Author Topic: Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (Talks West Coast / DJ Tagging On Mixtapes)  (Read 477 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn sat down with Mr. Gangsta Grillz himself, DJ Drama aka Barack O'Drama aka Mr. Thanksgiving for an exclusive interview. Drama tells us about the international mixtape scene, DJ'ing in Dubai, how the game has evolved in the past decade and whether his position has changed since the feds bust a few years ago.

We also talk about his West Coast projects with DJ Nik Bean, which West Coast artists he's feeling at the moment and we ask him about the Young Jeezy situation.

Read all that and much more in this exclusive interview:

Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (September '09)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props Nima!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Portugoal

What kind of a bitch made answer is that? If he ruins a mixtape from a fan favorite artist he just tells you not to listen to it? WTF

acgrundy

fans really tell him that they love it when he talks on the tape?  Serious?  I mean, the yelling doesn't really bother me too much, but it is definitely not something I say I would love.  It's not like I listen to a song and say, "You know what?  This song is cool and all, but it really is missing something...ah yeah, a DJ yelling over the track!"

For the most part mixtape DJ's don't add anything for me.  I listen to a mixtape for the music, not the DJ...I personally could care less who the DJ is...skee, drama, who ever, doesn't make any difference at all for me.

The Watcher

i guess he has alot of retarded fans

i dont know anybody who likes hearing a DJ yell over a track and fuck it up
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dubcnn: As a last question, how do you feel about fans, especially online, complaining about DJ's tagging songs and yelling over them?

How I feel about it? You can't please everybody... Me personally, they tell me they love it when I talk that shit. I can go anywhere in this country, possibly in this world, and get noticed and get love and get respect, and that's based off some of the work I've done in the mixtapes. So do I care about the ones that complain? Hey, don't listen to it!

Haha

kemizt

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Keep it coming

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Dj Nik Bean

• Lil Geezy
  • L.A.'s Mixtape King
we do it 4 tha streetz.....love it or hate it, it aint gonna stop

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
I wonder if these mixtape "DJ"'s, even half of them can really rock the turntables and get the crowd pumping.

Dubcnn: As a last question, how do you feel about fans, especially online, complaining about DJ's tagging songs and yelling over them?
So do I care about the ones that complain? Hey, don't listen to it!
Umm...isn't the only point of mixtape "DJ"'s to get the newer artist more known to the public in the first place? So he don't care if the people don't listen to it...like they would actually listen to him and not the artists performing.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
He said don't listen, I haven't been listening. Which in turn leads to me not spendin my money his way.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Portugoal

Re: Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (Talks West Coast / DJ Tagging On Mixtapes)
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 02:32:05 AM »

you touch 5-year-old boys, admit it.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (Talks West Coast / DJ Tagging On Mixtapes)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 05:40:43 AM »
what if the streets hate it?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Re: Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (Talks West Coast / DJ Tagging On Mixtapes
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 02:23:48 AM »
Mixtapes are great.

DJs "collaborating" by yelping like retarded baboons over hot tracks ain't.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
if you don't like it, don't peep it

if you do you'll find a way to ignore the asshole yelling or the polite ones who do it when no one's rapping
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LONDON!!

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 03:12:58 AM »
www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn sat down with Mr. Gangsta Grillz himself, DJ Drama aka Barack O'Drama aka Mr. Thanksgiving for an exclusive interview. Drama tells us about the international mixtape scene, DJ'ing in Dubai, how the game has evolved in the past decade and whether his position has changed since the feds bust a few years ago.

We also talk about his West Coast projects with DJ Nik Bean, which West Coast artists he's feeling at the moment and we ask him about the Young Jeezy situation.

Read all that and much more in this exclusive interview:

Exclusive Interview With DJ Drama (September '09)

good interview, good to see he's up on west coast artists like messy, nipsey and jay rock you know

dj skee & nik bean are big too, i'm not usually into the dj's talking all over the record(apart from whoever talks all over mazaradi fox's mixtapes), but its not a big deal unless its over done, for real

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:18:18 AM by LONDON!! »
"get this money by any means nessassary"