Author Topic: Warren G - G Files [amazon.com album sampler] = really good album  (Read 1214 times)

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
http://www.amazon.com/The-G-files-Explicit/dp/B002MHV2YW/ref=mb_oe_o

I just got through previewing the whole album,  to me its 4/5 MICS. It's a breath of fresh air, especially for fans of west coast rap.

"What's Wrong" and "Hold On" have a story behind them, "Skate Skate" reminds me of old school Warren G, "100 Miles & Runnin" is a great collaboration between the East and West and a great rap record. "Let's Get High" is chilled as fuck, "West is Back" is a smooth laid back summertime record, "Crush" with Ray J is one of the dopest commercial tracks in years, and "Drinks Aint Free" is my favorite on my first listen.

Seriously I don't have time for haters, this is 2009 not 1994. I enjoyed the old school sound, and in all fairness, Warren G is probably the only artist still putting out good music remenicent of that era. Snoop, Game and others release dope albums, but they all follow whats hot and. There's no Lil Jon, 50 Cent, Neyo, Timbaland, Lil Wayne, Pharrell Williams,  etc on The G Files, he's not following the 'trend'.... Swagger Rich is a term used nowadays, but that track is a superb slice of 'mainstream rap'.

..... fuck ironmike.... there isnt any wack tracks on The G Files IMO!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:12:36 AM by runthistown »
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Aaron

• 'G'
  • C.O.B. Circle of Bosses
Re: Warren G - G Files [amazon.com album sampler] = really good album
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:26:01 AM »
G-Funk is still alive.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:37:55 AM »
Sounds alright, Nothing special. Little to R&Bish for my taste. Isnt Suicide a old track?? I know ive heard it somwhere. Few cuts sound pretty dope, I'll download it. I learn my lesson buy Miight Night Hour without lisening to it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:45 AM »

I just got through previewing the whole album,  to me its 4/5 MICS. It's a breath of fresh air, especially for fans of west coast rap.

"What's Wrong" and "Hold On" have a story behind them, "Skate Skate" reminds me of old school Warren G, "100 Miles & Runnin" is a great collaboration between the East and West and a great rap record. "Let's Get High" is chilled as fuck, "West is Back" is a smooth laid back summertime record, "Crush" with Ray J is one of the dopest commercial tracks in years, and "Drinks Aint Free" is my favorite on my first listen.

Seriously I don't have time for haters, this is 2009 not 1994. I enjoyed the old school sound, and in all fairness, Warren G is probably the only artist still putting out good music remenicent of that era. Snoop, Game and others release dope albums, but they all follow whats hot and. There's no Lil Jon, 50 Cent, Neyo, Timbaland, Lil Wayne, Pharrell Williams,  etc on The G Files, he's not following the 'trend'.... Swagger Rich is a term used nowadays, but that track is a superb slice of 'mainstream rap'.

i'm sorry for ruining your day, Stan, but Warren is just trying to fit in as well :wavey:

i admit that the previews don't sound as bad i thought it would be, but there's not much that i can imagine listening to again

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 05:46:03 AM »
Sounds good.

The West Is Back sounds very very dope.

Portugoal

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 05:52:30 AM »

i'm sorry for ruining your day, Stan, but Warren is just trying to fit in as well :wavey:

i admit that the previews don't sound as bad i thought it would be, but there's not much that i can imagine listening to again

you're a nerd

Matty

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »
g-files is a monster album.

DJDMC

• Lil Geezy
  • Exit DJ's..Enter CJ's...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »
I wouldnt say its a mster, but after hearing the album samplers, its certainly Warren's best album since I Want It All.

I cant wait to hear West is back and Skate Skate in full.

It would help the west if Swagger Rich gets love on POWER 106.
Yukmouth - The West Coast Don.... GO COP THAT SHIT!!!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

TheRealHopSin

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
WARREN GEEZY AND RUTHLESS RECORDZ COLLABO AVAILABLE ON BEST BUY VERSIONS OF THIS ALBIM.  MY VERSE IS ABOUT EATING DEAD DOGS N SHIT N WARREN IS EXTRA LAID BACK ON DA BEAT.  SHITS ILL. 

DUBCNN STAND UP.

evo

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »
whats good hopsin hook us up

back to the topic, gdub has comeback with a dope album here. his last one was below par compared to his old shit.  skate skate is nice, suicide and drinks aint free are bangin.  big fan of gfunk, warren g, rick james, twinz, 213 etc will get this

TheRealHopSin

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »
whats good hopsin hook us up

back to the topic, gdub has comeback with a dope album here. his last one was below par compared to his old shit.  skate skate is nice, suicide and drinks aint free are bangin.  big fan of gfunk, warren g, rick james, twinz, 213 etc will get this
IF MY SPECIAL ED ASS COULD FIG OUT HOW TO SEND U A MESSIGE I WOULD. MY MANAGER TANNER TOREEEEEEEEEEEEEENO WILL SEND U A LINK WHEN HE DONE HANDLIN HIS GANGSTA SHIT.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
I dunno... to me the record sounds boring as hell. Only "100 Miles & Runnin" and "Suicide" (which was released on the True Crime - Streets of LA soundtrack as "What U Wanna Do") stand out in a positive way, otherwise the songs sound really uninspired. The raps (the little that can be heard, anyway) sound hella boring and the production - which usually has been where Warren shines - doesn't sound like the Warren G I know at all. "In the Midnight Hour" already had a bunch of songs that really sounded like something where Warren had stepped out of his comfort zone with underwhelming results, and on this new record it seems like he's ventured even further, with results that inspire even less head-bopping.

Damn Warren, I hate to say it but... maybe it's time to hang up the "solo LP" days and concentrate on really crafting beats for other artists. And really perfect and polish those beats to a diamond shine as best as you can - 'cause if "The G Files" is any evidence, you really aren't knocking 'em out the park like you used to. Thanks for the classics though.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:43:57 AM »
Hmmm i think i'm gonna like about half of it. I do find it strange that it has all these old songs on there, like Suicide and Crush.

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »
http://warrengeezy.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

What's this track "FIRE"? is it a bonus track on the European CD?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>