Author Topic: Tha Row article - Jay Z on Crooked I`s debut album?  (Read 1446 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tha Row article - Jay Z on Crooked I`s debut album?
« on: October 25, 2002, 09:19:46 PM »

Tha Row Puttin' In Work

Posted Friday, October 25, 2002 by Uncut2000
If there is such a thing as being away in the rap game, Tha Row Records is doing exactly that. Suge Knight's label who prides itself on its signature in-house production and in-house records is going outside as of late. Crooked I, Tha Row's number one act and hopeful soon to be superstar will star on the "Baby Remix" with Ashanti Douglass on the upcoming Murder Inc. album "Irv Gotti Presents...The Remixes." Row rapper Eastwood, is on the upcoming Rappin 4-Tay album titled "Gangsta Gumbo" on a cut titled "Burnin Burnin." Other Row upcomer Young Spider Loc appears alongside label mate Eastwood on the jam "All About My Dollars" on the "Vegas Hog Livin'" album released earlier this month by Space Hog The Boss. Tha Row's Big 3 (Eastwood, Kurupt, and Crooked I) also recorded a track some time ago with Benzino alongside business partners Murder Inc. titled "Go Hard."

Speaking of going outside, Tha Row has never gone East for a large amount of guest appearances until now. "The west don't feel the same, I don't care what any body says, it don't feel like it did when Death Row was doing they're thing." Crooked I planned to make a statement to his coast with his upcoming album by not only restoring it, but going outside to the East Coast with guest appearances such as Ja Rule, Caddillac Tah, The Lox, Sisqo of Dru Hill, and possibly Jay-Z. Crooked I eluded to the weakness of his coast and need to restore it by stating with a laugh, "...there ain't that many things going on over here right now. Who else on the West Coast right now am I feeling, that's a shame man there just ain't that many." Tha Row will not be going with the Darren Vegas and Cold187um assisted track "So Damn Hood" for the first single and has decided on a new cut to hit the radio with for the album. Be on the lookout in the near future for a brand new exclusive interview with StreetHop that Crooked I conducted with our site.

Tha Row also geared the success for upcoming albums by Jay-Z, Toni Braxton, Ja Rule, and Nas. Toni Braxton has an Irv Gotti produced track which samples the "Me And My Girlfriend" classic on Death Row Tupac's "Makaveli The Don: Killuminati The 7 Day Theory" album. As well as Gotti working behind the boards with the classic, Jay-Z also samples the hit and sings the same chorus that Tupac carried on the track. The Jay-Z cut is called "Bonnie & Clyde" and includes a great guest performance by Beoynce Knowells of Destiny's Child. Both tracks are the first singles on their upcoming albums. Suge Knight also cleared the way for his close friend and business partner Irv Gotti's Murder Inc. label to use Tupac material on the upcoming Ja Rule album titled "My Last Temptation," as well as the upcoming Nas album.

With Knight going outside of the label and relying on guest appearances to assist in promoting his new acts, his at heart in-house tactics still remain. Being the first label to spout the famous chain necklaces behind their roster's necks and the first gangsta artists to hit the mainstream radio, Knight has kept his label's originality in tact. On Tha Row's upcoming albums by N.I.N.A., Tupac, and Crooked I, they all contain Tha Row's signature in-house production team. Expect Crooked I's Triple 7 Crew, which is Jim Gettolium (Get Um), Darren Vegas, and Crooked I himself. Look for Monster-O of the Boo Ya Tribe to lace some beats as well. Business partner Irv Gotti also gears up a few bangers for the late Tupac. All three albums include guest appearances by Tha Row's in-house artists Crooked I, Eastwood, Danny Boy, and Row vice-president and rapper Kurupt.

Tha Row Records, also known as Death Row Records, has sold over 60 million records since it first debuted with its first album "The Chronic" in 1992. One thing you can expect with Tha Row is a killer roster, and Suge Knight is entering the new era with just that once again. The current roster includes star rapper Kurupt, Eastwood, Spider Loc, veteran R&B act Danny Boy, and future star hopeful Crooked I.

Tha Row Records is back in stores November 26 with the Tupac double album "Better Dayz." After Tupac drops, next on the schedule is the late N.I.N.A. followed by Crooked I in mid/late January on his "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" debut album.

..//www.StreetHop.com

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
Re:Tha Row article - Jay Z on Crooked I`s debut album?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2002, 10:29:49 PM »
good update, aint too much of a jay-z fan though. i just can't wait til crooked i finally drops, and that suge does some good promotion for it.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

teecee

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2002, 11:18:55 PM »
All i can say is, Crooked I's album will be alright, i thought that the original version of So Dame Hood coulda been a HUGE single if there was actually a video....once they watered it down and killed the beat, it sucked.  

Also, that is bullshit that Suge cleared more tupac matrerial to be used on Ja and NAs' album.  I don't wanna hear Nas doing that shit, whether it be a sample or a remake.  Nas is good enough on his own that he shouldn't have to jack/

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2002, 11:51:36 PM »
that update is nothing new that we didnt know before, im waiting for real update from tharow.
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 02:13:43 AM »
man 2 many guest for a solo cd

tracc

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2002, 03:47:49 AM »
Jay-Z should take care to come to the west because of "me an my girlfriend" ;D
He should stay in NY.

To all you bitch made niggas, I'm comin for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fuck you is, nigga
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
Hell no I ain't forgot nigga
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money behind me
Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 05:56:59 AM »
He should stay in NY.

hehe
feeln ya on this one tracc
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

AntoCorsa

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2002, 06:30:06 AM »
He should stay in NY.
He betta walk different streets than Treach too, lol.

Myrealname

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2002, 06:38:14 AM »
He should stay in NY.
lol?

AntoCorsa

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2002, 06:40:23 AM »
lol?
Yeah, lol. Mmmmm... this! ;D

Have you read Treach's interview where he talks about Jay-Z?

Myrealname

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2002, 06:41:43 AM »
Yeah,treach can beat jay'z ass in a few second.
I'd like to see a fight between these 2 dudes...

AntoCorsa

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2002, 06:42:57 AM »
Me too!

tracc

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2002, 10:56:19 AM »
He should stay in NY.

Hehe thats it.
treach should beat his fuckin ass off the streets.
To all you bitch made niggas, I'm comin for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fuck you is, nigga
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
Hell no I ain't forgot nigga
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money behind me
Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

Jome

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2002, 08:22:58 PM »
Oh no, Jay Z is gonna be on the Crooked I-album, we're all gonna die!  :(
Jay Z is god MC compared to Ja Rule & them other fools they gonna put on the Crooked-cd.

eNgIeS

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2002, 12:23:22 AM »
First off, wheres this Treach interview & what exactly does he say

2nd off, Suge used to be dissing Jay Z & Nas all the time. But now they fuckin with him, he like claims there gangsta & shit.

Suge is the biggest hypocrite. 4 months before Kurupt went back to tha Row Suge was all in the Source saying Kurupts wack now he was never a gangsta he was in an RNB group before Death Row. But then when Kurupt comes back to Tha Row Suge does a 180

Suge aint evil, he's just stupid