. thats how i see it..if niggas wanna believe in god..fine..believe in god. just leave me out of it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
there are a couple of reasons why people believe in this shit. one is fear. people are afraid of death. they are afraid of what could happen to them. other people believe they will get more out of life if they believe...you know like it cures depression. then you got people who've always believed...they became brainwashed at an early age and there really is no turning bacc. out of these three i'd say fear is probably the strongest. niggas is bitches. thats how it's always been. humans are weak and when you think about it it's really not surprising they invented this thing called god...i'm sure it makes people feel good all over the world. but why feel good about bullshit?. why not accept reality and live your life like a real nigga would. let a playa play nigga.

Weak to believe in somethang unseen? Nah, nigga, that requires strength, to base somethang around pure faith.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
blue...

its the best thing homie...you dont worry about death...you just accept shit the way it is. if anything being an atheist is the most liberating thing. thats how i see it..if niggas wanna believe in god..fine..believe in god. just leave me out of it.

You don't worry about death? So if you're chilling in the park enjoying the day and some dude rolls up and starts firing shots every where, you're just going to sit tight and not care if a bullet hits you? Or are you going to find cover and avoid getting hit? Just about everyone is afraid of death and value their life. Religious people just take it a step further and want to make sure they don't die after they die.

I've said something in an older thread that sums up what I want to say again;

We have so much and bask in it that we can easily just live our lives to the fullest. Go tell some kid who is going to live his entire life in a caged off garbage dump picking scraps and giving them to his masters for food and to avoid being tortured to "stop worrying and enjoy your life". I don't know if there is a God, but I sure as fuck hope there's one. Not for me. If I live my 80+ years in the lifestyle I live it maybe when it's all over I won't care if there's a God. But there are hundreds of millions to billions of people that really suffer ann don't have time to debate theologies. They just suffer, and they hope there's a God.

So go scoff at those that believe in a better life. Laugh at them. Feel sorry for them for being stupid. Whatver you want. But you've never faced endless suffering. You get to sit in front of a computer and browse the web. There are young children in the world sold as sex slaves from 3 or 4 years old an dieing of STDs before they ever even hit puberty. Go tell them not to sweat death. Tell them that they can liberate themselves by accepting that there's no God.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
but then the person thats "teachin" the biblbe to others is molestin kids etc....thats secure lol

the truth
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »
but then the person thats "teachin" the biblbe to others is molestin kids etc....thats secure lol

the truth
Being a reveren is just a great way to meet little children

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 02:17:57 AM »
call me old school or retarded or whatever you want...
i love my religion and I keep it cause I am a loyal believer...
helps me structure my life better...