Author Topic: Out of all NBA niggas, Rashard is busted with Steroids.  (Read 399 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Out of all NBA niggas, Rashard is busted with Steroids.
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

Lewis Suspended

NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2009 – Rashard Lewis of the Orlando Magic has been suspended without pay for ten games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for an elevated testosterone level, it was announced today by the NBA.  Lewis’ suspension will begin with the first game of the 2009-10 NBA regular season for which he is eligible and physically able to play.  

Rashard Lewis Statement:

“First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty.

Toward the end of the season I took an over-the-counter supplement which at the time I did not realize included a substance banned by the NBA.

I apologize to Magic fans, my teammates and this organization for not doing the research that should come with good judgment.

I hope this unintentional mistake will not reflect poorly on our team and its great character.

I hope every athlete can learn from my mistake that supplements, no matter how innocent they seem, should only be taken after consulting an expert in the field.”

----------------

Who did expect this skinny nigga to be the one caught up in the drug game like that? :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

Re: Out of all NBA niggas, Rashard is busted with Steroids.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
Damn I wonder if that shit helped hm hit all those game winners in the playoffs  :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
LOL THE NBA IS ON ROIDS! :laugh:

Shaq is the Barry Bonds of the NBA.

with Kobe being the Mcguire. :P

LeBron...Sosa lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 06:12:31 PM »
he was thin, but he was ripped for a thin dude, so it's not like Kevin Martin or Corey Brewer got caught LOL. anyways, steroids dont really help speed and athleticism, so i doubt steroids ever becomes an issue in basketball. i actually believe him when he says he was fuckin with over the counter supplements that he didnt know included banned shit, because he's not a power player.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:15:18 AM »
steroids dont really help speed and athleticism,

So then why do Olympic sprinters take them like vitamins?

Steroids help one thing more than anything else; they help your muscles stay in top form. It means you never experience fatigue or soreness. That's why it'll be a factor in the NBA. You realize at a young age that if you can't keep up with the guy you're defending or the guy defending you, or you get tired and sore before that last shot, you need to take something to prevent that.

I said a long time ago that steroids are a problem in the NBA and you scoffed at me. Just because they don't get dragged through the mud doesn't mean they aren't on it. Football is way more roided than baseball but baseball only gets blamed. Whatever the reason for that is the same reason the NBA doesn't get exposed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »

Steroids help one thing more than anything else; they help your muscles stay in top form. It means you never experience fatigue or soreness. That's why it'll be a factor in the NBA. You realize at a young age that if you can't keep up with the guy you're defending or the guy defending you, or you get tired and sore before that last shot, you need to take something to prevent that.

I said a long time ago that steroids are a problem in the NBA and you scoffed at me. Just because they don't get dragged through the mud doesn't mean they aren't on it. Football is way more roided than baseball but baseball only gets blamed. Whatever the reason for that is the same reason the NBA doesn't get exposed.

the point is, in order to be good at basketball, you MUST have natural ability....you can't rely on strength or being a physical beast, you gotta have actual skill to play the game. just look at kwame brown...physically, his body is ideal for basketball, but he couldn't mentally put it together, so he failed in this league. in baseball, you can be a nobody and using steroids will give you enough power to hit a ball out the park. thats a sport where power plays a HUGE role....you can be in top shape and suck at basketball. you can also be out of shape and still be a baller. the game of basketball is more about skill than it is about physical assets......thats why steroids will never be a huge problem in the NBA. the steroids simply wont give u the same boost as they would for baseball...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 02:41:58 PM »

the point is, in order to be good at basketball, you MUST have natural ability....you can't rely on strength or being a physical beast, you gotta have actual skill to play the game. just look at kwame brown...physically, his body is ideal for basketball, but he couldn't mentally put it together, so he failed in this league. in baseball, you can be a nobody and using steroids will give you enough power to hit a ball out the park. thats a sport where power plays a HUGE role....you can be in top shape and suck at basketball. you can also be out of shape and still be a baller. the game of basketball is more about skill than it is about physical assets......thats why steroids will never be a huge problem in the NBA. the steroids simply wont give u the same boost as they would for baseball...PeACe

I'm sorry, but you're simply dead wrong. Hitting a homerun in baseball is more about mechanics than it is about strength. Matt Stairs with or with out steroids is stronger than most baseball players yet he never once hit over 40 a year, and only once hit over 30. Ken Griffey, who is much weaker, hit over 40 HRs 7 times. Willie Mays was never winning any strong man competitions but he could smack them like Bonds.

If you aren't a homerun hitter, steroids will do nothing for you. Just like if you aren't a high 90s pitcher, all the HGH you want won't make you one. A nobody on steroids is a nobody with bigger muscles. The skill it takes to keep your eye on the ball coming in at 90+ mph from 60 feet away and hitting it deep into the outfield, not even a homerun, is something a nobody cannot do.

What steroids does for baseball players is keep their muscles hot for a whole season (and there is the short recovery time from injuries). A healthy fired up Barry Bonds can hit 70 HRs in his best season with out steroids, but he'll never be healthy and fired up for every at bat. There'll be days where he's just dead dtired, days where the damp weather makes him weak, days where he's fatigue will be too much for him in the later innings, and days where he's simply worn out from all the travel. But with steroids all that goes away.

The botom line is you can take the top 20 lowest HR hitters from last season and pump them full of so much shit that they look like the Hulk, but they'll never hit over 20 HRs a season.

NIK you seriously need to read up, or watch docs, on what steroids actually do for athletes, and you'll see why they'd be a perfect for the NBA. Most of the world just thinks all they are good for is making you ten times stronger and causing you to murder your own family.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »

I'm sorry, but you're simply dead wrong. Hitting a homerun in baseball is more about mechanics than it is about strength. Matt Stairs with or with out steroids is stronger than most baseball players yet he never once hit over 40 a year, and only once hit over 30. Ken Griffey, who is much weaker, hit over 40 HRs 7 times. Willie Mays was never winning any strong man competitions but he could smack them like Bonds.

