Author Topic: Titans @ Patriiots gamethread  (Read 1465 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Titans @ Patriiots gamethread
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:56 PM »
joe montana > steve young >  dan marino

Joey is first. ;D

well i know ur a football stat guy and stats say Young as better

but ill take the only 3 time Superbowl MVP in NFL history

i'd say rings count for something. ;D

there is some kind of aura behind Montana, which just makes him the best.

Young was unreal though; Sean Hill needs to pick up the slack. :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

You think Dan Marino never would have won an SB playing on the 9ers in the 90s? C'mon, Young is proof that he can't cut it on bad teams. Marino played on some stinker Fins teams and still excelled. I disagree with the Montana argument, but I understand it. I don't understand anyone saying Young over Marino.

And Cham, that aura is called nostalgia. We're all kids of the 80s. Out first memories of football is watching Montana hold up the trophy and hearing about how he'd held it before. If we were kids of the 50s that aura would have been around Unitas and Joe would have been just another great QB.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »

Joey is first. ;D

rings = team stat

trent dilfer is better than dan marino or dan foutes? 
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »
I agree about rings not being a factor.If matt cassel had been the qb for patriots instead of brady he would have almost the exact same stats and the same amount of rings.Rings are about the team.Barry sanders was the greatest running back in nfl history but he was never on a good team.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »

Joey is first. ;D

rings = team stat

No because he played in a different era, but Jim McMahon and Doug Williams shit on Marino and Fouts.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »

Joey is first. ;D

rings = team stat

speaking of Trent Dilfer, he explained it BEAUTIFULLY one SportsCenter today.

it's a business that is all about winning, when you talk about coaches they are only as good as how many games they win, so QBs should be under the same light.

how can half the time you guys say "it's a team sport" & the other half talk about individual accolades?

FACT, Tom Brady has the most TD's in a half & the most in a single season & has 3 rings. again, FACT!

every other argument in this thread is "blah blah blah IF he was there he WOULD have won blah blah blah".

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2009, 08:51:56 PM »

Joey is first. ;D

rings = team stat

No because he played in a different era, but Jim McMahon and Doug Williams shit on Marino and Fouts.

LOL

go look at doug williams career after that SB game

he's the Aaron Boone of football lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »
i wrote an essay about this game on the titans message board lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »
post it here

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 10:23:41 PM »
some was due to the immediate and day after anger lol. I didn't mean what I said about CJ or Jake Scott LOL.

I'm fed up of this crap man. This has been the most painful season to watch since I became a Titans fan. Yep, even worse than that 4-12 year when we still had Mcnair, Mason, Rolle, Wycheck, etc. Last night was the worst, most embarrassing football game I've ever watched. We looked like a horrible College team or good high school team at best. I don't care what anyone says, those players weren't ready to play from the beginning. Would have been better if we didn't show up. -7 pass yards? mines will not have thrown a pass and kept it at 0 (better than -7). I had never been embarrassed to be a Titans fan MY ENTIRE life..until last night. That was flat out embarrassing. With that said, I am a die hard titans fan and will remain one for life. This is unbelievable though. What is bothering me the most is I feel like their is no short term fix for this at all.

QB: Collins is a journeyman and is at the end of the road. The WR haven't helped him but he is finished. As for Young, I am a big fan but have a bad feeling he won't turn it around. Will see on him because I'm sure he'll start against the Jags. Fisher sees him everyday in practice though, and I can't help but think he hasn't turned to him for a reason.

HB: Johnson is a home run hitter and one of the best RB in the league. But he seems to have a lot of runs that go for a loss. LenDale White seems to have a serious problem tucking away that ball; so freaking fumble prone. I'll be glad to see him go. Ringer won that 2nd string job for next year in mop up duty.

FB: Hall is solid

WR: A bunch of fumble fingers. They bring in Washington (who was only a #3 in Pittsburgh) and think the problem is fixed. Washington has been ok, but seems to drop passes a lot too; They throw in Britt expecting him to already dominate; give me a break. Gage will make a great catch one play and drop an easy one on the next play.

TE: Scaife is the same as Gage; makes a great catch and then drops an easy one. Crumpler is finished. The promise Cook showed in camp and in pre season hasn't translated one bit. Granted that is (hopefully) due to the injury; because he better freaking pan out since we gave up a 2nd rounder (which will be HIGH) for him.

O-Line: Jake Scott is over rated. Mawae is at the end of his line. Amano is average. Stewart & Ross are the only 100% solid o lineman.

