Author Topic: "I will be in the Hall of Fame"  (Read 467 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
"I will be in the Hall of Fame"
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »
said by none other than the legendary Vince Young! :laugh:

thisoneguy360

Re: "I will be in the Hall of Fame"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »
He's acting like an idiot but I feel for him cause it seems like he's been lost for years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »
He's acting like an idiot but I feel for him cause it seems like he's been lost for years.

you think anyone in the HOF today sat their first 4-5 years on the bench as a backup? :laugh:

but yeah, what the fuck is wrong with this guy?

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
^He's entering his 4th year and I for one haven't forgotten his rookie year. The guy is like 22? 23? He has plenty time. I really hope he comes back hard and shuts everyone up. If so, you won't hear the end of it from me :laugh:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:26:41 PM »

you think anyone in the HOF today sat their first 4-5 years on the bench as a backup? :laugh:

Steve Young.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
doh
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 05:14:27 PM »

Steve Young.

really? didn't know that. :-[

but regardless, he will never win; you need a traditional pocket QB to win; no one this decade has won with a McNabb/Vick type QB; well McNabb came close, but didn't.

actually probably more than just this decade, but i know this decade didn't have any lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »

Steve Young.

really? didn't know that. :-[

but regardless, he will never win; you need a traditional pocket QB to win; no one this decade has won with a McNabb/Vick type QB; well McNabb came close, but didn't.

actually probably more than just this decade, but i know this decade didn't have any lol.

That it exactly what they said about Young in his first few years. Young was a big name college QB who built his name with his legs but had a terrible football IQ. He was a great athlete with a huge buzz going into the draft, but he signed with the USFL and a garaunteed 40 million paid over 40 years (I think he's still getting paid as we speak). He played two seasons there, then signed with the Bucs when the USFL folded. He came in to the Bucs and posted a 3-16 win/loss record with 11 TDs and 21 INTs, for barely 2500 yarsd in the 1 and a half seasons he played there. He ran 400+ yards in his 14 games in season 2 with the Bucs though.

Anyway, Bill Walsh saw a raw talent that needed to be molded and took him on as back up from 87 to 90. Then in 91 the Niners cut Montana and named Young the starter. The rest his history.

Of course if he stayed on the Bucs we wouldn't even know his name right now, but if Joe Cool was on the Bucs we wouldn't know his name either. The point is a hall of fame career for a QB is almost always dependant on the team. The Titans win 2 or 3 SBs in the next ten years the way they play ball by running and defense and Vince plays the exact same way he's playing now, he'll make the hall of fame. Or he could sit and learn from the bench the next year or two and emerge a much smarter QB and earn his hall of fame spot himself. Anything can happen in the next ten seasons.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »
^but he also got advice/tips from the greatest QB of all time.

Vince has tape of Vick & Kerry Collins as a mentor. :P

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »

The greatest QB of all time doesn't get traded. What Young had was the mentorship of two of the greatest offensive minds in football history. First Walsh and then Mike Shanahan as OC when the season the Niners decided to trade Montana.

The Niners were a team built to win, and make QBs look good. Shit even Steve Bono looked like a stud when he got to start while Young was injured early in his career. We can debate how good Montana really was all night, but what's not debatable is that he had a rather minimal effect on Young's progress. Montana never had time to player teacher. Shanahan did, and that was the key to Young maturing.

My point is that if in the next couple years McDaniels is a bust in Denver and takes an OC job in Tenessee or is Weis gets dumped from Notre Dame and does the same, you'll see a completely different Titans offense and maybe a hell of a lot better Vince Young. Maybe we won't. I'm just saying the book is yet to be written on Vince Young.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »

The greatest QB of all time doesn't get traded. What Young had was the mentorship of two of the greatest offensive minds in football history. First Walsh and then Mike Shanahan as OC when the season the Niners decided to trade Montana.

The Niners were a team built to win, and make QBs look good. Shit even Steve Bono looked like a stud when he got to start while Young was injured early in his career. We can debate how good Montana really was all night, but what's not debatable is that he had a rather minimal effect on Young's progress. Montana never had time to player teacher. Shanahan did, and that was the key to Young maturing.

My point is that if in the next couple years McDaniels is a bust in Denver and takes an OC job in Tenessee or is Weis gets dumped from Notre Dame and does the same, you'll see a completely different Titans offense and maybe a hell of a lot better Vince Young. Maybe we won't. I'm just saying the book is yet to be written on Vince Young.

you're very optimistic, but i'm writing him off, until proven otherwise.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »
Way 2 early 2 write him off and as a poster said, his book hasn't been written. Dude is a phenomenal talent. Maybe not hall of fame, but I do think he can be the first black QB to win a super bowl. And McNair was his mentor, not Collins.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
he's still young enough to turn his career around..havin said that though,the shit will never happen

and props to shallow for bein up on steve young,#1 on my all-time list

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »
but I do think he can be the first black QB to win a super bowl.
second...doug williams beat him to being the first

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 09:40:56 PM »
but I do think he can be the first black QB to win a super bowl.
second...doug williams beat him to being the first
ah, my bad. The second  ;)