Author Topic: go buy THE CHRONIC RELIT today everybody!  (Read 1999 times)

Okka

Re: go buy THE CHRONIC RELIT today everybody!
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
Since nobody told me what's on the DVD, i had to download and watch that shit. "The Robbery" was dope, just a bit like the one in the "Up In Smoke" DVD though. Haven't watched the interview yet though, it's over 30 minutes. I will be gettin' this shit as soon as i get some money. What's the next project WideAwake is puttin' out?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

amazon uk say they shipped mine today :)
no shit, so you're still alive :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

your kidding, i ordered from .com and its been delayed !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

BG Dresta

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »
I bought mine today...it was nice bumping an original cd instead of the burnt copies i had...has a more crisp sound to it...dvd is dope too...they dont block that girls titties thats playin volleyball on the Nuthin But A G Thang video...

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
i think half of yall would suck somebodys dick for death row material. everybodys fuckin whipped because wideawake might or might not release unreleased material we actually want. fuck that shit. i'm buying raekwon and ghostface and MOP not this.

then get the fuck off a westcoast website idiot

i'll buy west coast albums that i dont already own. i think wideawake is lucky theres a lot of suckers but i buy albums i want. when wideawake releases crooked or something i want i'll buy it. until then i'm not buying albums in hopes of them releasing better albums. do you realize how pathetic that is? and look at everybody going crazy buy relit buy relit. some rich white bitch is getting a fat check and suckering you with crafty marketing techniques. people are more concerned with supporting this greedy corporate bitch then actual artists releasing their own albums.
yo, i respect that you're not going to buy it.

but you can't deny that this new company definitely isn't pulling the same trick that Capitol/Priority is doing with NWA.
besides, the price isn't high at all.
also, what's your problem with the new owner?

my problem is about everybody fussing about buying re-lit. i'm not crazy about some of their moves so far and they're shady business owners i'm sure but wideawake hasn't done anything that bad yet. my biggest problem is with everybody going crazy about making sure wideawake gets paid. i've never seen half this much effort into getting people to support new albums put out by artists themselves. i think its fucked up that everybodys rallying to buy this reissue of the chronic just because this company could put out more death row material. if they release more stuff great if not oh well. people on here are acting like its worth giving wideawake money buying multiple copies just in hopes that they release more. its sorta repulsive to me that people could have that little dignity and be that fanatical over getting death row material.

honestly its the people on here that've made me so adamant about not buying it because i feel like by buying it at all i'm doing what everyone else here is doing raising money for wideawake and supporting the wrong people in the music industry.

midwestryder

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
i think half of yall would suck somebodys dick for death row material. everybodys fuckin whipped because wideawake might or might not release unreleased material we actually want. fuck that shit. i'm buying raekwon and ghostface and MOP not this.

i'll buy west coast albums that i dont already own. i think wideawake is lucky theres a lot of suckers but i buy albums i want. when wideawake releases crooked or something i want i'll buy it. until then i'm not buying albums in hopes of them releasing better albums. do you realize how pathetic that is? and look at everybody going crazy buy relit buy relit. some rich white bitch is getting a fat check and suckering you with crafty marketing techniques. people are more concerned with supporting this greedy corporate bitch then actual artists releasing their own albums.

but you can't deny that this new company definitely isn't pulling the same trick that Capitol/Priority is doing with NWA.

my problem is about everybody fussing about buying re-lit. i'm not crazy about some of their moves so far and they're shady business owners i'm sure but wideawake hasn't done anything that bad yet. my biggest problem is with everybody going crazy about making sure wideawake gets paid. i've never seen half this much effort into getting people to support new albums put out by artists themselves. i think its fucked up that everybodys rallying to buy this reissue of the chronic just because this company could put out more death row material. if they release more stuff great if not oh well. people on here are acting like its worth giving wideawake money buying multiple copies just in hopes that they release more. its sorta repulsive to me that people could have that little dignity and be that fanatical over getting death row material.

honestly its the people on here that've made me so adamant about not buying it because i feel like by buying it at all i'm doing what everyone else here is doing raising money for wideawake and supporting the wrong people in the music industry.

buying from wideawake is not supporting the wrong people in the music industry. so you are wrong.  buying from interscope & sony is  supporting the wrong people in the music industry & that is a fact . your mind is twisted & wrong .
so everything you said is bullcrap because it is false .
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:40:35 PM by midwestryder »

Okka

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »
Most people will buy this just because they think it will make WideAwake release some new unreleased material, does anybody even know what their next release will be? They might be re-releasin "Doggystyle" with another couple of unreleased songs, some old commercials, interviews and music videos from the album.

midwestryder

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 04:41:25 PM »
Most people will buy this just because they think it will make WideAwake release some new unreleased material, does anybody even know what their next release will be? They might be re-releasin "Doggystyle" with another couple of unreleased songs, some old commercials, interviews and music videos from the album.

i heard the next release from widewake is snoop dogg .

