Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 1897 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: AVATAR
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
from what i've heard from my friends, it's a good movie; but the effects makes it better than it is.

it's like a 3 star movie, but with the hype & the graphics, it's gives off the appeal of a classic.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »

Avatar 2009 CAM Dual Audio XViD-TeaM-MaFia
http://www.rlslog.net/avatar-2009-cam-dual-audio-xvid-team-mafia/

This is one of those films where a bootleg version would be useless. Even if a perfect DVD rip was released I'd still go to the imax and watch it there.

Matty

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »
just got back from this. not a perfect movie or anything, but overall a really brilliant experience and needless to say a visual treat. would be ruining it to watch without the 3d effects.

Jaydc

Re: Avatar
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2009, 05:18:18 PM »
Went and saw it.What an overrated overblown aboriton of a movie.The 3d was a fucking gimmick at best.I could count the amount of scenes the 3d came into play on one hand.The story was boring and been done a hundred times before.Everything about it was cliche.From the action,to the love story to the final battle.You could see what was going to happen through the whole movie.It basically was a movie where aliens play the role of first nations and humans are the white man.Invading their homeland and slaughtering them with their superior technology.While the aliens just like first nations are in tune to their planet.While the human sent to infiltrate the india...err aliens falls in love with one of them.YAWN.Idiots will eat this shit up.

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
I dont understand the hype around this movie or the critics.If michael Bay made this exact same movie it would be getting panned.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2009, 01:44:32 AM »
When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked horrible.  After seeing the actual now, it's visually stunning but it does have a typical storyline.  I think the 3d was great, and it was used well within the context of the movie and not used for a cheap pop out here and there.  If you plan on seeing it, it has to be in 3d or at least on the big screen. 

G-Funk

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2009, 02:06:58 AM »
anyone think cameron is gonna get his budget back? ;D

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2009, 03:35:36 AM »
3d and imax = meh = overrated
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:41 AM »

I think he almost certainly will.  The question is when.  Domestically, it made about $73 Million.  But world wide it's already made $232.2 Million, which is the best world wide debut ever, for a non-sequal.  Apparently 20th Century Fox isn't saying exactly how much they spent to make the movie.  But it's rumored to be somewhere between $240 Million and $500 Million.  Granted, that's an enormous amount of money.  But when you factor in long term ticket sales, dvd sales, and licensing, I think they'll definitely recover their investment.  I think how soon they do, depends on whether or not the ticket sales stay strong in the next few following weeks.  My opinion is that it will probably do  quite well this week, because a lot of people go see movies over the Christmas holiday.  But past that, it's hard to say.

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

I think he almost certainly will.  The question is when.  Domestically, it made about $73 Million.  But world wide it's already made $232.2 Million, which is the best world wide debut ever, for a non-sequal.  Apparently 20th Century Fox isn't saying exactly how much they spent to make the movie.  But it's rumored to be somewhere between $240 Million and $500 Million.  Granted, that's an enormous amount of money.  But when you factor in long term ticket sales, dvd sales, and licensing, I think they'll definitely recover their investment.  

Plus, a large part of Avatar's budget was spent on R&D of 3D technology they'll be using from now on. They're already shooting another movie (low-budget this time):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0881320/

Their 3D technology is being used on TRON sequel.
Cameron-produced "Fantastic Voyage" starts shooting next year.
They're also preparing a "Titanic" re-release in 3D.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:36:40 AM by MIC »

Chad Vader

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:07 AM »

I think he almost certainly will.  The question is when.  Domestically, it made about $73 Million.  But world wide it's already made $232.2 Million, which is the best world wide debut ever, for a non-sequal.  Apparently 20th Century Fox isn't saying exactly how much they spent to make the movie.  But it's rumored to be somewhere between $240 Million and $500 Million.  Granted, that's an enormous amount of money.  But when you factor in long term ticket sales, dvd sales, and licensing, I think they'll definitely recover their investment.  

Plus, a large part of Avatar's budget was spent on R&D of 3D technology they'll be using from now on. They're already shooting another movie (low-budget this time):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0881320/

Their 3D technology is being used on TRON sequel.
Cameron-produced "Fantastic Voyage" starts shooting next year.
They're also preparing a "Titanic" re-release in 3D.

and....

Wednesday, October 21, 2009
EXCLUSIVE: Lucasfilm Gearing Up Another Star Wars Trilogy In 3D?!?!!
http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/10/exclusive-lucasfilm-gearing-up-another.html

**UPDATE: Oct 27 - Well, well, well! May wonders never cease. Lucasfilm denies the rumors. Like they haven't done that int he past right? Apparently it is ignorant and stupid even lol. There is no way it can be true! Don't believe a word of what the PR for Lucasfilm has to say - they are covering their @sses like anyone would. Oh there is talk of another trilogy, mark my words Internet. We shall see what we shall see. It is going to happen whether Steve Sansweet says so or not :-)

EXCLUSIVE

Jim here. Here is a strong rumor that should whet your appetites! (or sour them if you have had too much of the franchise). I have been hearing rumblings... extremely quiet at first, but now heating up significantly and from a trusted source - that George Lucas is preparing to unleash another STAR WARS trilogy upon us, this time in stereoscopic 3D. This is NOT the TV series, these are brand spankin' new 3D STAR WARS movies.

