Poll

Which album do you like more?

No Limit Top Dogg
24 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
46 (65.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal  (Read 2554 times)

Sccit

Re: No Limit Top Dogg or Tha Last Meal
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »
being pedantic and splitting hairs again... do I have 324 hairs on my head or 322?

It's like the argument over who was the first to coin "G Funk" on a record -- Pac was the first to put it on a big record.  The black women going round saying "Lay Low" are saying it mimicking the tone and cadence from Nate in the song.  And saying the whole phrase... "YOU BETTER LAY LOW"

It's the whole phrase all together --  "YOU BETTER LAY LOW!"

bro i’m not really splitting hairs, you better lay low has been a very popular phrase WELL before that nate hook

trust me, i too would love to give the goat credit here but it’s about the same as crediting the term “lets get high” to dr dre

HighEyeCue

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2023, 03:23:32 AM »
Some good comments on this post!

Both NL Top Doog & Tha Last Meal are some of my favourite Snoop albums in his catalogue (obviously Doggystyle is no.1). Tha Blue Carpet Treatment is also in the mix.
Paid Tha Boss was a very solid album, but was kinda disappointed Dre was missing.

I have different feelings about NLTD & Last Meal, because after listening to NLTD, I was like DAMN that classic Snoop is back after the disappointing Da Game album.
The Last Meal felt like a more cohesive project and was better put together (I think Dre mixed the majority of the album too).
I feel the are more weaker/average songs on the Last Meal though that I just didn't bother ripping from the CD to my music library. There were only a couple of tracks on NLTD that I always skip - Somethin bout your buisness, Love my momma (beat was tight though). I could just about manage to listen to Down 4 my N'z depending on my mood.

As usual, the main gripe on a lot of Snoop's albums, they are just too long - Too many tracks, interludes that weren't necessary and some tracks could have been shaved rightdown by at least a minute!
Also the advance version of Tha Last Meal had some many dope tracks that never made it to the final release. As someone already posted, Snoop needs to release a 'lost tapes' album of the unreleased tracks. How 'No Bacctraccin' didn't get on there I have no clue! Meach Wells produced some heat on those tracks!

the P joint towards the end of Last Meal really was out of place...other than that I have no qualms with the album, classic to me

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2023, 10:52:20 AM »
the P joint towards the end of Last Meal really was out of place...other than that I have no qualms with the album, classic to me

Y'all gone miss me was my joint

"2pac rest in peace, farewell to my enemies"

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Young Old Head

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2023, 04:39:28 PM »
I think Tha Last Meal is the better album overall, but for some reason I go back to NL Top Dogg more often – love the chill songs like Buck 'Em (hellova Dre beat as well), Trust Me, Somethin' Bout Yo Bidness, Doin' Too Much, Just Dippin' or Don't Tell  8)

Cash Money Blood Gang

HighEyeCue

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2023, 05:32:42 PM »

perfect way to end the album 8)

The following users thanked this post: Dee Tha AK

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2023, 10:20:12 PM »

Meach was the fuccin dude back then when he linked with Snoop on so many solid cuts, "G Thang", and probably the biggest banger of all with Meach "My Heat Goes Boom" and then this one "Yall Gone Miss Me".

"Purple" and "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" were the only joints I really bumped on the Sampler.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2023, 10:21:19 PM »
I think Tha Last Meal is the better album overall, but for some reason I go back to NL Top Dogg more often – love the chill songs like Buck 'Em (hellova Dre beat as well), Trust Me, Somethin' Bout Yo Bidness, Doin' Too Much, Just Dippin' or Don't Tell  8)

"My Heat Goes Boom" > "Ya'll Gone Miss Me"  and I love both songs

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2023, 01:19:19 AM »
Meach was the fuccin dude back then when he linked with Snoop on so many solid cuts, "G Thang", and probably the biggest banger of all with Meach "My Heat Goes Boom" and then this one "Yall Gone Miss Me".

"Purple" and "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" were the only joints I really bumped on the Sampler.

u didn’t like back up hoe or father’s day with xzibit? no bacctraccin??

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2023, 01:55:48 AM »

I remember like playing through the sampler and some songs were nice but the only ones I really bumped on repeat were "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" and "Purple". So they must not have been that great if I don't remember them

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2023, 11:34:40 AM »

Those are great tracks. Last Meal advance was amazing

Sccit

« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »

might be better than the album shiet

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2023, 06:46:56 PM »
I remember like playing through the sampler and some songs were nice but the only ones I really bumped on repeat were "Ya'll Gone Miss Me" and "Purple". So they must not have been that great if I don't remember them

they were classix .. all 3 of those joints as well as purple and yall gone miss me

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2023, 12:05:42 AM »

they were classix .. all 3 of those joints as well as purple and yall gone miss me

Maybe "Purple" they didn't want to re-use the sample it was that same sample they use all the time for Dre and Snoop's or LL's "ZOOM" and it was on that "Smoke Weed" unreleased that DOC wrote for Dre.  It was on King T's unreleased Kingdom Come album.

Dre and Snoop must've been a big fan of that sample cause it kept showing up around their camps in a variety of dope cuts

HighEyeCue

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2023, 08:02:05 AM »
speaking of the advance anyone remember when Death Row leaked the retail version of Last Meal before it was released?

Young Old Head

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2023, 01:33:53 PM »

Snoop should definitely re-release Tha Last Meal for the 25th anniversary with all those leftover tracks

Cash Money Blood Gang