Poll

Which album do you like more?

No Limit Top Dogg
24 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
46 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal  (Read 2534 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2022, 04:18:40 AM »
i prefer paid the cost over topp dogg.

that batman and robin shit is wild!

and the other with redman!

Paid Tha Cost is underrated

I would put Last Meal and Top Dogg over it though

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2022, 10:02:57 AM »
Paid Tha Cost is underrated

I would put Last Meal and Top Dogg over it though
m

last meal and top dogg are way better than paid the cost. it’s not even close tbh.

Jay_J

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2022, 10:32:34 AM »
i prefer paid the cost over topp dogg.

that batman and robin shit is wild!

and the other with redman!

definately underrated. lollipop, paper'd up, ballin, suited and booted... lots of hits for a single album.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
m

last meal and top dogg are way better than paid the cost. it’s not even close tbh.

they are better but you could make the case for both those albums to be classic

I like Paid Tha Cost because you have Snoop working with Primo, both those tracks were fire

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2022, 01:53:20 PM »
they are better but you could make the case for both those albums to be classic

I like Paid Tha Cost because you have Snoop working with Primo, both those tracks were fire

paid tha cost is dope no doubt

but top dogg & last meal are near classic

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2022, 07:26:32 PM »
Definitely the Three Best Snoop Albums!

1.  Doggystyle-  Perfection

2.  No Limit Top Dogg-  Great album.  We couldn't have asked for anything more than this from Snoop at this stage in his career.  So many great tracks, the 3 Dre produced tracks all lived up to the hype, Snoop killed it over Meach Wells "My Heat Goes Boom" and there was really no filler tracks in the whole album.

3.  The Last Meal.  Also a great album, but fell just short of No Limit Top Dogg.

Other noteworthy album...

4.  Snoop Dogg Presents the Eastsidaz-  The first album he did with the Eastsidaz at the beggining of 00' was a breath of fresh air for West Coast hip-hop.  It was like a revival of the old days. 

Other Snoop Albums Fall Way Short of Expectations..

5.  Doggfather-  Wasn't that bad if taken by itself, but considering the expectations after Doggystyle and the pressure on Snoop to save Death Row, the West Coast, and gangsta rap, it was a collasal failure; if 2pac being killed was like the Titanic hitting the iceberg, this is the first signs of the ship beginning to sink under water. 

Rest aren't even worth mentioning....

Doggfather is an incredibly underrated album. And Blue Carpet Treatment also deserves to be mentioned. It’s the next best after those mentioned.

Between NLTD and Last meal that’s really tough and just depends on my mood but I’ll give the edge to Last Meal

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2022, 07:30:46 PM »
These albums are both comparable... Top Dogg actually started the West Resurgence with Dre and Snoop linking back up and Xzibit’s rise...

Then Last Meal had more Dogghouse input so it’s maybe a bit funkier I think they compare and compliment each other banged the hell out of both albums
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2022, 07:33:34 PM »
These albums are both comparable... Top Dogg actually started the West Resurgence with Dre and Snoop linking back up and Xzibit’s rise...

Then Last Meal had more Dogghouse input so it’s maybe a bit funkier I think they compare and compliment each other banged the hell out of both albums

Yup great times for the West. To me personally they are classic albums. That Xzibit verse is some of the hardest shit ever

doggfather

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2022, 07:57:24 AM »
u guys throwin up the term classic too much IMO and most of the time without a reason.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2022, 11:55:57 AM »
Yup great times for the West. To me personally they are classic albums. That Xzibit verse is some of the hardest shit ever

"Bitch Please" was THE moment that marked the start of the West resurgence.. and it was Xzibit's 16 that set it off.. and then news broke that Dre was gonna executive produce Xzibit's 3rd solo.. this all started in Spring of 99'.  I remember going out and buying both Xzibit first two albums soon thereafter.  "Just Dippin" was a big deal as well cause it was Dre and Snoop trading bar for bar on a track again so it was like return of "G Thang" (and nod to BadAzz cause I think he wrote that track, RIP)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2022, 12:14:26 PM »
"Bitch Please" was THE moment that marked the start of the West resurgence.. and it was Xzibit's 16 that set it off.. and then news broke that Dre was gonna executive produce Xzibit's 3rd solo.. this all started in Spring of 99'.  I remember going out and buying both Xzibit first two albums soon thereafter.  "Just Dippin" was a big deal as well cause it was Dre and Snoop trading bar for bar on a track again so it was like return of "G Thang" (and nod to BadAzz cause I think he wrote that track, RIP)

You’re a little bit older so you probably have a better memory of that time but I remember it pretty well too. I just didn’t realize the significance. I was just in awe of the music like this is the dopest shit I’ve ever heard!!!

Bad Azz wrote Just Dippin?

Jay_J

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2022, 10:53:33 PM »

as i remember Hittman wrote Dre's verses on Just Dippin.

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2022, 10:59:19 PM »
as i remember Hittman wrote Dre's verses on Just Dippin.

money

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2022, 11:27:21 PM »
You’re a little bit older so you probably have a better memory of that time but I remember it pretty well too. I just didn’t realize the significance. I was just in awe of the music like this is the dopest shit I’ve ever heard!!!

Bad Azz wrote Just Dippin?

I got all my liner notes stolen during a move in 2001 (they thought the cd's were inside) but discogs also says written by Bad Azz.  Sccit has all the real cd's/liner notes maybe someone can verify.  This is from Discogs

https://www.discogs.com/release/13160616-Snoop-Dogg-The-Best-Of-Snoop-Dogg

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2022, 01:24:18 AM »
I got all my liner notes stolen during a move in 2001 (they thought the cd's were inside) but discogs also says written by Bad Azz.  Sccit has all the real cd's/liner notes maybe someone can verify.  This is from Discogs

https://www.discogs.com/release/13160616-Snoop-Dogg-The-Best-Of-Snoop-Dogg

bad azz helped write snoop’s verse n hittman wrote dre’s