Author Topic: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)  (Read 5199 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »
i think it goes Royce = Joey = Crooked > Joell in the group; that's how i look at it as individual rappers.

on an average basis song in & song out; Crooked I > Royce > Joey = Joell.

seems like everybody's argument or opinon on Joey go by his verses in Slaughterhouse though; really makes me question how many of you heard Halfway House or Padded Room lol.

So you think Joey performs better on his own than with other rappers? Because I think the only way to tell who is a better rapper is to put them on the same track together, and Crooked and Royce both come off better than Joe 4/5 times...

well you can have your way of judging rappers, but i'll go with Nuk because you CLEARLY need to hear albums or individual material to make that point lol.

With battle rappers that is the case.But budden is a better writer then lyricist.He has great concept tracks,great story telling ability,deep and introspective tracks.Joe is a very well rounded emcee.I think he excells in different areas then Royce and crook and joell.

co-sign.

Joey is a deeper rapper than the other 3, but Crooked is a better lyricist, Royce is an amazing lyricist with tons of emotion & Joell is another dope lyricist with a lot of passion on the mic.

but the other three can't make a songs like Exxxes or In My Sleep; i don't think they can anyway.

but all three are amazing, so comparing them isn't even fair; in my opinon the four best rappers putting in work today. 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »
With battle rappers that is the case.But budden is a better writer then lyricist.He has great concept tracks,great story telling ability,deep and introspective tracks.Joe is a very well rounded emcee.I think he excells in different areas then Royce and crook and joell.

But doesn't everyone hype Budden as an amazing battle rapper? I know dukes a good emcee, but his flow and delivery just aren't up there enough for me to wanna listen to his lyrics in depth

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »
Joe budden is so horrible. Seriously he is fucking up slaughterhouse with his tabloid bullshit. Royce is prolly embarrassed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
Joe budden is so horrible.

can i nominate this for a Dubcc award? it deserves "worst post of the year" or something along those lines. :laugh:

whose your favorite rapper bud?

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »
itd be supa great if GZA drop a diss on dat fool

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
Joe budden is so horrible.

can i nominate this for a Dubcc award? it deserves "worst post of the year" or something along those lines. :laugh:

whose your favorite rapper bud?

"Horrible" even lol

jeanmiche777

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2009, 09:26:39 PM »
Joe budden is so horrible. Seriously he is fucking up slaughterhouse with his tabloid bullshit. Royce is prolly embarrassed.

'EclipZe

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »
so, are there any songs out already? or just this bullshit..

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2009, 06:11:58 AM »
Royce has shown he can make songs like Exxes with Part of Me.

Royce is easily the most rounded artist of the group.  Though,  I think Budden's going to change some opinion with his new album.

I don't know what to say about Crooked-I because he hasn't been a great solo artist.  Top not lyricist especially with the pre-written freestyles but beyond that...

Mr.Ortiz has the potential to be a legend when it's all said and done.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
these 10 joe budden fans in the world are so gay .  they dont get it that joe budden is a nobody

why are there thousands of posters at joe buddentv.com??  its ok to not like him, thats ok - but hes clearly more of a "somebody" than 95 % of the rappers on west
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2009, 10:18:38 AM »

Royce is easily the most rounded artist of the group.  Though,  I think Budden's going to change some opinion with his new album.

I don't know what to say about Crooked-I because he hasn't been a great solo artist.  Top not lyricist especially with the pre-written freestyles but beyond that...

ehhhhh, Part of Me is a story telling thing; Exxxes had some people saying "why did he make a song about violent sex?" while that song was about how the person he use to be will always still be their, even if he is somebody new now.

but i can't front; Royce is probably the most rounded, but i don't know if he can hold a whole album like Budden just did (that's a serious statement btw, not a groupie defense thing lol).

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »

but i can't front; Royce is probably the most rounded, but i don't know if he can hold a whole album like Budden just did (that's a serious statement btw, not a groupie defense thing lol).
he has yet to prove it, but i think Street Hop is gonna be the one  8)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »

i fuckin' hope so, i am basically equal stan to Budden & Royce. :P

that EP was fuckin' sick, even with 4 tracks.

this album should be a great one. 8)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2009, 12:39:35 PM »

i fuckin' hope so, i am basically equal stan to Budden & Royce. :P

that EP was fuckin' sick, even with 4 tracks.

this album should be a great one. 8)
Premier brings out the best in him, and he has stepped his game up since Slaughterhouse was formed, so I have high hopes  :D
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

JohnnyL

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
 I'm thinking this Inspectah Deck situation will probably be addressed on that lp that Budden is supposed to drop in a couple weeks.  It would kind of make sense that it shows up on his solo stuff. That way it might avoid implicating the rest of Slaughterhouse in this beef.  That's if he even decides to address the situation at all.