Author Topic: Did Tha Dogg Pound diss Bone Thugs N Harmony back in 95 on Dogg Food?  (Read 2901 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I don't know if this was ever discussed before (i'm sure it was at some point), but on the song "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" off the album Dogg Food, Kurupt has a line where he says "ain't got no love for no hoes in harmony.".  Just wondering if anyone thought this was a diss at Bone or not.  I never heard Bone reply, and other than that line, that was the only Bone diss I can find on the album, they don't really diss Ruthless as a whole, other than the DJ Eazy Dicc interlude, which at that point, the character was less of an Eazy diss at that point and more just a character on his own.  Eazy died shortly after that, and there weren't anymore digs at Ruthless following that album.  What do you guys think?

JohnnyL

Re: Did Tha Dogg Pound diss Bone Thugs N Harmony back in 95 on Dogg Food?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:29 AM »
I don't know if this was ever discussed before (i'm sure it was at some point), but on the song "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" off the album Dogg Food, Kurupt has a line where he says "ain't got no love for no hoes in harmony.".  Just wondering if anyone thought this was a diss at Bone or not.  I never heard Bone reply, and other than that line, that was the only Bone diss I can find on the album, they don't really diss Ruthless as a whole, other than the DJ Eazy Dicc interlude, which at that point, the character was less of an Eazy diss at that point and more just a character on his own.  Eazy died shortly after that, and there weren't anymore digs at Ruthless following that album.  What do you guys think?

I believe it was a diss at Bone.  I don't know how else you could take it.  But to my knowledge, Bone never responded.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
Umm i thought it was pretty obvious it was a Bone diss? remember that time they were arguin on power 106 i think and DPG was makin fun of how Bone said trues or whatever.. eazy n bone was doin an interview and kurupt n daz called in dissing them

dnjp4life

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:56 AM »
Definately a Bone diss.  I thought this was common knowledge.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:40:54 AM »
Yeah that was definitely a diss. Bone had a couple subliminals on some of their albums going at DR. I remember hearing a rumor that Bizzy Bone and Kurupt almost got into a fistfight outside a club back in the day when all this was going on.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
Umm i thought it was pretty obvious it was a Bone diss? remember that time they were arguin on power 106 i think and DPG was makin fun of how Bone said trues or whatever.. eazy n bone was doin an interview and kurupt n daz called in dissing them

Yeah, i remember that radio interview.  Eazy was being cool to DOC, it was cool that DOC was trying to talk sense into him.  

Still, seems weird that there was just that one line diss at Bone, then nothing else from either side.  I mean BG Knoccout and Dresta dissed them hard on DPG Killa, and they didn't even mention them on Dogg Food (that i can remember).  The only mention was on "What Would U Do".  The only thing I can think of is that after Eazy died, Bone and DPG squashed the beef before it really got started and Bone didn't have a chance to retaliate.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

Yeah, i remember that radio interview.  Eazy was being cool to DOC, it was cool that DOC was trying to talk sense into him.  

Still, seems weird that there was just that one line diss at Bone, then nothing else from either side.  I mean BG Knoccout and Dresta dissed them hard on DPG Killa, and they didn't even mention them on Dogg Food (that i can remember).  The only mention was on "What Would U Do".  The only thing I can think of is that after Eazy died, Bone and DPG squashed the beef before it really got started and Bone didn't have a chance to retaliate.

To be honest, Bone never really went at too many rappers they had beef with. Even with Twista there was not alot of back and forth from them as far as diss songs. They have always kept it low key.

Muhfukka

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
hahaha is that even a question

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
Yeah, even on that song "U Ain't Bone", the whole song was dissing people who sounded like them and copied their style, yet I don't think they ever said one person's name.

Does anyone have any examples of subliminal disses they made at Dogg Pound or Death Row back in the day?  I'm assuming it'd be on their "Creepin On Ah Come Up" or "East 1999" albums, as they were done with their Death Row beef by the time "Art Of War" was released.  I can't think of any subliminals off the top of my head.

Paul

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:10:55 AM »
Yeah, even on that song "U Ain't Bone", the whole song was dissing people who sounded like them and copied their style, yet I don't think they ever said one person's name.

That was aimed at Three 6 Mafia (Who had made the track Live By Yo Rep), Do or Die and Crucial Conflict
funkyfreshintheflesh

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »
I always wondered about that line too and just assumed it was a shot and Bone never responded... but I read somewhere that "Shotz To Tha Double Glock" had disses to DPG in it but I haven't heard that song in a minute and don't recall hearing any disses in it, but who knows

on "Smooth" I think it was, Kurupt disssed B.G. Knoccout & Dre'sta though

Paul

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »
I always wondered about that line too and just assumed it was a shot and Bone never responded... but I read somewhere that "Shotz To Tha Double Glock" had disses to DPG in it but I haven't heard that song in a minute and don't recall hearing any disses in it, but who knows

Lyrics from Shotz To Tha Double Glock

out the cut, where the thugs and hustlas roam. cleveland browns, the dogg pound home, it's on

funkyfreshintheflesh

BIGWORM

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
It's when Krazy say's "gotta find dem Row hoes"...

The following users thanked this post: DJSpin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

out the cut, where the thugs and hustlas roam. cleveland browns, the dogg pound home, it's on

that doesnt spell diss lol. The "Dog Pound" has to do with the Cleveland Browns, not DPG.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

Props...I need to listen to that song closely then.  Thanks for the heads up!