Author Topic: Lamar Odom has agreed to sign with...  (Read 807 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Re: Lamar Odom has agreed to sign with...
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
it should turn out to be worth that month long negiotation wait.... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
bottom line is, PLEASE don't try to compare Lamar Slowdom to Kevin "Hall of Fame, Allstar" Mchale anymore

How is Odom slow? LOL......Lamar will make the hall of fame if we threepeat with him on the team. 8)

Wait what did the you say?? hall of fame? LOL!!

the basketball hall of fame is not only for superstars...there are players who've played integral roles in dynasties who have made it just because they were such a big part of that dynasty...if this laker team becomes a dynasty, lamar odom will be like our james worthy...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
^He's just trying to save face.

At least this article confirms that he Heat-offer was less lucrative. So gobble on these, Niko.

are you retarded? lmao...34 mill with all years guaranteed and no state tax taken out>33 mill with the last year being a team option and state tax taken out....holy shit, man, you're an idiot LOL

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
Listen nigga cause Ima only be saying it one more fucking time.

The initial Laker offer was 27/3 with 3 of the 4th year guarented. Which makes it 30/3 or 36/4. Which is an offer far superior to the 34/5 from the Heat, state tax considered. Stop acting like he would retire after 3 years with the Lakers. He'd definitly get another deal worth about 10 over 3 years.

The current Laker offer is whacker, and he still took it cause he never really intended to play with the Heat.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
bottom line is, PLEASE don't try to compare Lamar Slowdom to Kevin "Hall of Fame, Allstar" Mchale anymore

How is Odom slow? LOL......Lamar will make the hall of fame if we threepeat with him on the team. 8)

the basketball hall of fame is not only for superstars...there are players who've played integral roles in dynasties who have made it just because they were such a big part of that dynasty...if this laker team becomes a dynasty, lamar odom will be like our james worthy...PeACe

I don't know much about the nba hall of fame but I do know that for football and baseball it's more about the player, and not the team. I just can't picture odom in the hall of fame

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

I don't know much about the nba hall of fame but I do know that for football and baseball it's more about the player, and not the team. I just can't picture odom in the hall of fame

lol if odom had his on team built around him, he would be a hall of famer no doubt.  6 ft 10, can dribble, pass, shoot, has good post up game, can get 20 points per game can play all the spots on the court except center.

put him on a shitty team instead of a superstar studded roster like the lakers and he'll be puttin up superstar numbers. imo

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2009, 01:44:53 PM »

The initial Laker offer was 27/3 with 3 of the 4th year guarented. Which makes it 30/3 or 36/4. Which is an offer far superior to the 34/5 from the Heat, state tax considered. Stop acting like he would retire after 3 years with the Lakers. He'd definitly get another deal worth about 10 over 3 years.

The current Laker offer is whacker, and he still took it cause he never really intended to play with the Heat.

listen, germany, cause im gunna say this one more time

our initial offer was pulled off the table and replaced with a lesser one. our offer=4 years/33 million with 3 years of that being guaranteed and tax removed. heat offer=5 years/34 million with all 5 years being guaranteed and no tax removed. even if we picked up the option on the 4th year, he'd still get a max of 33 million (with tax removed), which is still far less than 34 million (without tax removed).............read that over and over until you understand which offer is for more money.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2009, 01:47:16 PM »

lol if odom had his on team built around him, he would be a hall of famer no doubt.  6 ft 10, can dribble, pass, shoot, has good post up game, can get 20 points per game can play all the spots on the court except center.

put him on a shitty team instead of a superstar studded roster like the lakers and he'll be puttin up superstar numbers. imo

every star caliber player who is part of a dynasty has potential to make the hall of fame..no doubt, odom could be averaging 20-10-5 as a first option on another team, but he'd have even less of a chance to make the hall of fame with that role than he does being a key part of a dynasty.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2009, 04:27:35 AM »

listen, germany, cause im gunna say this one more time

our initial offer was pulled off the table and replaced with a lesser one. our offer=4 years/33 million with 3 years of that being guaranteed and tax removed. heat offer=5 years/34 million with all 5 years being guaranteed and no tax removed. even if we picked up the option on the 4th year, he'd still get a max of 33 million (with tax removed), which is still far less than 34 million (without tax removed).............read that over and over until you understand which offer is for more money.

why are you pretending that he would retire after the laker contract is up? i'd must rather get paid 27 million for 3 years than 34 for 5. unless i think of myself as a complete bum in 3 years, im confident to make more money in the long run if i take the shorter offer for significantly more scrilla per year.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:56 AM »
7even i have to disagree. Lamar will be 33 in 3 years, and he still has back problems and pain. I doubt he could have signed a contract better than 7 millions per 2 years (being 33 years old, i mean). Plus he'll compete for the Championship in L.A. in those 5 years, he has kids going to school in L.A., he spent 9 years of his life/career in L.A., L.A. is a place as good as Miami.. i mean.. c'mon.. it's a good deal for him.

The only one who got a "cheap" contract is Artest, imho. But he just wanted to play with Kobe and to win a title, so it's all good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
^LOL, foreal.....If Iverson can't get more than the vets min at age 33, what makes you think Odom can? and who's to say he doesn't suffer a career ending injury within those 3 years? point is, he was offered more guaranteed money with the Heat, and that's what the argument was about, so quit tryna twist it up.....PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
^Iverson is anything but an intangible guy - he's virtually worthless once he loses his solo dominance. Odom is a totally different story: with his versatility and soft personality he can do all the little things once he lost his athleticism.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
^Iverson is anything but an intangible guy - he's virtually worthless once he loses his solo dominance. Odom is a totally different story: with his versatility and soft personality he can do all the little things once he lost his athleticism.

the initial argument was which contract was for more money......and you argued that for some time before you realized you were wrong. now that you know you're wrong, you're tryna twist up what were discussing LOL. regardless, i cant say what will happen after the first three years (in which he'll actually only earn $24.6 mill [minus taxes], not the $27 mill I originally thought)....but i can say that he was guaranteed A LOT more money with the Heat offer, and that's a fact............PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »
LOL I aint twisting shit nigga. I'm just saying that Odom can get a decent contract in 3 years, unlike Iverson.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
LOL I aint twisting shit nigga. I'm just saying that Odom can get a decent contract in 3 years, unlike Iverson.

just admit you were wrong, LOL