Author Topic: The 2000's classic albums  (Read 2037 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: The 2000's classic albums
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »
^
^
^
You think The Documentary had a bigger impact than Stillmatic? Stillmatic/Blueprint produced one of the biggest hip hop rivalries in years. It had a way bigger effect than Game's debut.

You talk about those albums like they are the holy grails of hip hop. But in reality there are many albums better than those 3.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:47:00 PM by Rapsodie »

Chad Vader

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 05:16:03 AM »
lol, how Em is anything but a straight up mc i don't know

So what? MC doesn't make you Hip Hop  :P
Bun B interview in FC#17 2009

Its important to separate "hip hop music" from "hip hop culture."

?

Just because you do not like eminem doesn't mean you have the right to try and take his effect/advancement in the game.
That Bun B interview ain't shit, because the general consensus of hip-hop is that there isn't any.
Every motherfucker has there own definition for what is Hip-hop and rap.
What makes a person real, what makes the person be the personification of it.

fine be stubborn,you know better than Bun-B.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:12:16 AM by Vader »

Blasphemy

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »
^
^
^
You think The Documentary had a bigger impact than Stillmatic? Stillmatic/Blueprint produced one of the biggest hip hop rivalries in years. It had a way bigger effect than Game's debut.

You talk about those albums like they are the holy grails of hip hop. But in reality there are many albums better than those 3.

I don't really count a HIp-Hop rivalies as a impact unless the end result was something like the 2pac and biggie deal (Were when both died, west rap nearly died, and east coast took a hit).Besides I named a FEW not all. Illimatic redefined lyricism, wtf stillmatic do???? Not a damn thing, The 3 I mention had more impact in changing the game :/ like I said, they are still dope albums, but there impact is minimal to none.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »
lol, how Em is anything but a straight up mc i don't know

?

Just because you do not like eminem doesn't mean you have the right to try and take his effect/advancement in the game.
That Bun B interview ain't shit, because the general consensus of hip-hop is that there isn't any.

Since when does Bun-B speak for hip hop? I suppose you think he knows better than KRS-One? Blasphemy is right, every person in the rap game has a different opinion of what hip hop is. One rapper's opinion means squat.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »
^
^
^

I don't really count a HIp-Hop rivalies as a impact unless the end result was something like the 2pac and biggie deal (Were when both died, west rap nearly died, and east coast took a hit).Besides I named a FEW not all. Illimatic redefined lyricism, wtf stillmatic do???? Not a damn thing, The 3 I mention had more impact in changing the game :/ like I said, they are still dope albums, but there impact is minimal to none.

Everyone was talking about Stillmatic and Blueprint when they came out. It was a huge deal. Stillmatic alone revived Nas's career.

The Documentary didn't change the game. Neither did Get Rich or Die Tryin.

I still don't know why you mentioned The Documentary. It is non-notable, aside from Game being the only new west rapper to make it big at that time. That album isn't even talked about in general, only by west coast heads.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:02:20 PM by Rapsodie »

Chad Vader

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »
lol, how Em is anything but a straight up MC i don't know

?

Since when does Bun-B speak for hip hop? I suppose you think he knows better than KRS-One?
Blasphemy is right, every person in the rap game has a different opinion of what hip hop is. One rapper's opinion means squat.

Speak for Hip Hop.... nah,but he speaks the truth.
KRS? KRS will support his words 100%.

Don't speak on shit you obviously don't know shit about.
You can't read yourself to Hip Hop....
Now,either you go out and learn what Hip Hop Really is or go back into your little pretend world and think Eminem,gangster rap and so is Hip Hop.  ;)

Since you was so smart to bring KRS into the mix  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I was there.... and where were you?  ;) ;) ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LBraR5bc6U&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6LBraR5bc6U&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

What a fantastic song  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:29:14 PM by Vader »

Blasphemy

« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »

?

Since when does Bun-B speak for hip hop? I suppose you think he knows better than KRS-One?
Blasphemy is right, every person in the rap game has a different opinion of what hip hop is. One rapper's opinion means squat.