Yes, the pending 2D to 3D conversions of his six existing STAR WARS properties are still a go as 3D theaters are approaching 3000 (5000 is the number Lucas wants). No word on when this work will be completed.

But here is the shocker: Lucas will be producing and NOT directing these new episodes apparently! Could Steven Spielberg be tapped to direct a STAR WARS movie after all? Yes according to a trusted source of mine! Further, Francis Ford Coppola was mentioned too as a possible director for a future film!

A lot depends on the success of AVATAR this winter - if it takes off like everyone is expecting it to, then you will most likely see three additional STAR WARS movies added.

What an interesting competitive box office landscape that would make over the next 6 to 10 years! James Cameron's AVATAR world vs. George Lucas' STAR WARS world. I could see Lucas getting a little jealous over a successful launch of AVATAR - jealous because it is a fully articulated universe, like his. And if he doesn't act on it - his franchise may well be relegated to a back seat as potentially the records will start falling to Pandora. Heck STAR WARS is still not 3D yet and what better way to try to maintain a lock on bragging rights than to launch into three more in native stereoscopic 3D.

How seriously should you consider these rumors? Well it is coming from a source that SHOULD KNOW. This source is absolutely connected. So odds are it is seriously being talked about at Lucasfilm. Right now. Will it happen? AVATAR will have to hit and hit big and then all the stars have to align properly - all I can do is pass on the info.

Personally I WANT this to happen dearly. I REALLY want to see what the STAR WARS universe looks like in Spielberg's hands *AND* in stereoscopic 3D. You would too, wouldn't you? :-)

Chad Vader

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »
Enter The World Of James Cameron 2009 WS PDTV XviD-aAF
http://www.rlslog.net/enter-the-world-of-james-cameron-2009-ws-pdtv-xvid-aaf/

A nice interview of James Cameron himself and the staff of “Avatar”. Enjoy.

James King interviews James Cameron about his career in Hollywood, looking at the films he has directed – including Titanic, Aliens, The Terminator and True Lies – and his latest 3D project Avatar, which stars Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver.

Enter.The.World.Of.James.Cameron.2009.WS.PDTV.XviD-aAF
XViD l MP3 VBR l 175MB

Links;
http://www.rlslog.net/enter-the-world-of-james-cameron-2009-ws-pdtv-xvid-aaf/

JohnnyL

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »
 Saw this yesterday with my wife and some friends.  The special effects were amazing.  Having said that, the 3D while impressive, made my eyes sore for about the first half of the movie.  Don't know why it seemed to stop later on, except maybe my eyes just adjusted to it after a while.  The plot was a bit derivative of other movies.  But over all, it was still enjoyable.  And for a movie that's nearly 3 hours long, it managed to keep my interest.  Personally, I can't say that I think this ranks up there with Cameron's classic movies like the "Terminator" movies or "Aliens," but I did think it was a well done film.

Blasphemy

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »
Saw it on Christmas Day.

Won't be remembered as a classic like Aliens, T1, T2. However it will be remembered for its progression in Technology. Other then that the Story is just a standard Going Native, just within the future and involving aliens.I liked it, and its On par with his others in terms of Effects, Camera Work, and style (Action scenes only). Its done in a very Artsy way, to impose feeling within the world. However It did get Generic at times via The Usual Military evil/Corporation evil IE They just DID stuff without real thought. Now if they made it so the Corporation and Military were in need of what ever it was to Save Humanity or something, it would make it deeper, Instead of a generic payday.

Also yes, its hyped up. People said he got passed the Hulk Syndrome IE Once the Character Changed no one could connect and was considered innovated. However District 9 Came out Earlier, and the Ability to connect to the Prawns was clearly express in various reviews. So how come Cameron gets the gold???

Anyways, dope film. Not going to be groundbreaking, but its better then most of the shit that's out there. Like Taratino, Cameron decided to Genre blend with this film. Taking a generic "going native" story, complied with Space, Sci-fi and wicked CGI (that's literally seemless, despite the fact you know it is) and basing if of previous conflicts (Slavery, Native Americans, and Corporate greed, and Military destruction) It was good.

But fuck the fags who over hyping it. Only groundbreaking element was the Visuals, and the Cameras invented for it. '

Only Camera Work that really seemed Generic was the Slow-Mo when they are getting arrested. lol I mean damn, he must of been watching Black Hawk down or something. 1 montage would of been ok, but he did it like 3 times. :/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:53:00 AM by Blasphemy »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 01:39:25 AM »
3d and imax = meh = overrated

for 3 $ mor than regular theatre?   well stick to your fuckin black and white tv and your vhs fuckin moron