Author Topic: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...  (Read 3334 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »
....but he isnt.  He goes to church occasionally with her, just out of a respect for her.  She happens to be very active in the church, sings with the choir, works with the kids, and even works for the church as an office manager (funny that a church needs an office manager, what a business lol).  Well, she recently got interviewed by the person in charge of the church about her relationship with my coworker.  She was asked if he was a Christian as well, which she replied "no...but he's working on it" (whatever the fuck that means lol).  He asked if they lived together and if theyve had sex with eachother, which she told him that they did live together but have not had sex (lie). Well, long story short...after all of her service for the church and the 20% or so she pays out of her checks TO the church, she is no longer going to be able to be involved in the church activities...and might possibly lose her job there. All because she is going to marry a non-Christian.

My advice to him was to have her sue the shit out of them if they fire her....but being the "Christian that she is" she probably would never defend herself against the church.  Anyways, what are yall thoughts on this? Fair or not fair?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:47:10 PM »
I'm assuming your co-worker is Agnostic? So if that assumption is correct, I don't understand why a Christian would get into a relationship like that. In the first place.

If they was separate religions under Christianity faith, or even somethang other than Christian but still had faith in God..that's one issue.

But how could you make a relationship like this work? It's like good verse evil. Positive verse negative. Complete polar opposite. There's a big uncommon factor between them. Argue opposites attract, but damn, I'm sorry, how does that happen in a case like this?

^ That's all dealing with the relationship aspect of it. I mean what if they was to get married. Marriage just goes with the whole package of religion itself. I don't know. That's between them, how they make it work.

As far as the issue on her being fired...

I say fair becuz its the Church's beliefs. That's the whole point of following a denomination. I understand the situation and it is kinda messed up, but, it is what it is. It's the Church's beliefs. And you wanna practice it..

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »
I'm assuming your co-worker is Agnostic? So if that assumption is correct, I don't understand why a Christian would get into a relationship like that. In the first place.

If they was separate religions under Christianity faith, or even somethang other than Christian but still had faith in God..that's one issue.

But how could you make a relationship like this work? It's like good verse evil. Positive verse negative. Complete polar opposite. There's a big uncommon factor between them. Argue opposites attract, but damn, I'm sorry, how does that happen in a case like this?

^ That's all dealing with the relationship aspect of it. I mean what if they was to get married. Marriage just goes with the whole package of religion itself. I don't know. That's between them, how they make it work.

I say fair becuz its the Church's beliefs. That's the whole point of following a denomination. I understand the situation and it is kinda messed up, but, it is what it is. It's the Church's beliefs. And you wanna practice it..

Im assuming they are getting married because they fell in love with eachother and understand that their love is more important then their religious beliefs.  Your religion should be what you believe in, not who you are.  But how can it be fair for a church to FIRE her?  This is a job and they are an employer lol.  There are a lot of companies that are owned by different Christian organizations...they wouldnt be able to legally fire someone because they married outside of their religious faith lol.  She didnt do anything on the job that will affect her job performance.  She is being fired beause of something personal in her life that her employer doesnt think is right (not against the law).  It would be no different then you working for an employer who is Agnostic and then getting fired once its discovered that you are Christian.  One way or the other, I hope she has the mind and strength to sue the shit out of this church for everything they have.  Not only has she been paying 20% of her paycheck to them (stupid), but now unlawful termination lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Blasphemy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
She can legally sue them for firing her.Its illegal to fire someone do to something in their persona life. Being this is involves the religion heavily she can sue them for wrong for termination and really put a hole in their pocket. Only thing she can't get back is the 20% payment to them IF she donated, It if was legally taken out of her pay check she can get the money back.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »
She can legally sue them for firing her.Its illegal to fire someone do to something in their persona life. Being this is involves the religion heavily she can sue them for wrong for termination and really put a hole in their pocket. Only thing she can't get back is the 20% payment to them IF she donated, It if was legally taken out of her pay check she can get the money back.

Yeah, Im sure the 20% was a donation.  Any half bit lawyer would probably be able to get that back as well by simply claiming she felt pressured into donating in order to keep her job.  I doubt a church would be stupid enough to let something like this even MAKE it to court...they would more then likely settle and avoid the terrible publicity this would give them.  Id own that fuckin church...and be a millionaire like the pastor probably is lol

Kool Beenz

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
if she signed a contract that states "This church can fire you at any time, without reason. do you agree? sign below"

she cant sue

i know alot of employers make you sign something like that before you work there

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
if she signed a contract that states "This church can fire you at any time, without reason. do you agree? sign below"

she cant sue

i know alot of employers make you sign something like that before you work there

false. Ive been involved in a settlement where we signed a sheet just like that lol. Employers have you sign those forms as a scare tactic because the average worker will not challenge it and think that they have signed over their legal rights.  Our lawyer laughed at it.  It holds very little weight in a settlement hearing. All you have to do is say you felt pressured to sign the sheet in order to keep your job...and thats it. Almost no employer will fight it because you can say the same thing in court and they cant prove you wrong.  A small business owner might fight it because they simply dont have the money to settle out of a court. Larger companies will almost always just give in to avoid actually going to court.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

she cant sue

false. Ive been involved in a settlement where we signed a sheet just like that lol. Employers have you sign those forms as a scare tactic because the average worker will not challenge it and think that they have signed over their legal rights.  Our lawyer laughed at it.  It holds very little weight in a settlement hearing. All you have to do is say you felt pressured to sign the sheet in order to keep your job...and thats it. Almost no employer will fight it because you can say the same thing in court and they cant prove you wrong.  A small business owner might fight it because they simply dont have the money to settle out of a court. Larger companies will almost always just give in to avoid actually going to court.

its a church

Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »

she cant sue

its a church

doesn't matter.

daygo is on point.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »

she cant sue

its a church

doesn't matter.

daygo is on point.

whats the difference between a church and a small business?

unless the church is like on one of those tv specials on the christian channel

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »

she cant sue

its a church

doesn't matter.

daygo is on point.

whats the difference between a church and a small business?

unless the church is like on one of those tv specials on the christian channel

they are both acting as business entities which gives them the same liabilities.

daygo did you take business law?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »
I didn't know that either.

But if you're going to be 'employed' by a Church, I think certain thoughts should be kept in the back of your mind.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »
This just shows you how fucced up these ho ass christians are. I hope she wakes the fucc up and converts to devout atheism with a satanic twist. But I think the lesson to learn here is...don't date a jesus freak...unless your plan is to kill her maybe. Anyway..thats my 2 cents.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »
I'm disappointed in some of y'all.

If this happened to be a corporation and not a church, it would be unanimous among everybody to sue the fuck out of them and get as much money as they could. But its a church so it's okay to illegally fire someone? What the fuck is wrong with y'all?

A church is an organized ran and comprised of PEOPLE. See, this is my whole issue with organized religion: PEOPLE are running it. Can we all agree that PEOPLE are fuck-ups and always get shit wrong?

To all my Christian homies that posted in here, I pose these questions to you:
1) Would Jesus ask those kinds of questions to such a devout follower?
2) Does Jesus not love everyone, including those who do not follow him?
3) Would Jesus continue to take the money of someone who he thought wasn't a follower of his?

The fact that the church was even asking those types of personal questions is grounds for a harassment suit. And like Daygo said, it doesn't matter what kinda paperwork she may have signed to keep the Church's hands clean, there are some things that are illegal regardless such as firing an individual over their personal life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »

Now aren't you being a little judgmental with the woman's personal life, homie? And then you go as far as to compare their relationship as good vs. evil? LOL that's messed up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE