Author Topic: if your a true boxing fan  (Read 415 times)

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
Re: if your a true boxing fan
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
then you would appreaciate any time floyd fights. niggas complaining because he aint going out just slugging it out with no brains. this nigga in the ring is like art. his foot movement , counters etc. but ya dont hear me though

I approve this message

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
To kill UFC all boxing needs to do is let Vitali enter the UFC to face Lesnar. If Klitschko can simply stand there and KO Brock, no kicking, no ground and pound, just stand there knock himdown, let him get back up then knock him out, everyone and their mother stops giving a shit about UFC.
Vitali would get killed by Lesnar, he would get taken down and raped for 25 minutes. Same with Fedor except Vitali would prolly get his arm broken.

Boxer's have a better shot in K-1. They wouldn't last in the UFC, far too technical. Just like a MMA fighter wouldn't get far in Boxing. You can't expect MMA fighters to be world class boxers like professional boxers. They're not in the gym focusing on one aspect of their game 24/7, they have other styles they have to work on, wrestling, jiu jitsu, muay thai, etc. In a boxing match, the boxer would win. In a MMA fight the MMA fighter would win. End of story.

I've been watching boxing almost all my life, Im still a fan but theres nothing that catches my interest anymore. With MMA theres always exciting fights and great match ups. Alot of Boxing fans think the whole ground aspect is boring but I think that shit is tight as fuck. Seeing all these different transitions and subs is exciting. Theres not one ground style in MMA, theres so many variations of just jiu jitsu its amazing what some of these fighters come up with.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »
Boxer's have a better shot in K-1. They wouldn't last in the UFC, far too technical. Just like a MMA fighter wouldn't get far in Boxing. You can't expect MMA fighters to be world class boxers like professional boxers. They're not in the gym focusing on one aspect of their game 24/7, they have other styles they have to work on, wrestling, jiu jitsu, muay thai, etc. In a boxing match, the boxer would win. In a MMA fight the MMA fighter would win. End of story.
[/quote,

Spot on there.

Mayweather is something else.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 08:38:24 PM »
[/quote,

Spot on there.

yeah this is real shit. I always hate it when MMA fans think that MMA fighters would compete with World Class boxers in a boxing match lol. They would get destroyed. Just the same, a boxer wouldnt stand much of a chance in a UFC ring. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »
To kill UFC all boxing needs to do is let Vitali enter the UFC to face Lesnar. If Klitschko can simply stand there and KO Brock, no kicking, no ground and pound, just stand there knock himdown, let him get back up then knock him out, everyone and their mother stops giving a shit about UFC.
Vitali would get killed by Lesnar, he would get taken down and raped for 25 minutes. Same with Fedor except Vitali would prolly get his arm broken.

I've been watching boxing almost all my life, Im still a fan but theres nothing that catches my interest anymore. With MMA theres always exciting fights and great match ups. Alot of Boxing fans think the whole ground aspect is boring but I think that shit is tight as fuck. Seeing all these different transitions and subs is exciting. Theres not one ground style in MMA, theres so many variations of just jiu jitsu its amazing what some of these fighters come up with.

Fedor is a different story altogether. Fedor is a world class fighter. Lesnar is second rate amateur wrestler who uses his strength and size to dominate weaker opponents. People see Lesnar and think because he was in the NCAA he's world class. He's not. He never stood a chance at getting into the Olympics. He was good in college but Vitali was probably a better Kickboxer than Brock was a wrestler. He never wins with speed anyway. He wins with brute force. Against Vitali he gives up a height and reach advantage. It'll be hard to get in and take him down with out catching one.

The bottom line is that we've seen way better wrestlers than boxers in the MMA. No great young boxer would go near UFC. The money is way bigger in boxing for a fighter. The only decent boxer to ever enter MMA was Ray Mercer and at almost 50 years old he KOd a very experienced Tim Sylvia. To say Lesnar would kill Vitali is stupid.

I never said the best boxer would dominate MMA. I said a big strong power puncher with skill like Klitschko would be able to beat Lesnar. Would Roy Jones in his prime be able to beat GSP? Maybe not. But Lesnar doesn't have near the skill of GSP or Fedor.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »

Spot on there.

yeah this is real shit. I always hate it when MMA fans think that MMA fighters would compete with World Class boxers in a boxing match lol. They would get destroyed. Just the same, a boxer wouldnt stand much of a chance in a UFC ring. 
MMA fans have more sense than that. It's the meathead-tapout-shirt-wearing-douchebags that ruin our rep. Theyre the reason I dont go to public places to watch UFC events anymore.

Fedor is a different story altogether. Fedor is a world class fighter. Lesnar is second rate amateur wrestler who uses his strength and size to dominate weaker opponents. People see Lesnar and think because he was in the NCAA he's world class. He's not. He never stood a chance at getting into the Olympics. He was good in college but Vitali was probably a better Kickboxer than Brock was a wrestler. He never wins with speed anyway. He wins with brute force. Against Vitali he gives up a height and reach advantage. It'll be hard to get in and take him down with out catching one.

The bottom line is that we've seen way better wrestlers than boxers in the MMA. No great young boxer would go near UFC. The money is way bigger in boxing for a fighter. The only decent boxer to ever enter MMA was Ray Mercer and at almost 50 years old he KOd a very experienced Tim Sylvia. To say Lesnar would kill Vitali is stupid.

I never said the best boxer would dominate MMA. I said a big strong power puncher with skill like Klitschko would be able to beat Lesnar. Would Roy Jones in his prime be able to beat GSP? Maybe not. But Lesnar doesn't have near the skill of GSP or Fedor.

second rate amateur? lol. 106-5 in 4 years of college. Runner up in 99 and champ in 2000. Guys with bigger reaches and who are taller get taken down by wrestlers without getting hit sometimes for the whole fight. Chances are Vitali would catch him during one of those takedowns, he could be off balance so even if he does catch him it might not do damage or Lesnar will recover while hes laying on him. I stand by my statement of Vitali getting taken to the ground and raped for 5 rounds.

I hope you're not comparing Mercer-Sylvia to Lesnar-Vitali. Sylvia has been ass for a minute. He was champ when the division was shit, literally shit.

That paragraph wasn't to you, that was just in general. I saw some of the other posts n threw in my 2 cents.

While Lesnar doesnt have the skill anywhere near Fedor he would still beat Vitali with his knowledge of wrestling. Notice when I said Vitali would get his arm broken by Fedor, thats because Fedors ground skills are more than just gnp.

One more thing about that 'Height Advantage' Lesnar is a huge guy, but most of that is cuz of his frame. he's only 6'3, in almost every fight he's had his height advantage is only around an inch.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »
A first rate amateur makes the olympics. A second rate makes it in college. Lesnar wasn't good enough to even be considered for the Olympics, or any world competitions for that matter. Add in the fact thaty he wins with size not skill means something when he'd be going against a taller guy. My point is that his wrestling skills were never all that great. Much like his MMA skills. He's not Dan Hodge, who in his prime I'd predict to beat every top MMA fighter.

Sylvia may be ass, but Mercer is a washed up 50 year old and showed the world what a real puncher can do in the MMA. Slyvia's got a way better chance at beating Lesnar than Mercer has of beating Vitali.

Lesnar has never been hit by a shot like Vitali will be giving him, especially with that small glove. All he has to do is keep Brock at bay and wait for a low take down. He gets Brock with an uppercut and it's over. Over. No recovery after the takedow because their won't be a takedown. It'd be like me or you swinging a bat at Brock's face. That's if Vitali doesn't catch him with a knee or front kick first.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »
undefeated in HS, goes to college for 4 years, accomplishes alot then goes straight into Pro wrestling. Im sure dude wanted to do more than be in the olympics. You do know that wrestling is a skill right, bro?

''showed the world what a real puncher can do in the MMA'' LOL. 2 washed up fighters, 8 seconds pass and the boxer KO's him...it happens. Everyone has a punchers chance. Kimbo Slice choked him out dude....

It's easier said than done. For all you knoe your boy goes out there throws a punch, Lesnar ducks, gets the double leg, stays in side control and feeds him bricks for 4 1/2 minutes each round.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »
undefeated in HS, goes to college for 4 years, accomplishes alot then goes straight into Pro wrestling. Im sure dude wanted to do more than be in the olympics. You do know that wrestling is a skill right, bro?

''showed the world what a real puncher can do in the MMA'' LOL. 2 washed up fighters, 8 seconds pass and the boxer KO's him...it happens. Everyone has a punchers chance. Kimbo Slice choked him out dude....

It's easier said than done. For all you knoe your boy goes out there throws a punch, Lesnar ducks, gets the double leg, stays in side control and feeds him bricks for 4 1/2 minutes each round.

Dude, I'm a wrestling fan first. I know what a skill it is and I know Lesnar was great because of his size and strength, not his skill. He didn't make the Olympics because he wasn't good enough. It's as simple as that. Undefeated in highschool is the story of almost every guy with a scholarship. Lesnar was never a quick or good take down guy. Vitali could train with 100 guys better at it than Lesnar and if he can learn to deal with them he can easily deal with Brock. The best wrestlers will always beat the best boxers. But the second best wrestlers will not always beat the best boxers.

Kimbo neat Mercer because Mercer took the fight under the pretense that it would be a slugfest. Kimbo bitched out and trained submissions after challenging him to a knock out brawl. That's beside the point. Mercer is still a 50 year old man.

Now let me finish with my original quote "If Klitschko can simply stand there and KO Brock, no kicking, no ground and pound, just stand there knock himdown, let him get back up then knock him out, everyone and their mother stops giving a shit about UFC."

Notice I said If. You're the one so sure of himself. Brock definitely has a chance but so does Vitali. And Vitali in my mind has a better chance because Brock is just a ground and pound brawler. I've seen no superb wrestling from him in UFC. If it was Fedor than I don't think Vitali would have any chance.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:37 AM »

Dude, I'm a wrestling fan first. I know what a skill it is and I know Lesnar was great because of his size and strength, not his skill. He didn't make the Olympics because he wasn't good enough. It's as simple as that. Undefeated in highschool is the story of almost every guy with a scholarship. Lesnar was never a quick or good take down guy. Vitali could train with 100 guys better at it than Lesnar and if he can learn to deal with them he can easily deal with Brock. The best wrestlers will always beat the best boxers. But the second best wrestlers will not always beat the best boxers.

Kimbo neat Mercer because Mercer took the fight under the pretense that it would be a slugfest. Kimbo bitched out and trained submissions after challenging him to a knock out brawl. That's beside the point. Mercer is still a 50 year old man.

Now let me finish with my original quote "If Klitschko can simply stand there and KO Brock, no kicking, no ground and pound, just stand there knock himdown, let him get back up then knock him out, everyone and their mother stops giving a shit about UFC."

Notice I said If. You're the one so sure of himself. Brock definitely has a chance but so does Vitali. And Vitali in my mind has a better chance because Brock is just a ground and pound brawler. I've seen no superb wrestling from him in UFC. If it was Fedor than I don't think Vitali would have any chance.

Did he even try out for the olympics? Vitali could train with 200 dudes better than Lesnar even if he learns to deal with it that doesnt mean it's gonna be effective when he's fighting him. Unless Vitali is skilled in wrestling shit isn't gonna happen, plain and simple.

How did he bitch out? It's a fuckin MMA fight. Doesn't matter if he thought it was gonna be a slugfest, point is it's an MMA fight.

Unless Vitali also has a horseshoe up his ass and catches him flush on the button I believe it would be a one sided fight. Vitali KO'ing Brock wouldn't hurt the UFC, the boxing fans that are already big on MMA wont go back. And us MMA fans will stick with the UFC. Boxing cards are shit, no other way to put it, which is why I would never in my life pay for a boxing event. Shit's not worth the money, with UFC i'm seeing muthafuckas get KO'd with not just punches but kicks, elbows, knees, slams. Alot of people don't like ground battles, I love it. Triangle chokes, omoplatas, gogoplatas, americanas, kimuras, etc. Sometimes there are boring fights, but out of 7 fights there are gonna be more good/exciting fight then the 1 or 2 boring ones.

Brock may not have superb wrestling, but what he knows right now is enough to control Vitali for the entire fight.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »

Did he even try out for the olympics? Vitali could train with 200 dudes better than Lesnar even if he learns to deal with it that doesnt mean it's gonna be effective when he's fighting him. Unless Vitali is skilled in wrestling shit isn't gonna happen, plain and simple.

How did he bitch out? It's a fuckin MMA fight. Doesn't matter if he thought it was gonna be a slugfest, point is it's an MMA fight.

Unless Vitali also has a horseshoe up his ass and catches him flush on the button I believe it would be a one sided fight. Vitali KO'ing Brock wouldn't hurt the UFC, the boxing fans that are already big on MMA wont go back. And us MMA fans will stick with the UFC. Boxing cards are shit, no other way to put it, which is why I would never in my life pay for a boxing event. Shit's not worth the money, with UFC i'm seeing muthafuckas get KO'd with not just punches but kicks, elbows, knees, slams. Alot of people don't like ground battles, I love it. Triangle chokes, omoplatas, gogoplatas, americanas, kimuras, etc. Sometimes there are boring fights, but out of 7 fights there are gonna be more good/exciting fight then the 1 or 2 boring ones.

Brock may not have superb wrestling, but what he knows right now is enough to control Vitali for the entire fight.

Try out or not. I'm telling you he wasn't good enough. End of story.

He bitched out because it was an exhibition match brought upon by Kimbo claiming he'll kock out Mercer. Then once it started he started wrestling. It's no different than challenging a guy to a punch for punch contest, taking his best shot to the stomach then ounching the guy back in the balls, then raising your arms in victory.

MMA will never be in danger to guys like me and you. I've been watching since 96. I gladly sat through 45 minutes of Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn circling each other. But the top boxer knocking out the UFC champ would a) make that fag Dana White look stupider in interviews than when he said Fedor is nothing special, and b) make all those clowns with tap out shirts who didn't start watching until UFC 90 stop caring as much.

And how do you know Brock has enough to take down Vitali? What evidence do you have of BRock taking down 6'7'' skilled kickboxers? It's not the one punch Brock should worry about. A single punch probably won't drop him, but if it opens up for a combo it's over.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
But it's an MMA fight, no matter what a fighter says you have to be prepared for whatever he/she may bring.

While that may shut Dana up for a while, I like the guy but he is a prick, those douchebags in the TapouT shirts aren't gonna stop caring, if anything they might find out who Fedor is and start talking even more shit.

No matter how skilled you think he's not, he's still a good wrestler with tons of experience, more than Vitali could learn in a couple months leading up to a fight. That said, if Vitali would enter the UFC he may have a couple W's, that division has some good fighters, but it's nothing like LightWeight and LightHeavy.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
But it's an MMA fight, no matter what a fighter says you have to be prepared for whatever he/she may bring.

While that may shut Dana up for a while, I like the guy but he is a prick, those douchebags in the TapouT shirts aren't gonna stop caring, if anything they might find out who Fedor is and start talking even more shit.

No matter how skilled you think he's not, he's still a good wrestler with tons of experience, more than Vitali could learn in a couple months leading up to a fight. That said, if Vitali would enter the UFC he may have a couple W's, that division has some good fighters, but it's nothing like LightWeight and LightHeavy.

Vitali would not have to learn how to wrestle. He would simply have to train against ounching the top or back of the head of relatively slow restlers going for a takedown. Because the only way Brock can win is with a takedown. A stand up fight is out of the question. I have a better shot beating Tiger Woods on the front 9 than Brock has standing up.

My point is simple and it was very simple from the beginning; if the boxing world wants to hurt MMA's gaining popularity in the mainstream they'd send in their best guy to fight the UFC champ and hope for a win, and because it's Brock who isn't that skilled of a fighter and wins with brute strength against weaker guys, sending Vitali in would be ideal because he'd be the best shot at victory. The best situation for boxing would be an old time wash up like Mercer or Holyfield doing it but the only way they could win is with dumb luck. Vitali could train and have a real shot against Brock.

When it's all said and done, the second boxing gets another star heavyweight you'll start seeing the PPV records being set again. They find a white American from the poor neighborhoods and can win belts and it's over.