Now,either you go out and learn what Hip Hop Really is or go back into your little pretend world and think Eminem,gangster rap and so is Hip Hop.  ;)

Since you was so smart to bring KRS into the mix  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LBraR5bc6U&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6LBraR5bc6U&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I like how some bitches think they KNOW what hip-hop is about just because Some guy talked about. When in reality ASK any mother fucker, some will agree, some will disagree.

And I talked about 50s album changing the game BECAUSE its club shit pretty much showed how sellable Hip-Hop can be.  Which is why record companies pretty much pushed for Club tracks/club artist now, and the cost of Lyricism and content has reached the point were Soulja Boy has a board topping single. Game's album helpped West Coast return from the black list and years of obsecurity, I'm not saying it IS a classic, but it has SOME chance of being a classic.

Stillimatic may of revived Nas carrier, but what has he done since then??? Everyone sayS "well he made Hip-Hop is dead". Stillimatic didn't have any impact beyond his own carrier.It hasn't shown little to no Influnce, Jay Z's stuff has I'll admit. Now just because a album isn't a Classic doesn't mean its Not great, A great album stands out amongest the rest, but a Classic stands out, and Will Always stand out years after its release.

Despite the fact I hate 50, His ass will be talked about (his debut anyways) because his effect on the club game.

Nas will be remember for Illmatic,

Game will be remembered as the dude who helped gave the West a Second chance with his album.

and Vader you're hating on Eminem is making you appear nothing more then a Ignorant bitch. Track's like Stan, have shown its effect. You don't have to Like the mother fucker, but you have to give proper credit were credit is deserved. I hate that nigga 50, but like it or not his shit did have a effect. It showed just how commercialized and mainstream rap has become and was the start were Club tracks would eventually be the main thing of the album. Eventually this lead into were music was pretty much just developed for the ringtone market.

Eminem despite his failure of a album "Encore" has shown previously that he can handle himself as a MC. Tracks like Stan have cultivated a very refined hip-hop and its result echos through the industry.Anyone ridding on a mother fucker quickly became known as a "Stan".

Vader, despite the Interview you linked up, the fact is everyone has a different view of Hip-Hop, real, whats fake, and what's just plain bullshit and what's classic, and what's had a impact. The point is no one can define it for everyone.If you're honestly using KRs to support Bun Bs words, then you're nothing more then a fake mother fucker who NEEDS other people to tell them what's Hip-Hop, what it means, and who is or isn't. You're dumbass can't push that bullshit on me.

Fact is the 3 I listed, all had some impact for the game, it wasn't a huge defining, but it helped shaped it some what. Besides, I said "Reason to be considered" I never said they were. People listing great albums had no viable reasons. I listed 3 off the top off my head. 50s nor games album won't be a classic, Games maybe a West Coast classic do to its effect here, and 50s have a better chance, but neither can compare to The Marshall Mathers LP impact with in the genre.

There will probably only be a Few I mean a very few with the 2000s, simply because at the time the previous 1s we know are classics came at a different time. When Lyricism, content, meaning, were the first thing we thought about.

Illmatic came out, everyone stepped up there Lyrical game. Chronic Came out, everyone copied that lazy drawl, when Straight Outta Compton came out, Everyone decided fuck censorship and came with the real life shit, that people are dealing with. When Me Against The World hit, Everyone was trying to play the Me Against The World persona, and struggles and hardship.

The Marshall Mathers LP became 1 of the last albums to show Lyricism, content, and meaning before mainstream sounds and clubs became the main reason. Now all you see is niggaz making shit simply for cellphones.

Chances of us seeing a Truly great album like The Chronic, or Illmatic or Ready 2 Die in this era is rare.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:36:11 PM by Blasphemy »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »

?

