Author Topic: Russian pigs continue human rights violations in Chechnya  (Read 256 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Russian pigs continue human rights violations in Chechnya
« on: October 28, 2002, 10:00:27 AM »
(New York, April 10, 2002) -- Russian forces have raped and sexually assaulted women during winter operations in Chechnya, Human Rights Watch charged today.
Five women have told Human Rights Watch researchers about incidents of sexual violence they endured earlier this year. Three of the women tried to report the assaults to local authorities who refused to investigate the allegations.
During so-called "sweep" operations, when Russian forces conduct house-to-house searches for those believed to be involved in Chechen rebel activity, male relatives often leave their villages for safer locations to reduce the risk of arbitrary arrest, torture, and "disappearances." However, without men in the house, women become more vulnerable to soldiers intent on sexual assault.

The social and cultural barriers to reporting sexual violence are high in Chechnya.

"The Russian government is telling the world that life is returning to normal in Chechnya," said Elizabeth Andersen, executive director of Human Rights Watch's Europe and Central Asia division. "But it hasn't brought anyone to justice for these terrible crimes of sexual violence."

Andersen urged the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, now meeting in Geneva, to adopt a resolution condemning Russian abuses in Chechnya. In the past two years, the Commission has adopted strongly worded resolutions on the Chechnya conflict, condemning violations of international human rights and humanitarian law, and calling on Russia to establish a national commission of inquiry and bring abusers to justice. The Russian government has rejected both resolutions.

http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/04/chechnya041002.htm
------------------------------------------------------------

(Geneva, March 14, 2002) -- The Russian government has once again refused to comply with the requirements of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, which must firmly act to end the ongoing atrocities in Chechnya, Human Rights Watch said today. The organization made the appeal on the eve of the Commission's annual six-week meeting, which will start in Geneva on Monday, March 18.

The Commission will hold its first session since the attacks in the United States on September 11. Human Rights Watch noted that a number of governments have cynically tried to take advantage of the anti-terrorist struggle to justify or intensify their own crackdowns on political opponents, armed insurgencies, or religious groups. The organization called on the Commission to monitor the effect of anti-terrorism measures on the observance of human rights.
Human Rights Watch also noted that this year's Commission again has an unusually high number of abusive governments among its 53 members. Members this year include Algeria, Bahrain, Burundi, China, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Indonesia, Kenya, Libya, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Togo, Uganda and Vietnam. Human Rights Watch called for an international inquiry to investigate abuses in Chechnya and establish an official record of violations committed by both sides during the conflict.

"Russian forces continue to commit atrocities in Chechnya," said Reed Brody, Advocacy Director of Human Rights Watch. "For the past two years, the Commission has asked Russia to rein in its forces and bring abusers to justice. In light of the Russian government's failure to comply, the Commission must now act."

In 2000 and 2001, the Commission called on Russia to conduct an investigation of abuses by its forces and to allow designated U.N. human rights investigators and rapporteurs to monitor human rights on the ground. Russia has invited the special rapporteur on violence against women and a special investigator on children in armed conflict. But it has persistently refused to invite investigators on torture, forced disappearances, and extrajudicial executions, which are at the heart of the cycle of abuse in Chechnya. Not a single high-level commander has had to answer for atrocities.

http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/03/unchr031402.htm

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Russian pigs continue human rights violations in Chechnya
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2002, 10:02:05 AM »
so Dubya, you fuckin crackhead, what are you gonna do about these Russian "evildoers" who are perpetrating "evil"?

huh? reward them with fat contracts in Iraq, and a free hand to do what ever the fuck they want in Chechnya in exchange for Russian support of a war on Iraq?

This is the nature of the threat
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2002, 10:11:17 AM »
Human Rights Watch also noted that this year's Commission again has an unusually high number of abusive governments among its 53 members. Members this year include Algeria, Bahrain, Burundi, China, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Indonesia, Kenya, Libya, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Togo, Uganda and Vietnam.

::)

Yo This is pretty fucked up but this typa shit happens anytime a group of soldiers trying to crackdown on enemy territory or a rebel territory or whatever (they got dicks), its pretty fucked up though

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 10:25:15 AM »
^ agree with your statement, this shit is inevitable in a personal conflcit such as this one, and yes, Ill be the first to admit Pakistani military ties with Muslim fundementalists

but tell me Rap Quake, u dont justify the treatment of Chechen civilians do u?

- Lewis Carroll

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 10:31:34 AM »
Im not too educated on the conflict(as I should be)...from my little knowledge no i don't justify their treatment if this article represents that

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 09:42:46 PM »
Well, they're animals....I know that american soldiers used to do shit like this in Nam...I am proud to say that I know  one army in the whole world that I know for sure wouldn't let some shit like this bypass.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2002, 09:43:59 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 07:27:52 AM »
That's really fucked up. It just keeps on happenin again and again :-\