D-Line: Not a single player can get to the damn QB. Vanden Bosch is aging and a free agent after this year. Brown, Jones, Hayes and Ford have their moments; inconsistent though. Haye hasn't shown me a damn thing. Kearse is done. I especially like Brown & Jones, but they don't make a good team; they play at their best when there DT partner is dominating and demanding a double team. Tony Brown isn't good enough to be the #1 DT; he's an EXCELLENT #2 though. Same with Jones.

LB: Bulluck & Thornton are aging and Bulluck probably won't be back; I don't blame him if he doesn't want to be apart of this mess no longer. He's aging but still very solid, and will probably sign with a super bowl contender, as he should. I like Tulloch but seems not a lot of people do, so that may be a problem too, but I wouldn't address MLB (Tulloch)

DB: The lack of depth really killed us as a poster on here guessed it could before the season started. Finnegan is GREAT. Rookies Mouton, McCourty and Williams are as excpected, looked like crap; Mouton was especially horrible last night. Harper is done and has really lost more than one step. Hope has looked average. What the HELL happened to Michel Griffin? Let me quote analyst Jeff Ridson:

"Has any player ever regressed as badly as Titans safety Michael Griffin has from one season to the next? I understand he had little help from his overmatched corners (Ryan Mouton had the mother of all bad days), but a huge part of playing safety is making quick reads and reacting to them. Griffin got caught standing and staring several times by Tom Brady, and that wasn't the first time this year. Not even the 21st time this year...and this guy was in the Pro Bowl last year."

K/P: We're in desperate need of a new P next year.

Special Teams: probably the worst in the league. Another case of "he's too expensive, let him go and will replace him with a diamond in the rough" is the case of lettng Chris Carr go. Carr had us first in the league last year in kick return yardage; we let him go 'cause we're cheap skates, and look at us now  :-X

I'm just so fed up. So many damn problems. I really dislike Bud Adams too. Coaching wise, Cecil should definitely be fired. Maybe Heim as well.

I've seen a lot of people calling for the firing of Jeff Fisher. I still stand behind him. He's the highest paid coach in the league for a reason. He has no freaking players. If it was up to me, he stays. if he MUST go, it better be Cowher, Shanahan or Gruden replacing him.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2009, 10:30:53 PM »
ive seen alot of bad teams for the jets and giants

its been awhile since an 0-6 start though....cant recall any lately

Jaydc

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
ive seen alot of bad teams for the jets and giants

its been awhile since an 0-6 start though....cant recall any lately

I remember that 1-15 season they had.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
yeah 96

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »

Joey is first. ;D

rings = team stat

speaking of Trent Dilfer, he explained it BEAUTIFULLY one SportsCenter today.

it's a business that is all about winning, when you talk about coaches they are only as good as how many games they win, so QBs should be under the same light.

how can half the time you guys say "it's a team sport" & the other half talk about individual accolades?

FACT, Tom Brady has the most TD's in a half & the most in a single season & has 3 rings. again, FACT!

every other argument in this thread is "blah blah blah IF he was there he WOULD have won blah blah blah".

FACT, Roger Maris has more single season homeruns than Babe Ruth. Big Fucking Deal. The Babe's still the best HR hitter of all time and still has the best season with the bat ever. Manning 04 is still the best QB season ever.

It's also funny that the worst QB with a Superbowl ring is the one defending the QB's signficance.

5 TDs in a quarter where the opposing team fumbled twice, and intercepted another, and then went 3 and out twice. Then decided to use the unorthodox defensive strategy of leaving both Moss and Welker wide open. Just explain to me how any of the top 15 QBs in the league wouldn't have gotten the exact same result. I would really like you to break it down.

Drew Brees had an exponentially better game than Brady, but fags like Deion Sanders who ejaculate at the sound of Brady's voice still call his performance the best of the week. That's what I mean when I say the media does it on purpose. Brady is Brad Pitt. They just want to sell him. Getting 350+ and 4 TDs against the Giants is incredible but it gets second fiddle to 6 TDs against a team that never got off the bus.

The fact that you cannot even openly admit that Marino and Fouts are better QBs than Dilfer is disgraceful. Look outside the box, watch the actual play on te field, and stop feeding into this media bullshit.

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
Brady did nothing exceptional. All he did was throw to wide open WR all quarter. When I say wide open, I really stress that. Any QB could have done what he did. Those 3 rookie CB were no match for anything or anyone.