Go check the interview where KRS One says that 50 Cent is hip hop because he comes with that hardcore street shit.  ;D You really have no clue do you? One rapper  says something is hip hop. One rapper will say it isn't hip hop. Do you know how many hip hop legends show love to Ice T and Ice Cube for being hip hop pioneers? (the two rappers who are the epitome of gangsta) There are rappers with more credibility than Bun B who say gangsta rap is definitely hip hop. That's just his one opinion. It doesn't fucking matter because opinions are like asshole and everyone has one.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »
And I don't know why you are bringing up Eminem, but speaking of Eminem, another rapper your boy KRS One has given props to. You need to do your research concerning what rappers do or do not think is hip hop.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:24:09 PM by Rapsodie »

Chad Vader

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »

?

Go check the interview where KRS One says that 50 Cent is hip hop because he comes with that hardcore street shit.  ;D You really have no clue do you?
One rapper  says something is hip hop. One rapper will say it isn't hip hop.
Do you know how many hip hop legends show love to Ice T and Ice Cube for being hip hop pioneers? (the two rappers who are the epitome of gangster)
There are rappers with more credibility than Bun B who say gangster rap is definitely hip hop. That's just his one opinion.
It doesn't fucking matter because opinions are like asshole and everyone has one.

I used these rappers as examples. Should I used myself? Been there done that since late 83? (Breaker and Graff writer)...
Ice T and the West coast mixed their own cultural heritage with East coast hip hop.
Popping,they're own style of graf heavily inspired by Cholo writing and gangster rap.

The Radio Crew (Ice T and Chris "The Glove" Taylor one of Dr.Dre's co-producers troughout the years)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q3Q8oTSnVME&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q3Q8oTSnVME&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

T-Lok a LA Cholo graffiti

Ice T got his feet planted in both camps,with his ties to NYC.
He knows his and tell you straight up 99% of these gangster rappers ain't Hip Hop.

and Vader you're hating on Eminem is making you appear nothing more then a Ignorant bitch.
Track's like Stan, have shown its effect. You don't have to Like the mother fucker, but you have to give proper credit were credit is deserved.

Stan is a brilliant track,hands down.

Vader, despite the Interview you linked up,
the fact is everyone has a different view of Hip-Hop, real, whats fake, and what's just plain bullshit and what's classic, and what's had a impact.
The point is no one can define it for everyone.

You really needs to go and know the ledge what Hip Hop is.
Hip Hop is what it is.... can't change that  ;)

If you're honestly using KRS to support Bun Bs words, then you're nothing more then a fake mother fucker who NEEDS other people to tell them what's Hip-Hop, what it means, and who is or isn't. You're dumbass can't push that bullshit on me.

YOU brought in KRS to the mix ;)
That track is a anthem of mine..... cause I was there.... and where were you?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

And I don't know why you are bringing up Eminem, but speaking of Eminem, another rapper your boy KRS One has given props to.
You need to do your research concerning what rappers do or do not think is hip hop.

Eminem is a very talented song writer. I give him props for that as well..... but Hip Hop nah....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »

And I don't know why you are bringing up Eminem, but speaking of Eminem, another rapper your boy KRS One has given props to.
You need to do your research concerning what rappers do or do not think is hip hop.

Eminem is a very talented song writer. I give him props for that as well..... but in my opinion he's not Hip Hop....

fixed. But again, your personal opinion is as irrelevant as Bun B's. I've already pointed out, using your own criteria (rapper's opinions, in this case KRS-One's), how Eminem is in fact hip hop. This is one of the last guys you want to accuse of not being hip hop, considering he actually comes from the emcee culture of cyphers.

lmao, all your talk about what is and isn't hip hop and you can't even come up with even a definition of what it is. Its because its impossible. You can't draw lines. And what you were doing in 83 is meaningless to this discussion. How many times do I have to point out all the conflicting opinions of everyone who has ever been involved in hip hop? What Rakim considers hip hop is different than what KRS One considers hip hop. Which is different than what Rev Run considers hip hop, or what Nas considers hip hop. This isn't arguable, this is fact. So which one of these rapper's are you basing your views on exactly? Please indulge me, which one of these rapper's is speaking the truth about what is hip hop, since they all have different opinions? Whichever one you pick, you better make sure you do your research, as you already showed in the KRS One example that you really don't know what these rappers' views are.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2009, 11:05:13 PM »
The Documentary, The Game's first album a certified classic, sure the club presence was there do to 50 cent, but the topics, the ambition, everything was there. The album brought back spotlight and brought attention to many west coast rappers who would of never gotten into the game. Though the fact this album never will be praised for its lyricism do to the constant name dropping, its effect in westcoast hip hop is evidence, with the new array of west coast rappers finally getting a chance to be show case. Only question is, who will capitalize off this new found spotlight, and who will become the next stepping stone into bring back West Coast rap back from the blacklist and get a chance of fairplay.