If you aren't a homerun hitter, steroids will do nothing for you. Just like if you aren't a high 90s pitcher, all the HGH you want won't make you one. A nobody on steroids is a nobody with bigger muscles. The skill it takes to keep your eye on the ball coming in at 90+ mph from 60 feet away and hitting it deep into the outfield, not even a homerun, is something a nobody cannot do.

What steroids does for baseball players is keep their muscles hot for a whole season (and there is the short recovery time from injuries). A healthy fired up Barry Bonds can hit 70 HRs in his best season with out steroids, but he'll never be healthy and fired up for every at bat. There'll be days where he's just dead dtired, days where the damp weather makes him weak, days where he's fatigue will be too much for him in the later innings, and days where he's simply worn out from all the travel. But with steroids all that goes away.

The botom line is you can take the top 20 lowest HR hitters from last season and pump them full of so much shit that they look like the Hulk, but they'll never hit over 20 HRs a season.

NIK you seriously need to read up, or watch docs, on what steroids actually do for athletes, and you'll see why they'd be a perfect for the NBA. Most of the world just thinks all they are good for is making you ten times stronger and causing you to murder your own family.

^i know steroids are good for healing quicker, for keeping your muslces in check, and all that shit...im just saying, it doesnt seem like roids is big in the nba like it is in baseball...just look at your average nba player, they are not that muscular. an ideal nba body is not huge and powerful like a roided up body would be..just look at jordan, magic, and kobe.. the three greatest players were slender. your typical nba player has an average sized/slender build...i think roids might have more of a downside in basketball than in baseball...football is more understandable..PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »
You're not getting it. The steroids don't make you huge. It's the weight lifting that makes you huge. A large amount of steroids over the course of your work out life makes it so you can lift every day for longer periods of time because you don't get tired or fatigued. In basketball you wouldn't take steroids like a body builder does. You would take them like a high jumper or sprinter does. You use them to train how you train for basketball and you'd use them come game time. They would not make you stronger or faster or better than you already are. What they would do is keep you at your strongest and fastest the entire game. How that is a downside I don't know.

Personally I just think you're being defensive, because if it came out that Magic and Kobe were roided most of their careers you'd be shocked, and upset, and maybe lose respect for them. My favourite current athlete is Peyton Manning; a QB who doesn't need to be the as athletic as Kobe because of his position. If he was caught with roids I wouldn't give a shit. I already assume he's on them and almost every NFL athlete is in my mind. In pro sports the outcome of a game depends on the best players performing at the top of their game all game and with out steroids that isn't possible. If Manning fell on his shoulder all playoffs and it's sore going into Superbowl week I'd expect him to take any medicine he can to make sure that throwing shoulder is ready for the game. Just because the medicine in question has been banned for medical reasons does not make it cheating in my eyes.

P.S. take a look at the list of steoid users in the MLB and you'll see most of them are a lot less muscular than Kobe or Jordan. Roger Clemens didn't take them all those years so he can be big and strong. He took them so his arm wouldn't give out by the 4th or 5th inning and then need 4 days rest.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »

Lol that nigga is still catching feelings over Chris Benoit! :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 05:20:24 PM »
In order to be good in any sport, you must have natural ability.  This doesn't apply to basketball only. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »
In order to be good in any sport, you must have natural ability.  This doesn't apply to basketball only. 

of course.

barry bonds only broke the HR record because of roids AND his natural ability.  roids dont help you see the ball better or help you make contact.

and it doesnt matter how big you are, a slim motherfucker can be on roids.  it just depends what you do with em.  look up "steroids" on google, see those HUUUGE motherfuckers?  no one in ANY sport is THAT big...cause they dont use the roids like they do.  and basketball players, swimmers, runners etc. dont use roids like baseball or football players do. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 07:14:50 PM »
7even; I don't really care what people think of Benoit. He was a deranged murderer. I just know that steroids had very little if anything to do with it all.

In order to be good in any sport, you must have natural ability.  This doesn't apply to basketball only. 

of course.

barry bonds only broke the HR record because of roids AND his natural ability.  roids dont help you see the ball better or help you make contact.

and it doesnt matter how big you are, a slim motherfucker can be on roids.  it just depends what you do with em.  look up "steroids" on google, see those HUUUGE motherfuckers?  no one in ANY sport is THAT big...cause they dont use the roids like they do.  and basketball players, swimmers, runners etc. dont use roids like baseball or football players do. 

It also doesn't help your swing mechanics. Much like in Golf how a 160 pound 58 year old can drive the ball better than a 220 lbs 25 year old. It's about how you swing, just as much as it is how strong you are.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »
you're right bout most of what you said, but i still doubt there was or ever has been a roid epidemic in the nba.  they get tested for that shit, so we woulda heard more cases by now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 08:08:24 PM »
you're right bout most of what you said, but i still doubt there was or ever has been a roid epidemic in the nba.  they get tested for that shit, so we woulda heard more cases by now.

Maybe you're right. I believe they could easily beat the tests like the NFL players do, but I'm not saying I have proof. It's all specualtion on my part, but it was also all speculation when I said all of the baseball stars were roided many years ago.

Personally I think baseball just gets targeted because congress is filled with a bunch of old fogies who grew up with all the old timers as their heroes and they want to wag their fingers at the young guys of today. It's hard for people of our generation to grasp just how big baseball was in America pre-1970s, but it trumps how big baseball, football, and basketball are combined.

We'll just have to disagree unless the shit hits the fan one day and all the old stars start getting dragged in the mud.