Blasphemy

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
yeah, a new album with unreleased material if its like The Chronic, I have 1 problem. If tehy release it as it is now. If they release it they need to release it WITH Gz up Hoes Down, That 1 skit that goes in the beginning of Gz up Hoez Down, and possibly The Next Episode (OG). Now even if the Next Episode is on a bonus DVD(it will be ripped 2 mp3) that's all I fucking want. Fucking Next Episode CDQ. If Doggystyle doesn't have that, then fuck that. lol

Okka

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »
Yeah, if WideAwake releases "Doggystyle" next it better include "G'z Up & Hoes Down" and "The Next Episode" both in CDQ. If they are plannin' on re-releasin "Dogg Food" after that they better include the "Dr. Dre Remix" of "Tha Dogg Pound Gangstaz" on that shit :D ;D

midwestryder

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
Yeah, if WideAwake releases "Doggystyle" next it better include "G'z Up & Hoes Down" and "The Next Episode" both in CDQ. If they are plannin' on re-releasin "Dogg Food" after that they better include the "Dr. Dre Remix" of "Tha Dogg Pound Gangstaz" on that shit :D ;D
i don't know if it will be doggy style or the snoop dogg sessions like they have talked about..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »

GOOD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »
I remember making a thread asking how it could be proved whether or not someone actually produced a song from back then.  I remember some guy explicitly stating that Death Row was a well run business, where all employees made sure all contracts were correct, and made sure they got 100% credit and publishing for everything that they did.  Haha, yeah ok bro. 
  That "some guy" was me and that was nowhere near what I said. The context of the conversation was someone either saying or suggesting that Wideawake could just take Dre or Daz tracks and put someone else's name on it. I brought up the point of publishing because that's the road block. It's not about everyone getting fair credit or not. Here is one of my original statements on the subject from another thread:

Daz and the people you named got fucked on the publishing. Whether the publishing records are accurate is up for debate but record companies always keep them so it's not like they can just take Dre's credit off a song and sign it over to Daz or someone else. Artists might go in the studio and party and what not but there is always paperwork. Dre was co-owner of the company so I'm gonna call it a safe bet to say that any track he ever touched in any way over there went through the legal clearances with his publishing company. If there weren't publishing credits for it, it wouldn't have ended up in the auction in the first place.

If WideAwake has knowledge of what tracks Dre produced then trust me, Dre and his legal team do as well. It's one thing to take someone's credit when you are getting the publishing established but it's quite another to try and go back 15+ years later and try to steal it when the publishing credits are already legally established and have been circulated regularly. There's a reason why when you look at remixed Pac song credits, the artists and producers who appeared on the original track are still credited in the publishing even if their work is no longer on the track in question. Music companies are ruthless but nobody is an idiot. If someone produced a song for somebody else and they didn't get credit, it's probably because they signed a piece of paper waving whatever credit they would have got in exchange for money. You can't just outright steal somebody's work. If my vocals are on a song or my likeness is used in a movie or video, the company that is putting out needs legal permission to use it or I can sue their asses.

The misconception here seems to be that you think I believe nobody that ever worked with Death Row ever got fucked on their publishing. I'm not saying that at all. What I was implying was it would be backwards and idiotic to try and swap or swipe credit on songs after the publishing is taken care of. I think with Dre, it would be even that much more of a problem because the guy was already one of the most sought-after producers when he went over to Death Row and as any producer would have at that point had probably been handed his share of lawsuits by people saying they did this and did that.

Smoke enough bud was most likely either produced by Dre or Daz, and neither got credit, so I guess that completely throws your half ass theory out the window.
  Not including credits in the booklet doesn't automatically mean that the artist or producer didn't get credit on the publishing. It doesn't completetly throw anything out of the window. Not including publishing is one thing but listing false production credits is another.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:38 AM »

fair enough, i agree that you shouldn't become a sheep.
personally i didn't order this release purely for supporting this new company or to follow anyone else, but i ordered it, because i don't own the original Chronic & i figure the re-lit is a great collectors item, as i'm getting more than with the original :)
the fact that Wideawake gets supported is just an extra, although i'll definitely feel more confident with the fact that this new company gets my money, in stead of Suge Knight.

anyway, you shouldn't blame Wideawake for the fact that some "fans" are trying to force you to buy this new release.
besides, you still haven't broken down why Wideawake is shady.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2009, 01:26:13 AM »

your kidding, i ordered from .com and its been delayed !
i ordered there too, but it has finally been shipped after being delayed once, so you may receive an email too in the next few days :)