GRODT is a classic simply because of the influence of it, The Documentary isn't a classic it's practically the westcoast version of GRODT and who did it open the door for? Unless i'm forgetting somebody, all of the new west cats are getting pushed back or dropped, everyone on the WC is still waiting for what Dre's gonna do next. And i don't understand how you can say Stillmatic isn't a classic, it dropped in the middle of one of the biggest rap beefs ever, had one of the biggest diss tracks ever, revived Nas's career basically confirming that Nas is undeniably one of the GOATs. Since then he's dropped 4 above average albums, 2 of which created loads of controversy and he's still one of the biggest artists around today who hasn't gone commercial
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:53:05 AM by Makaveli's Food & Liquor »

Chad Vader

« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »

Eminem is a very talented song writer. I give him props for that as well..... but in my opinion he's not Hip Hop....

fixed. But again, your personal opinion is as irrelevant as Bun B's. I've already pointed out, using your own criteria (rapper's opinions, in this case KRS-One's), how Eminem is in fact hip hop. This is one of the last guys you want to accuse of not being hip hop, considering he actually comes from the emcee culture of cyphers.

I never heard KRS say that....
I heard him speak on EM once at a show,all he said was;
Before Em came MC Serch  :P

lmao, all your talk about what is and isn't hip hop and you can't even come up with even a definition of what it is. Its because its impossible. You can't draw lines. And what you were doing in 83 is meaningless to this discussion. How many times do I have to point out all the conflicting opinions of everyone who has ever been involved in hip hop? What Rakim considers hip hop is different than what KRS One considers hip hop. Which is different than what Rev Run considers hip hop, or what Nas considers hip hop. This isn't arguable, this is fact. So which one of these rapper's are you basing your views on exactly? Please indulge me, which one of these rapper's is speaking the truth about what is hip hop, since they all have different opinions? Whichever one you pick, you better make sure you do your research, as you already showed in the KRS One example that you really don't know what these rappers' views are.

OK,I'm going to be civilized. EM has done Hip Hop (his rabbit character and music on the 8Mile OST),other than that.... well,I wont bother to speak on it.
Definition?
Soak this knowledge up;  ;)

+

+

Study those... then maybe we can speak again.

Respect the pioneers,their artform and know the ledge  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:04:11 PM by Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2009, 12:11:51 AM »

Game's album helpped West Coast return from the black list and years of obsecurity, I'm not saying it IS a classic, but it has SOME chance of being a classic.
not really

Jay_J

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
Restless by Xzibit
The Last Meal by Snoop Dogg
Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
Space Boogie by Kurupt
Music and Me by Nate Dogg
Get Rich Or Die Tryin' by 50 Cent
Devil's Night by D12
Blueprint by Jay-Z
Stillmatic by Nas
Stoned Raiders by Cypress Hill
Collage Dropout by Kanye West
Return Of The Regulater by Warren-G
Deliverance by Bubba Sparxx
Genesis by Busta Rhymes
Rip The Jaker by Canibus
Revolutionary Vol.2 by Immortal Technique
Dillinger & Young Gotti by The Dogg Pound
Cheers by Obbie Trice
Death is Certain by Royce Da 5'9''
Indecent Proposal by Timbaland&Magoo

Those are the one i can remember now.... I hope there are somebody never heard some of em... Hey my friend, if you never heard of any of em, its your lucky day, because you will listen a new classic hiphop album... You dont need to thank me then ;)