Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 1896 times)

Matty

Re: AVATAR
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
i'm going into this with an open mind. the amount of time and budget that has been spent on it should mean a real big experience.

hyped up movies in recent times have been lame though - the dark knight was madly overated.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »
i'm going into this with an open mind. the amount of time and budget that has been spent on it should mean a real big experience.

hyped up movies in recent times have been lame though - the dark knight was madly overated.

that was one of my favorites last year.

no denying The Joker made the entire movie, i've watched it over fifteen times lol.

OchoCinco

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/

well its sitting at 92% fresh on rottentomatoes right now so thats pretty impressive, i think ill check it out.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 02:04:54 AM »
i was looking through a newspaper & it said, "first Avatar review".

they gave it three stars, but said it's overhyped; i knew it lol.

which paper?
i can give 5 others (movie focus one) who gave the highest mark  :P

im going this Saturday to see this shit in IMAX gonna be awesome

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 03:02:32 AM »
Saw the movie yesterday. The visuals are on a whole new level, just amazing. The mix between the computer animated scenes and the filmed scenes makes it so fascinating. The story itself is alright, I guess its exactly what you would expect from such a movie. Thats why it was hard to keep me focused all the way through, I got bored after a while cause its waaaaay too long (total length of 2 hours 40 minutes). It'd describe it as a mix between The Neverending Story, Matrix and Star Wars, that's how complex it's made.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 03:04:11 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Okka

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 04:42:53 AM »
I wanna see this movie. I hope my future ex-wife doesn't die in the beginning though :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »
i was looking through a newspaper & it said, "first Avatar review".

they gave it three stars, but said it's overhyped; i knew it lol.

which paper?
i can give 5 others (movie focus one) who gave the highest mark  :P

im going this Saturday to see this shit in IMAX gonna be awesome

i think it was the New York Post or the Daily News.

either way, i'm sure people have really good reviews of the movie; but my paper said "the first review", so i'd just thought i'd let you guys know lol.

i'll watch it eventually, i just think it looks like a poor movie; movies were made to give a story & keep you at the edge of your seat just wondering what is going to happen next.

i hate going into movies that i know are dragging me in because of special effects; hopefully it'll be good.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 04:29:23 PM »

The world of cinema will never be the same when this movie will be released.....

LMAO

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
from what ive seen so far the story looks like trash. why spend billions of the computer effects but have it written by retards for 20 bucks?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
from what ive seen so far the story looks like trash. why spend billions of the computer effects but have it written by retards for 20 bucks?

Cameron wrote it himself, so there's no one to blame but him if the story sucks. I guess his muse is gone. Has he really written anything since T2 (which is just a modified T1)? He had a great 80s as a writer and director, T2 kick started the 90s, but after that it was cookie cutter True Lies and an over rated doesn't stand the test of time Titanic.

JohnnyL

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 06:10:46 AM »

that was one of my favorites last year.

no denying The Joker made the entire movie, i've watched it over fifteen times lol.

"The Dark Knight" is one of my favorite movies, ever.  To me, it's the best comic book adaptation ever put to film.  I can't see how anyone could consider it overhyped.  To me, it was deserving of it's hype.  I think it delivered on every level that it was supposed to.

As far as "Avatar" I'm not really sure what to expect.  I thought the trailer looked cool.  And I definitely plan on seeing it.  The 3-D should make it even more interesting to watch.  I just hope the story is there.  James Cameron doesn't usually disappoint though.

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 10:41:53 AM »

"The Dark Knight" is one of my favorite movies, ever.  To me, it's the best comic book adaptation ever put to film.  I can't see how anyone could consider it overhyped.  To me, it was deserving of it's hype.  I think it delivered on every level that it was supposed to.

Exactly. That was one of the few big movies to actually deliver.

I'll ry to catch Avatar tonight. A lot of people are gonna go in with high expectations which is a big mistake. I'll try not to.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »

Exactly. That was one of the few big movies to actually deliver.

I'll ry to catch Avatar tonight. A lot of people are gonna go in with high expectations which is a big mistake. I'll try not to.

Yeah.  I think it will be good, but probably won't "reinvent the wheel " (well, maybe on a special effects level, but not overall movie).  The reviews I've read for it have been mostly positive.  One criticism that I keep hearing is that the story is a little derivative of other movies.  But everyone seems to be saying that the effects are amazing.  I definitely plan on seeing it sometime over the next few days.  I'm sure it will be good.  I don't really care if it doesn't quite live up to masterpiece status.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
I think they are hyped just of Camerons past movies.  8)
Camerons' movies from the past were probably hyped...but it did live up to it...didn't it? ;) From Alien 1 and 2, Terminator 1 and 2, to True Lies to Strange Days to Current movies.  His movies were considered classics.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
I think they are hyped just of Camerons past movies.  8)
Camerons' movies from the past were probably hyped...but it did live up to it...didn't it? ;) From Alien 1 and 2, Terminator 1 and 2, to True Lies to Strange Days to Current movies.  His movies were considered classics.

Alien (the first one) was by Ridley Scott.